It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hutchison Effect...why hasn't this been researched more?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I really don't know much about it, but here are 2 links:

Video

Wikipedia

It would seem to me that, if real, this would be a HUGE deal. It's basically antigravity. So can anyone explain to me the problem?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My uneducated guess would be that

A- He is not a known name in the science field

B-Even he is not sure what causes his reactions and often cannot duplicate them

BUT

He has gained some fame with his work in zero point batteries. In Japan I believe if my memory serves me right.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe it has been researched more in secrecy and the powers that be discredited hutchinson by making him out to be a crack pot

If you have read "The Hunt for Zero POint" by Nick Cook I would also like to know more about the works of Viktor Schauberger and Dr. Evgeny Podkletnov but I haven't found all that much.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hutchinson himself makes himself look like a crackpot. No one needs to help him look like that. Some of the stuff he has done is truely mind blowing but he himself said it's more of an Art then anything else, he see himself as an Artist rather then an inventor. His own words btw

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hutchison is like david blain. Simple tricks, act serious, gain fame... except he hasn't done so well at the fame part.

He is an artist... he does magic tricks but instead of claiming he is magic, he claims in the paranormal or science.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Hutchison is like david blain. Simple tricks, act serious, gain fame... except he hasn't done so well at the fame part.

He is an artist... he does magic tricks but instead of claiming he is magic, he claims in the paranormal or science.

Is there evidence of this? By most accounts I've seen, the "Hutchison Effect" is a real phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
From what I remember, Their was a lot of "hoopla", when he first revealed himself. And was even able to reproduce the effect. Untill..........The milatary started its investigation. Thats when he started to be ridiculed. And was unable to "do it again".
Hummmmm. Makes ya wonder, don't it?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Okay, if you go to that Wikipedia site, click on the first video link. THERE IS A STRING THAT YOU CAN SEE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN. He's con artist - and a pretty *bad one at that if he got his rigs and wires into the shot.

If you click on your video link and watch the scene where all the water levitates out of the glass, it has to shuffle a little bit before it can get out. Real water wouldn't need to stay together - it would flow around itself. It wasn't water - it was a freaking gel that he pulled out.

After seeing that string, it leads me to believe that he did that with everything else. Just because there are a bunch of cutaway scenes of him playing with buttons and levers, it doesn't mean he is going anything scientific.

*profanity edit

[edit on 20-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sadly this thread turned into a comedy act.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Sadly this thread turned into a comedy act.

Hoping this thread was going to have some good info or something I didn't read into.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Even the wikipedia site explains the strings:

Some demonstration videos have been released by Hutchison, which have been subject to much skepticism by critics. In response to critics pointing out a clearly visible string at the edge of the picture moving synchronously with the toy UFO, Hutchison explains:

"The string is not string but #32-gauge double polythermalized wire on a takeup up reel with 20 to 50000 volts DC. The the main apparatus was turned on, causing the toy plastic ufo to fly all about in amazing gyrations. This was a pretest to gryphon films airing this fall for fox TV. I did not need the extra high voltage 2000 time period so the toy levitated without a high voltage hook up during the filming for gryphon there was a string on the toy no high-voltage dc but interesting movements."

Also I remember seeing a video where a camera crew was filiming an interview with him, and their cameras were rolling when a piece of sponge i think it was, flew up to the ceiling and then fell down.

But nobody was conducting an experiment !

I see the skeptics have nothing to say about his work with battery technology though.

I guess its all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinitrotolueneOkay, if you go to that Wikipedia site, click on the first video link. THERE IS A MOTHER FLUNKING STRING THAT YOU CAN SEE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN.

So? And do you have to type in CAPS like some kind of a mentally disabled person or something???

That string is easily explained:

The string is not string but #32-gauge double polythermalized wire on a takeup up reel with 20 to 50000 volts DC. The the main apparatus was turned on, causing the toy plastic ufo to fly all about in amazing gyrations. This was a pretest to gryphon films airing this fall for fox TV. I did not need the extra high voltage 2000 time period so the toy levitated without a high voltage hook up during the filming for gryphon there was a string on the toy no high-voltage dc but interesting movements.

Besides, I'd love to see you (or anyone else for that matter) make ANY object move like that one in the 1st Wikipedia video, the fact is - it's outside the realm of possibility to do that with a string. That concept is pure rubbish, the way thing thing was moving, it had to have some kind of forces, like electromangetism effecting it.

Originally posted by trinitrotolueneHe's con artist - and a pretty #ty one at that if he got his rigs and wires into the shot.

Please provide one bit of proof!

Originally posted by trinitrotolueneIf you click on your video link and watch the scene where all the water levitates out of the glass, it has to shuffle a little bit before it can get out. Real water wouldn't need to stay together - it would flow around itself. It wasn't water - it was a freaking gel that he pulled out.

And you know that how? Are you saying you successfully managed to levitate water, and thus know how it should look like?

Originally posted by trinitrotolueneAfter seeing that string, it leads me to believe that he did that with everything else. Just because there are a bunch of cutaway scenes of him playing with buttons and levers, it doesn't mean he is going anything scientific.

No, but the fact that these are Nikola Tesla's experiments does.

Tesla is the best physicists who ever lived, along with Einstein, Tesla invented many many things, and carried out immese research into electromagnetism and other things of this nature.

Remember, that he was the lead scientist behind the Philadelphia experiment!

I think this guy is telling the truth. Even today's scientists cannot follow concepts laid down by Einstein and Tesla, so how do you expect Hutchinson to follow them, and know exactly whats happening?

Edit:

Also, just thinking about this....the fact that Hutch. hasn't been able to re-create the results only further proves he was telling the truth.

All of this is of course Tesla's work, which would have to be worked on a lot, and I bet there was a lot of trial and error before anything really happened, and he still hadn't much clue, to exactly what was happening.

Now obviously his lab would have had all of his and Tesla's papers, his lifetime work, all his notes, conclusions - basically everything related to this.

Now just think about this....you have an 80GB HD. On it, you have family pics, movies, games (cds of which you lost long ago), music, passwords, important documents, all the stuff you've been working on, all your projects, everything - your whole life.
Now images that HD crashed, and all data was lost.

How would you start everything over? For me, the sheer concept is ridiculous.

But then, try to amplify this by a thousand times, and this is what Hutchison must have felt when his lab was destroyed.

How is he just able to simple re-do the experiment like that? Do you honestly think he knew every bit of it off by heart, let alone knew what everything does?

Could Tesla even remember exactly how to set up his experiments? I doubt it, all scientists keep precise details of all their work, so they are able to do exactly what they need to, and not make the same mistakes, and having everything they discovered at hand.

And then, where would Hutch get all the money he would need for all the new equipment?

I'm sure it wasn't easy for him, however if he was a con artist, he would know exactly how he did it, and would re-create all this without too much trouble, to credit his theories further.

There you have it.....the guy's telling the truth bloody 'ell!

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Manincloak]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Could Tesla even remember exactly how to set up his experiments?

Actually yes he could, he designed just about everything he built solely in his head, he was a Genius not a Con Artist.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Also, just thinking about this....the fact that Hutch. hasn't been able to re-create the results only further proves he was telling the truth.

In that case I can shoot bunnies out of my bum! And you know its true because I can not recreate this on a regular basis. When you look, it just seems to not work, but my cousin will sware he saw me did it. And because I'm just experimenting with this and do not understand why i can shoot bunnies out of my bum, it proves i'm telling the truth!

I'd argue further, but there is no point in logically arguing with someone who is illogical.

He is a magician UNTIL he can document the process, supply a solid supportable and repeatable theory or evidence. David Copperfield can fly around a room, he claims its magic at the time, and ofterward explains its an "illusion". Hutchison just doesn't admit anything afterward, so if he wants to claim its real, he need to document experiments and show repeatability, until then there MIGHT be something to it, but it doesn't matter until he proves it.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
there's a couple of audio interviews with him here:

www.americanantigravity.com...

according to him, back in the '80's he had people like Oliver North calling him.
He also had a lab destroyed while he was working in Germany(supposedly by the Canadian gov't).

He talks a lot about using tesla coils in tandem and also using rf. Could be he was onto something, big science sussed it out, improved on it and painted it black

don't worry about the ALL CAPS crowd and keep enquiring

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Armchair scientists are out in full force.

Until you can recreate his "magic" tricks, give the man a bit of credit. Even I can do some magic tricks !

Why don't we recreate the philadelphia experiment?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How can we duplicate it if the guy himself claims he doesn't know how he does it!!

You obviously do not know how the scientific method works. If you do not record your findings in an empirical manner with minute details covered then your claims will be tossed on the growing mountain of psuedo-science, false claims and outright scams. Without the information required to duplicate what he does then what he is doing is worthless other then selling DVD's and Books to suckers to fatten his wallet.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
How can you call him a con artist when you do not know how the man does it?

Quite funny.

And it doesnt matter if he cannot duplicate his results, because you cannot explain how he got his first result !

Hutchinson 1 - Skeptic 0

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Also I should bring up one thing. If you want to talk scientific method, YOU have to follow it up.

YOU can apply the scientific method to your claims about the Hutchinson effect.

In my opinion you have already begun, as you have viewed his material and come to think that he is a con artist.

So its up to you to devise some experiments proving results by your methods IE "con artist, scam" etc whatever they may be.

Back it up.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
How can you call him a con artist when you do not know how the man does it?

Quite easily look at his website it should give you a hint.

Quite funny.

And it doesnt matter if he cannot duplicate his results, because you cannot explain how he got his first result !

Nice kung-fu logic there Dulcimer explain me this then. Why are ALL of his videos zoomed up? Why not document how his equipment is setup with his camera? That would be enough for duplication but he doesn't do that why? This whole thing smells rotten.

Hutchinson 1 - Skeptic 0

Maybe in your mind but for anyone who knows a thing about science it's more like Skeptic 5 - Hutchinson 0 on this thread alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join