It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing StickyG -- Budding Electronic Musician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

PODcast: Introducing StickyG -- Budding Electronic Musician
Dusted off the ol' midi keyboard and reaquainted myself with cubase.

length: 03:09
file: bts_musicpodcast_394.mp3
size: 2968k
feed: btsm

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Very nice, StickyG!
The tempo had me fooled at first. I was surprised when the 'organ' came in.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a MIDI keyboard soon (my first). Any recommendations? I'm a beginner and will only do stuff for my own amusement (and the occasional PODcast, I'm sure).

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey Sticky...

Wanna buy a recording studio? I have one for sale. The contents at least.

- G

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Really, thanks for the compliment. I haven't touched my midi setup in over a year and only renewed my interest after hearing some of the podcasts here. My intro above was a one nighter and everytime I listen to it, I find parts I would change, but in all fairness, it was more or less an exercise to refamiliarize myself with Cubase SX. Great program btw, as it serves as a top of the line sequencer with VST support. I am no professional musician by any standards and consider it more as another hobby to enjoy. I do have some electronic music and recording engineering classes under my belt, but I took those in a community college in the early 90's.

The midi keyboard I use, I picked up a few years ago at Guitar Center for 120 bucks. It's an "Oxygen 8" made by m-audio.

Link to Oxygen 8 on m-audio website

Neat little keyboard I must say, as it has more knobs than I know what to do with atm.

I hook it up to my computer via a midi cable and an audigy platinum soundcard. The keyboard can also be used via USB, but the high latency issues (time it takes for music program to recognize a keypress) make it almost worthless this way. Stick with midi cables and a capable sound card.

To jtma508:

While your offer is tempting....

Amazing how that stuff depreciates aint it? I have racks upon racks of effects processors, and closets full of instruments, all on my computer HD thanks to VST tech and the resources of the usenet. shhhhhhh.

peace

join