It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our brains are changeing :P

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
not quite a conspiracy , but i figured it sat better here than anywhere else :

link

i figure the story will not sit well with certain people [ creationists - cough cough ]

but i like the idea that human developement is still ongoing - all we have to do is sit back and watch

Mod Edit: to fix link

[edit on 11-9-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Fascinating.

I wonder if one day scientists will devise a method to speed up evolution within ones lifetime, therefore greatly increasing ones intelligence. Or maybe a way to augment the gene mentioned in the article. Something to think about.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz
Fascinating.

I wonder if one day scientists will devise a method to speed up evolution within ones lifetime, therefore greatly increasing ones intelligence. Or maybe a way to augment the gene mentioned in the article. Something to think about.

GREAT find, IG.

...I have been monitoring this stuff for a while - and IMO - most of the changes have to do with new misfolded proteins first bypassing genetic controls, then causing mutations. Many of the impacts are damaging, and often fatal. But as is the way with mutations - many also are successful adaptations, and confer immunities instead of disease, or sometimes, increased brain power. In some ways, this "focus on the positive" serves to bury or at least camouflage the negative impacts - but hey - let's make lemonade.

(That is not a sarcastic comment. I mean it. We are stuck with the situation, and we need to make the best of it.)

...My main thesis is that we have a right to know what's really behind all these new mutations...

new topics

join