It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLAN TO EVACUATE LONDON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
www.sky.com...

"PLAN TO EVACUATE LONDON

The Government has drawn up plans for a mass evacuation of London in the event of a terrorist attack.

Leaked documents seen by the Sunday Times are claimed to show how seven million people would be herded into "rest and reception areas" in the Home Counties."

[Edited on 7-9-2003 by Peace]

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can see that causing some major problems....
Maybe they should be letting us know what to do ourselfs in this kind off attack..
Coz i have not got a clue..and i dont want to get shot

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I dont believe that they will ever be able to evacuate all of London.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I dont believe that they will ever be able to evacuate all of London.

Even though I don't live in england, I don't think they can or will either.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I live in London...And i think it would be almost inpossible...How would they be able to keep track and more everyone it just sounds crazy!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Even in the darkest days of the cold war there was never a "real" plan to evacuate London or any other city in the UK.

Rather there were plans put in place to dig "plague pits" - mass graves for the anticipated casualties.

I think any real plan for evacuation was really intended for the Government and the royal family - there is I believe even a dedicated tube line to Buckingham Palace and I'm sure the "new" jubilee line extension under Westminster has some provisions - being just 400 meters from Downing street - and is the deepest tube line constructed.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think it would be inpossible to evacuate London. I don't see how they could do it.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The Royal Family have got underground tunnels leading to bunkers, they were used in WW2, they must have even more today. It's my family and myself that i am worried about. The roads are packed with cars here everyday anyway, it can take hours to get out of London on a bad day. I do have family in Scotland and all i can hope for i guess is some warning of sorts so we can get the hell out of here.

Someone said the other day, if there was a terrorist attack on London, that everyone would support the PM, that is unlikely. Tony Blair is actually extremely unpopular at this time. He would be blamed for the attack, he took us to war in Iraq, he backed the US, i think this attack, if it were to happen would be the end of Tony Blair's career as Prime Minister. Some of us said before the invasion of Iraq that if the UK were involved it would put us at greater risk of a terrorist attack, the PM said we were at greater risk with Saddam still in power. If he is proved wrong, he will surely have to go.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
To those Londoners who didn't click on the article, you should probably be aware of the following things so you can make preparations for your families:

It lists Canary Wharf, Heathrow, Westminster, Whitehall and the City as possible terrorist targets.

The report comes as emergency services prepare for a huge counter-terrorism exercise on the London Underground during Sunday.

According to the newspaper, "high-level intelligence" showing an attack was imminent could spark a mass evacuation of large parts of the capital.

Incidentally there was another one of these emergency services exercises yesterday (Sunday 8/7/03) in the Philadelphia area. The Baltimore-Washington area has also seen increased activity (complete with guided missle batteries), and National Guard are still posted in and around NYC.

Something seems to be brewing. This morning (9/8) on the Today show, there was talk that our hospitals are drastically unprepared to deal with a bioterrorist attack.

If Blair is a criminal, then Bush is a mass murderer.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sounds like the makings of mass pandemonium...

I have to ask, where are all the displaced people to go? Most likely into some form of detention camp?

I guess the US isnt the only place with REX84 facilities...

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
And if you stay......one will most likely get a 24hour warning before city is locked up and anyone left will be considered a terrorrist.

If I were a londoner....which I was one. I would buy a motorcycle or anything that can get you out quick that can evade traffic. Buy a gas mask...pepper spray or anything legal for defence. Always have a backpack ready that is packed with distilled water,food,first aid kit,etc. We are in a WAR and everyone should be prepared for themselves...........think of what might happen and just be prepared.. do not be the ones who panic and do not become engulfed with fear.

And if you work at tall buildings...please take a skyjumping lesson and get a suit. In war...one warning is not enough to save your life.

Once your have a plan of exit and sustainability. Enjoy life and forget about this nonsense......

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I am English and although I don't live in London I used to work there. It would not be possible to evacuate London, the roads are packed and in all the time I worked there the trains were on time once!

This is yet another example of St. Tony's (Tony Blair's) spin. Never mind the truth, just get a good headline or photo-opportunity out of it.

Plane-freak

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thankfully I dont live in London, but in the West-country (Devon) but I do have alot of family living in London and friends as well.

There's noway that they could evacuate London, in any sort of time frame, 1,000s wouldnt want to leave thier homes, elderly who lived through 1 or 2 WW's wouldnt leave either.

And as for putting the people up, where would they go? there's no room in any detention centre's, full of illegal imigrants that wont go away and wasting our tax-payers money. (but thats another story)

If they think they could? where would they go? and who says its London that would be hit? I still personally think that if anything happens, they might well hit somewhere that no-ones expecting to be hit!

blackwidow (reporting from hospital)

top topics

join