It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members are just PCT's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist/s.

I know this might seem hard to understand but are we all just paranoid?

I came across a website about the Illuminati but the author is a sceptic and describes people like us in a way that made me think we all just might be paranoid and dillusional.

He says the only type of people who he has met that describes people who think like us is "mentally ill people"

One can only speculate as to why PCTs exist. It is easy to explain their proliferation: modern mass communications has made it possible for anyone to become his or her own press and propaganda machine. But why PCTs in the first place? The only other experience I've had with such thinking was when I had to get involved with some mentally ill people.

I actually thought maybe this is what most of the people here are.

Maybe some are,but we cant really know that for sure.

He goes on to say people who believe in UFO's/mind control/secret societies etc are,

"Trying desperately to make sense out of a world they can no longer relate to. The world is too complicated, too mean, too cold, too unsatisfying for them. In the real world, they are considered nothing and despair of ever being anything but on the outside looking in. They see science as telling them they are an accident and their lives are without meaning. In their alternative world, they rule and are hopeful. Everything is in its place or will be put in its place. There is order and meaning. Life is significant"

It got me thinking that maybe we really are just paranoid.

Then my rational thinking kicked in and i thought feck him,he hasnt dissaproved anything about the beliefs of "PCT's".

Whilst even i have a problem believing certain topics like Mind Control, shapeshifting reptilians etc its because it lacks evidence and my beliefs only go so far.

This is the link to the page where this guy tries to make out we are all just Mentally Ill people.

Im not mentally ill (or am i) but just read the whole article and let me know what you think.

skepdic.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There's a spectrum that can be easily envisioned that describes PCTs and non-PCTs:

At one end, those who accept all information at face value, and at the other end, those who accept nothing at face value:

[gullible]--------------------|average|--------------------[PCT]

In the middle is the "average" person of reasonable intelligence that is fully aware the news isn't presenting the entire picture, politicians lie, governments have dark secrets, and more things unknowable. The "average" person is generally aware of these issues, but chooses not to dig and goes about their lives.

The "gullible" may be somewhat less educated than the "average" and it's rather obvious these people are not interested in deciphering anything beyond the information they're given.

Now, the "PCT" category is certainly a difficult group. These people are definitely prone to paranoid delusions, either through intense immersion in troubling topics or through pre-existing mental conditions.

I believe ATS as a whole lies somewhere around here:
[gullible]--------------------|average|---------[ATS]----------[PCT]

We've had (and have) some members in danger of encountering the "deep end" of paranoia, but I think we generally keep this in check with a healthy balance appropriate skepticism and a broad array of topics.

Perhaps the author didn't spend any time here... after all, you only need to spend a little time on "other" conspiracy theory websites to see how deep the deep end can get.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding cynical, people who haven't been classified in health care as having mental abberations, probably simply have not been diagnosed yet.

PCT, Average, Gullible ... And all spectrums of that series are all normal in some milieu, and not so normal in others. Be we are all human beings...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hey, its like old saying, "Better safe then sorry". That is what every PCT thinks, better be safe the sorry, and maybe they will outlive all the others!
lol
But hey you get free medication for beind PCT.

:homer: "mmmm candy"

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Not all of us are PCTs, some of us are professional government disinformation agents

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Oh, I see ... that's just what you'd like us to think, isn't it markjaxson!?! Are you so blind, or have they gotten to you too?

We're through the looking glass here, people.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Is it just me or is there a conspiracy against conspiracy theorist at a conspiracy site?

I think I thought you thought that, but then I realized you weren't thinking what I thought you thought. So maybe there is no conspiracy against the conspiracy theorist at this conspiracy site.

Doesn't that make me welcome?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The author seems to write off PCT's as religious loonies,from what I've seen on ATS it's more like 50/50 Christians and atheist/agnostic/other.

Paranoid or not,there is still plenty wrong with our leaders and their behaviour that needs examination.

Instead of PCT's how about ATI's?(Alternative Theory Investigators)

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist/s.

I've given this some thought. I'm a member at several conspiracy sites (ATS is supreme), and moderate one.

I've had the chance to interact with many people on these sites. My feeling is close to SO's, we are in between the average and the PCT's. We seek knowledge. We do not want to go day by day in a fog of what the media and world tells us. I would call us Truth-Seekers.

I don't call that being Paranoid. I call it Preparedness and being a Responsible Humanbeing. As we've seen by most historical events, Katrina being one of them.... never expect someone to help you. You must be prepared, be responsible, and take care of yourself, using the knowledge you gleen while seeking the truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Take sometime and check out "Orwell Rolls in his Grave". It's a documentory on American media. If you still think that we're all just paranoid and that the corporate media (which 5 own all major media outlets) actually doesn't have conflicts of interest and always give us the whole truth, then God help you. This ISN'T a theory my friend. They present what helps their parent company which owns music, radio, defense companies, Disneyland. They buy out all the smaller guys who have originality and truth.

Update: We are now in 1984. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am definitely PCT. because if I was anything else I would not even bother with my time here.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just let me make one thing clear, i never actually said anyone on ATS is paranoid i just wanted to question members on this board about this so called PCT stereotype.

I enjoy reading articles on UFO's, and i have seen many videos showing what appear to be UFO's that no-one can actually debunk... Mexican Airforce UFO video being the main one.

Even though i have not actually witnessed a UFO with my own eyes,i still believe that there are UFO's or to be more precise ET's, Intelligent Life other than our own kind (If you call us that).

And then again when i question my own belief's about anything which may seem out of reach for the closed minded type of person, i sometimes think maybe i am a little paranoid but hey like someone else said, theres nothing wrong with being a little paranoid...absolutely nothing wrong at all.

Also this cracked me up.

iksmodnad
I am definitely PCT. because if I was anything else I would not even bother with my time here.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Not all of us are PCTs, some of us are professional government disinformation agents

And some are amateurs, too.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
LOl lol lol

Not ALL of us suffer from dementia...just some...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Interesting response. Would like to know if mayhap's you can help us with not just an overview, but some things you may have read or watched the EBE/UFO field?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OK, so i'm a paranoid egomaniac with delusions of granduer. I really don't see that as a problem. Hell, if anything it makes my life more interesting. The only thing worse than the world being out to get you is the world NOT being..etc etc etc...

I had a demon come into my bedroom one night and try to kill me. freaked me out for the longest time till i learned about waking paralysis. It was a classic case and i knew that it really wasn't a grand conspiricy by the nether world to silence me. case closed.

I was driving down the highway one night and saw a bigfoot. That sucker was real. I haven't solved that one yet.

If someone tells me they saw a shape shifting alien I tell them, "Not a problem, I saw a bigfoot once."

Reality is the measure of things permissable within the confines of time and space. To put it differantly, if it takes up time and it takes up space, it is real. Even if the time and space it takes up is only in the mind of the observer.

I would rather be thought of as crazy than be one of the sheeple. I would rather question everything than accept what i am told to accept.

Long live the lunatics, you keep me alive.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We are the truth and knowledge seekers, we care about the world we live in...Some people exist and never think of death as that might upset their applecart... They just live day after day, never listen to the news, never question anything..."If they tell us something, it must be true"

I'm surrounded by such looneys and they could care less what is going on in this world, outer space or in their own backyards. All they care about is getting paid Fridays , the six pack of coors and their Buffalo wings, thank you very much...Thats all they care about.

Me? I will risk getting called nutty
or worse...I dont care for i have the true knowledge or at least some knowledge...about space, time, the sky, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, government secrets, bla bla bla bla bla.
Dont get me wrong, i would NEVER dare approach anyone and start conspiracy chit chat.
But if i run into someone who is curious or expresses an interest in "chemtrails" i can tell them what i know...

I hate narrowminded people in constant denial. I wont give them the time of day (except my family, of course)
what can i do..

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Truth-seeker here. I used to be a PCT until I gained a larger understanding of what's necessary for states and organizations to pursue goals too complex for the masses to understand and accept. Then, I became Uber PCT.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well, thank you markjaxon.
This is the best laugh I have had in a while.

You do realize that once you start to recognize you may be nuts, then you cant stay in the
padded cells anymore. You gotta go back to the real world.
You are graduating. Congrads.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This skeptic guy is a type of person i`d describe as wrapping himself in cotton wool just so`s he can believe the world is normal and functioning with nothing out of order,this guys dellusional imo.

Also this is what he gets for pointing a finger,you always have three more pointing back atch ya(try it and see).He`s tripplely mentally dellusional

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join