It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Execution of the Old People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

PODcast: Execution of the Old People
00ps asks about execution of the old people as a solution to overpopulation. Have pharmaceutical companies extended peoples lives in the sole interest in continuing a consumer culture at the price of depleting natural resources and overpoplation for profit?

length: 04:46
file: atspodcast_155.mp3
size: 3638k
feed: ats

[edit on 13-9-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Love the intro music, 00PS, (Ghost in the Shell, no?) and background tunes. it goes very well.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yeah, my friend in the states is a dj and had his bro make a rift on guitar and looped it on top of his mixing.. track title is called "daddy'swishextended.mp3" recieved it by email almost a year ago, glad I could use it.

was it too hard to understand with the voice mask?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No, no problem with understanding through the voice mask, but I wonder why you feel it necessary to use one?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
2 reasons, the first not being too serious

Firstly, broadcastin podcasts from China might have some legal things about it. Not like my voice masking technology is something they couldn't crack but it's kinda making a statement that I'm broadcasting from a place that is known to be prone to take violent actions against those who outspeak against the government and it's policies.

Secondly, 00ps is not my name but my online chrachter. I see an alternate voice to being my online voice as another party of my online charachter's identity.

If it get's to the point where people really don't like it, I'll adapt my method of creating originality in my methods of online expression

oops out!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The Hard Questions

I'm chewing on this one -- it's not the kind of question that gets asked often here in the good ole' USA.

However, I can see how what may be a philosophical question for Americans is a very real concern for Chinese (and us too, eventually).

Once I've figured out if I can even comment coherently, I may respond -- by podcast, of course.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Hard Questions

I'm chewing on this one -- it's not the kind of question that gets asked often here in the good ole' USA.

Right and coming from America it's an interesting one to be asked. What would Americans actually think if China had a system to Execute the Elderly for population control.

If they actually did it in a good way and people died with dignity and a sense of national honor what would happen in American public opinion, would there be a reaction in policy/statement/other ?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think with all likelyhood, we will not have to face the issue of execution. The most probable after reading Thomas Malthus' and Paul Ehrlich's theory is conflict between societies or states for control of resources so as to feed the population.

The victors, in theory, should have lowered the population and gained access to a greater resource base.

This should process should be an ongoing phenomenon. Large populations = strain on resources = war = change of control of resources and lower population.

Also what should not be forgotten is mankind's ingenuity to overcome. To use the old saying " necessity is the mother of invention"

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

PODcast: Execution of the Old People (reply 1)
Sacrificing The Weak Links of Society For The Greater Good...

length: 03:38
file: atspodcast_403.mp3
size: 853k
feed:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I do not have the points to respond by Podcast.. so being careful I would reply by text.

oops brings up a interesting question.. but I can not help to think of it as the Logans Run solution. Killing of older people for the benefit of the young..

The problem with this is that you will see folks "fight" or "run" from the authorities as it comes time for their terms. Its only natural.. as humans tend to do. Survive when threateded...

So if we allow a government (All governments that agree to this principle of killing the old for the benefit of the young) to execute people for the "survival" of the race. Do the people of earth realize that they are agreeing with some of the most despised despots in human history? Adolf Hitler ordered the killing of the Jews on the same basic principles if you get past the anti-sentism of his thinking.. He believed that Jews, Gypsies and the mentally retarded and psychological patients were a drain on the resources of his Aryan Ideal.

The question is.. will humanity allow governments to kill a segment of the population to allow the younger portion to survived a smaller lifetime? I myself highly doubt it.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitanis
I do not have the points to respond by Podcast.. so being careful I would reply by text.

just a bit off topic, but you dont need points to respond by podcast.

you GET points when you post a podcast

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

PODcast: Execution of the Old People (reply 2)
BH - On lightening the social and religious morays of death. And the ultimate free choice.

length: 06:01
file: atspodcast_406.mp3
size: 2825k
feed:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

PODcast: Execution of the Old People (reply 3)
Some stuff I forgot. D'oh!
And a response to Yarcofin.

length: 03:07
file: atspodcast_410.mp3
size: 1463k
feed:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Argh. Replies getting erased just as I finish them
. Anyways let's try this again if I can remember most of it:

Benevolent,

You bring a good idea/alternative to the table that I somehow entirely overlooked; which I think would make the need for execution null and void if it ever came up. I'm talking about allowing people the choice to die. So often nowadays, we just can't seem to let people die. It is like we FORCE people to live unnaturally, until eventually even modern medicine cannot help them survive. Perhaps it is because of our society that loves lawsuits, and we are just covering our own butts through this practice, so that family members cannot turn around to doctors and say "You let my family member die!" and sue them. Why can't people choose to move on, once they feel they have gained everything they can from life? I don't think suicide has to be something attached to depression and turmoil. It can just be a step up to new challenges and opportunities for learning. Most people wouldn't force someone to stay in grade one who is reading and writing at a grade five level, I would hope. So why do we have to become so caught up in life that we look at it the same way, and assume that "this" is all there is.

Anyways, if population does ever become a live-or-die problem, I would hope that governments first give people the CHOICE to die, before moving on to executing people against their will. I think enough people would choose to die that it would balance out and the execution would not be necessary. But of course, there are many people against euthanasia as well. But I am on board with you on the idea that... if people have the right to live, they should also have the right to die.

It is my personal belief though that there is no controlling humanity, and we are bound to spread across every inhabitable inch of the globe like a plague until we consume all of our resources and destroy ourselves. We have no predators, and very little to worry about in life that can unavoidably kill us. It reminds me of the Provincial Park where I often used to go camping. They had a terrible problem with overpopulation of deer. There weren't enough wolves/coyotes in the park to deal with them all, and hunting in the park is not allowed, so they spread out of control with no limitations (much like humans) until they had consumed all of their food supply. They ate every reachable bit of grass, bush, or any other edible plant until there was nearly nothing left. In some areas of the park they put up fences to illustrate the difference between the grass outside (eaten to oblivion) and the plants inside that the deer could not reach. The deer population was about 3 times what the area could support. Some deer were forced to eat the grass along the edge of the road and garbage, which led to problems with humans and many being hit by cars
. So they had a controlled hunt and got the population back to normal, and there were no more poor starving looking deer on the side of the road. Before the hunt, you could see a deer every few hundred feet. Afterwards, they were afraid of humans again, and you were lucky to see one walking on a long secluded trail (as it probably should be). Anyways sorry for the long story, but I think humans are headed to the same overpopulation situation, and nobody will be able to solve it except ourselves (Or aliens maybe, who knows. lol!) But I'm sure the deer would have chosen death if given the opportunity/ability. Heck, maybe some of them were jumping out in front of cars on purpose.. you never know.

And thank you for your comments, although I don't see how I'm courageous. In fact I'd consider myself quite a coward. Still, it brought a smile to my face though, and perhaps a little blushing too lol. If nothing else, it is good to hear 'adults' finally taking me seriously. Thank you for seeing past the age barrier and seeing that we are all ATSers here, regardless. I think it takes a very special kind of person to be able to do that. Although I'm 18 so I suppose I AM "one of them" (an adult) now, I still feel like I am stuck in the mindset of a 13 year old at times. lol. I enjoy combining the intelligent mindset of an adult with the childish inquisitiveness and sense of adventure, and I hope I never lose it. Children are filled with some of the best ingenuity and worldviews of all our populace.

Edit: Wow that was long. I probably could have/should have made that into a podcast.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

join