It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Reviving Agency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is being constructed to act as a restraint against TKA, so they don't get outta wack and start killing good threads that deserve a long life. I know the mods would handle that, but this would make their job easier. What we would do is find the threads that deserve to be revived and revive them. They don't nessisarily have to be killed by TKA, but I'd keep a careful watch as to which threads they kill. This Agency and the TKA can work together to make the contents of ATS better.

Its easy to destroy something and its recreating that takes creativity.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Its easy to destroy something and its recreating that takes creativity.

Au contraire, it takes some work to kill a thread beyond all hope. It is also the easiest thing in the world to thwart us.

All you need to do is respond.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Yesterday I responded to 10 older threads that had only one response or less. Doing that kick started about half of those threads

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Not quite. You have to post and make sure that your post will keep the conversation going. Also, it doesn't have to be that way. We could work together. A friendly contest, if you will. We would attempt to revive more threads than you kill, most of those probably being threads which you had already killed. Also, another effect of this Agency is that, if people join it, there will be a rash of new and better posts from our side.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
TKA started as a cry for people to respond to posts. It grew into a place where those of us who seem to kill threads can band together and take pride in our skills instead of feeling lost and alone. A support group, if you will.

Revive away, we wouldn't have posted in those topics if we weren't interested in discussing them. Too many good topics get lost on ATS because people don't want to look past the first page.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Reviving a forgotten thread is like shocking a dead monkey. Even if its alive, what purpose can it serve?

So if its the job of the thread revivers to keep a thread going, then aren't all normal posters, thread revivers? I don't see anything worth mentioning to a mod about a special group of people whos point is to revive threads that maybe died when they were supposed to. Even if you say that a thread met a premature death, reviving it will merely grant you some points. So are you spammers? Posting in dead threads to gain points for yourselves?

Or is it something else? Revenge on the TKA for taking away your projected points? TKA is a help and support group for those cursed by the TK affliction, while your organization will be a self-centered post fest, where randomness, or pointless posts reign supreme. Keep smacking that dead monkey! Onward!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
Reviving a forgotten thread is like shocking a dead monkey. Even if its alive, what purpose can it serve?

So if its the job of the thread revivers to keep a thread going, then aren't all normal posters, thread revivers? I don't see anything worth mentioning to a mod about a special group of people whos point is to revive threads that maybe died when they were supposed to. Even if you say that a thread met a premature death, reviving it will merely grant you some points. So are you spammers? Posting in dead threads to gain points for yourselves?

Or is it something else? Revenge on the TKA for taking away your projected points? TKA is a help and support group for those cursed by the TK affliction, while your organization will be a self-centered post fest, where randomness, or pointless posts reign supreme. Keep smacking that dead monkey! Onward!

You make alot of assumptions. Number 1 is that your assume that I had the thought of gaining points when I created this thread. That is not the case. One could assume that you are aiming for points because you post at all, but is that the case? No, posts are to state your opinion, or facts that you have researched, not to gain more points. TKA is actively killing threads, if it were a support group they would be trying not to kill threads, and become better posters. At lest that is what I believe a support group does. I plan to create a place where people who have an honest desire to produce good posts and improve, while bringing a couple of old great threads back so they and others, who have not expiranced them may enjoy those old great threads.
And that bit about revenge on the TKA for taking away projected points is an insult that I will not tolerate. I am not and WILL NEVER BE that kind of person! TKing is not a disease. TKing can easily be prevented with a little research and concern for other people's feelings. And while I have done my fair share of TKing I have never done it on purpose and am, through this group, attempting to make sure it never happens again!!! Maybe you should keep wild accusations and assaults to yourself until you know the person they are directed at next time.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is being constructed to act as a restraint against TKA, so they don't get outta wack and start killing good threads that deserve a long life.

Hi Void,

Please tell me you are going to name your group TRA, that way we can get all Monty Pythonish with our 'People's front of Judea' jokes.

TKA - TRA, let's call the whole thing off.

ps: Aren't you worried about TKAers posting on your thread?

Peace & Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

TKA is actively killing threads, if it were a support group they would be trying not to kill threads, and become better posters.

I don't think anyone in TKA sets out with the purpose to kill a thread. I don't, at least.

I just don't like to post in an inflammatory manner and that seems to have an effect on responses. I used to be quite a 'rhymes with witch' when I was first here and yes, I got lots of responses. Now, when I actually take the time to think about a response and not take an adversarial stance, people are less likely to respond.

I find that interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Secret Society I covertly represent has endowed me with a gazillion dollar grant to pen this request of your charitable organization.

Please kind souls,

Locate and surreptitiously revive any dead BTS threads fitting these descriptions:

Bout Time offering to answer any and all questions relating to love, life and the Universe.

Valhall remembering how much she likes cowboys.

Vagabond and Rant's manic (and hopelessly doomed) conspiracy game foray.

Curme's mammarian discovery of Japanese Choco Party (good, good).

Colonels thoughts on the passing of a beloved President.

Anything relating to ear wax, headgear or naughty dentistry.

Dr StrangeCraft's plans for world domination.

Herman mad (multiple entries).

The Wonderwoman movie casting couch call.

Thank you on behalf of evil,

The Dead Horse Society

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You're makig the assumption that TKA is out to deliberately kill threads. That's simply not even CLOSE to the truth. We DO do plenty of research, and we post well thought out threads, and we start threads that we think are very interesting, and people would be interested in. I myself started four threads recently, and only had ONE that got any replies, and most of those replies were from fellow TKA members.

TKA is a place for like minded people to go, and for us to do research to find out how to better ourselves, and to become better posters to threads. A lot of us are frustrated by the fact that we kill threads, and want to learn how to NOT kill them. We decided that we were going to make it fun at the same time, and have a place where we could go when we were having a bad day, or several of them, and be able to laugh by reading the "press releases" or about fritz the cat, or just to get support.

We have actual researchers into different members that have very successful threads, to figure out why theirs are so successful, and what we can do to make OURS more successful, and we've been working on a plan to learn to STOP killing threads. We are NOT setting out to purposely destroy a thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh crud. Now I feel really stupid. I read Zaphod's post about the 7 threads he started 4 of which he killed and I misinterpreted the context. There is only so much that can be interpreted through text. Thus I hereby ask forgiveness from all those who were offended by my previous statements, and I should probably now join TKA because this thread is as good as dead. That is, unless people are still willing to keep the "TRA" in existence. Which, admittedly, probably won't happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No harm, no foul. Like you said, there's only so much that can be said through text, and it's easy to misunderstand things. My fiancee and I have to talk mostly through text messages and IMs, so I know how easy it is to have a misunderstanding. Have some donuts and coffee.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I can't have caffeine.

Sorry Void, you caught me before my nap. I didn't mean to make a shouting statement. I just wanted to be loved :bnghd:

In other news, I've never on purpose killed a thread. It happens, like sh!7.
So in order to avoid lawyers and hitmen, I offer my services as a computer tech to help solve any problems you have with yours.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Apology accepted. I might take you up on that offer, our computer is a piece of carp. I'll have to call off the Hitmen, and the lawyers too but they won't be nearly as hard because I never took off their shock collars.*smiles and presses a button*

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What Kind of computer? What's wrong?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well nothing really. Not yet anyways. Its just horribly out dated. I think its a 56K. I don't really know what that means but I have been lead to believe that it is a very slow and old type of computer.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That's your modem connection, that's a completely different story. You can find your general computer specs (if you have windows) by Right clicking My computer, clicking Properties. And See what it says beneath "Computer".

Like the laptop I'm on says : intel Pentium 4 mobile 1.40 Ghz

If it's an older machine it will say something like x86 then numbers.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Do we have a truce?

I mean if TRA no longer wants to revive dead monkeys, does that mean TKA no longer wants to kill them?

IMHO it is often good to revisit old issues when new info or new members climb on board. Certainly not a week goes by that someone doesn't stumble onto something creates a new thread when an older version exists(yes, I have). But that's part of the beauty of it. New people looking at otherwise old ideas in a new light, or with new thoughts.

If TRA is to continue, then I suggest we offer the same drinks, but instead of donuts, how about free popcorn? The esteemed Dr. Yrag Kesulab always offered popcorn FREE, but you had to bring your own microwave.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yes, I do believe we have a truce.

I would like the TRA to continue and do some good work with reviving old threads and helping out our sister group, TKA, with whatever we can manage. And we aren't merging our groups (to my knowledge) but will remain (hopefully)brother/sister groups. I'll work on our mission statement when we get more people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join