It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Credible Security Threat To NYC Transport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
AP & CNN are now reporting that there is a credible security threat to New York City subways. Sources also indicate that Police units are mobilising at Brooklyn Naval Yard.

ABC News
The New York City Police Department is investigating what it deems a credible tip that 19 operatives have been deployed to New York to place bombs in the subway, and security in the subways will be increased, sources told ABC News.

While the police department is taking the threat seriously, it is also urging the public not to be alarmed because — while the source is credible — the information has not been verified.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Mayor Bloombergs press conference shared some details of the plot. The primary target is the NYC Subway system. The NYPD will be paying particular attention to briefcases, baby stroller and other bags. National guard troops will also help.

- Police presence increased. Both uniformed and plain clothes

- Hercules teams deployed and are concentrating on Mass Transit

- News Agency aware of the threat 2 days ago, were asked to hold it.

- First time a threat of such specifity

- Asking Public to stay vigilant.

---Note, Did he just ask people not to use briefcases? In New York? Hah

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Nerdling]

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Nerdling]

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Is it too cynical to suggest that it could be a propaganda tie in to bushes speech today? I swear I wouldn't put it past them one iota.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Propganda Reigns Supreme.. How perfect! The ``guys`` they arrested, , will blurt out anything, to get attention.. Anyway, it got the administration where they want you:

BE VERY AFRAID!

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
or fear tactics?

well i seriously hope i dont blow up on my way home tonight.

and i wish all you ny'ers a safe trip home out of the office

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The news conference is set to go off here in a few minutes. There seems to be some confusion as to the credibility of the sources.

I have some info on this on www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
well it looks like if you are in the city be prepared to have your bags searched again -- they were showing them on abc news pulling people over to check everything out. Glad I am out in God's country.

Would the terrorists plan something specifically during a Jewish Holiday?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This would be a GREAT time to not muck things up, guys! Get your act together and communicate!

However this ends, it's gonna be dirty.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
scare tatics...

nothing else.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What if there are all these operatives in place for strikes such as the one last weekend that everyone seems to NOT be talking about. This is not a scare tactic, I mean, what the hell are they trying to scare us into? war? we are there, on 9/11 war was declared on the US. This is the continuation of attacks against Western culture, and all it stands for. I would be extra vigilant this weekend in all you do and be safe.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Threat level stays orange, what's the time to heighten it? Like... right now if they're serious?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
According to the news conference, these (operatives) are not in the city at this time.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
According to CNN the information about the threat was recovered in a home outside of Baghdad.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I just heard on Fox that it was a joint coalition-CIA-FBI raid on a residence south of Baghdad that netted two Al-Quaeda suspects who provided the information for the tip under interrogation.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Press some electrodes to my boys and I'll say anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by svendutch
Threat level stays orange, what's the time to heighten it? Like... right now if they're serious?

from what I understand, red would mean an attack is going to happen. no chance to stop it. an threat is there but is it going to happen? based on what I have read, it is quite possible but not guaranteed

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here we go again!

Nerdling, I have to ask.. should we get the duct tape and plastic out this time?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hmm, How intresting, at a time when Bush's popularity is at a down low, when ther's chaos in the economy, when no one is listening to him, hmm very approiate..

[edit on 6-10-2005 by crusader]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
For those of you who are following this on the off chance it's not a big conspiracy, but perhaps a real event:

Latest update: NYC Attack Was Scheduled for Sunday

start.earthlink.net.../43474440_3ca6_15526200510081120769549

Those arrested had received explosives training in Afghanistan, the law enforcement official said Friday. They had planned to travel through Syria to New York, and then meet with operatives to carry out the bombings.

If you read the entire article it seems to be being presented that the intercepting of those arrested outside the country has averted the attack. But I wonder due to the fact that it also sounds like the actual "operatives" intended to carry out the bombings are already in this country and none of them have been identified (what was it - 20 or so?).

Does the fact that the ringleaders are incarcerated guarantee that the "operatives" are not still in a position to carry out their mission? The incident yesterday in Penn Station makes me wary regarding whether this may be an averted event, regardless of whether or not something occurs tomorrow.

[edit on 10/8/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
thanks for the link. some other things that aren't mentioned there.

the informant has led the US to insurgents in Iraq in the past but he has given investigators information on 15 attacks in the US that have turned up absolutely nothing. So, he's 0 for 15 in local attacks and the whitehouse deems him unreliable but he's reliable in overseas actions, which resulted in arrests in Iraq and apparently one of the arrested men mentioned the attack.

What makes no sense to me is Sunday the 9th of October. The subways will be practically empty unless they are going to try and attack in conjunction with subway riders heading to Yankee Stadium. If that is the case, they better hope the Yanks win tonight.

The police presence on the subways on my way home was pretty lame. Saw one hercules guy on the platform as I was exiting my train.some cops on the street outside the entrances but not much else. Times Square is jammed with cops this morning. Cop cars are parked strategically in front of banks and ABC studios. They are lined up in front of buildings. Unfortunately I was driving by too fast and it was raining so no pics to share. On my way home I will walk thru there if it isn't raining and try and get some pics

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
What makes no sense to me is Sunday the 9th of October. The subways will be practically empty unless they are going to try and attack in conjunction with subway riders heading to Yankee Stadium. If that is the case, they better hope the Yanks win tonight.

I was thinking the same thing. Not exactly a usual pick for maximum impact with these events that are ususaly during rush hour. I would tend to think if there were any credibility to the reports of a possible attack, I wouldn't be worried about Sunday, unless they are doing the Columbus Day parade then instead of Monday this year. Even so, I still wouldn't expect a Sunday event.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join