It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming melting antarctica? Wicked! cant wait to find whats underneath the ice!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Personally, i can't wait for our mess to melt the polar ice caps. Yea i know there will be problems for us......we'll have to move inland etc, sea levels will rise, it'll get colder?hotter depending where you are etc.

But we adapt! we always have.....chances our its not going to wipe us out
But i'm not interested in that. I'm more interested about what we'll find underneath.......

Possible things include:

- Mammoths, Dinosaurs, BIG sea dino's (the ones that look like nessie)

- The next possibilty is obviously that we find a super advanced, ancient city

- Or maybe we just find a regular old city.....or a whole, pre-industrial civilization, preserved under the ice.

- Man's missing links

- A Stargate (fingers crossed on that one!
)

- Meteorites, perfectly preserved for millenia.

- UFO's, perfectly preserved for millenia.

Any other possibilities you can think of?

What would be your favorite thing to find?

My, most realistic favorite would be a male mammoth with its nuts intact and a female one with her bits preserved, so we can clone one, WOOP WOOP!

There is an interesting thread on how antarctica was originally the hub of civilization as we know it. check it out! Antarctica Hub Thread

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If it does happen, I doubt the general public will know anything at all about what they find. They could find somethign that proves that there was spacecraft capable civilizations thousands of years before us, and they'll just keep itu to themselves and the archeoligists that find them.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wow you have good ideas coming in your head
But I think if we find UFO's the gouvernement will cover it up

Imagine the ice melt and we found an underice secret base
lol this we be very funny and I want to know what excuse they find find.

My favorite will be to find a super advanced, ancient city

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
there's one question to ask yourself 'is it at all possible that if the earth is indeed of a great age, that somewhere along the line (if there is life outthere) that it once visited our planet'? the answer has to be yes it is possible. did they perhaps visit humans, yet we did not at that time understand how to then keep that knowledge as we were yet to have language or writing? i think the ice will hold more truths than there ever were hidden under rocks and soil.

only time will tell...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
of course its possible. anything is, as long as its not beyond the realms of rationality.

There is of course no way to tell. Extra terrestrial lif COULD have visited us, yes. And they COULD be watching over us right now. They COULD have seen that we were, at the time, too primitive, and so wait until we are of sufficient advancement to return/reveal themselves again.

Although, a little of the mark of what i was saying
but i see what you were talking about. OH that we could find alien stuffs under the ice! okay im on track again!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
11undercover11, (not saying that i believe in them either way) if there was something under the ice, something this big, on a continental scale.....

its one thing to APPARENTLY cover up one little ship that crashes in the Nevada desert. but a whole city??? I mean, imagine being on a trek from antarctica in 50 or so years, only to trip over, and find what you tripped over was the antenna of an alien airport control tower, hidden under the ice.....

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Most likely you will find a bunch of cold, wet rocks.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by dave_54]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
BAH!!!! BRING ON THE STARGATE!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The most you will find are a bunch of rocks, puddles and some fossils of dinos that might have lived there. Maybe some new species of aquatic life living in Lake Vostok, nothing advanced, just like some deep sea prehistoric fish.

Know what would awesome, if the found a prehistoric bacteria or microbe that has been preserved in the ice.

As for alien stuff, star-gate, ancient civilization, and other silly new age stuff. Keep dreaming.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
By the time the caps melt the world will be in such a state of emergency from the water and weather changes that nobody is going to careless what is behind the ice, they are going to be looking for how to survive.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath. Unfortunately for the screaming environmentalists out there, the ice cover on the Antarctic continent is actually increasing, not the opposite.

Harte

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i guess once the caps are melted ( i live inland so hopefully still intact) we can put to rest the "inner world" theory where the poles lead us inside earth and to a whole other world... pretty cool actually

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I hate that inner world theory....its actually a pretty cool theory if it were true.....but its not so bummer........i still think there was a some point a separate civilization living on antarctica. You know like aztecs in brazil, ancient egyptians in egypt, ????? in antarctica.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by noiro
If it does happen, I doubt the general public will know anything at all about what they find. They could find somethign that proves that there was spacecraft capable civilizations thousands of years before us, and they'll just keep itu to themselves and the archeoligists that find them.

Of course, because we're not ready for such info. I mean imagine that some unknown civilization come to our planet and show us the proof that we were just engineered by them for testing purposes - I think this will drastically change current state of politics/economy/thinking/etc. And it doesn't need to be such awkward purpose of course.

And it's the same for UFOs, everything paranormal etc. Maybe you're ready for such knowledge, but 90% of population not.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
if everyone were told that i think everyone would get really depressed or lose the will to live etc. "whats the point of cleaning these toilets/washing these windows/teaching these kids if were all just an experiment eh!!!?"

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
if everyone were told that i think everyone would get really depressed or lose the will to live etc. "whats the point of cleaning these toilets/washing these windows/teaching these kids if were all just an experiment eh!!!?"

Exactly! And I think that even something like proof that (god, higher power, etc.) exists will do the same effect. We're not living our lives spiritually (not a best word) enough to accept such knowledge.

[edit on 2005-9-6 by zer69]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i think honestly that at i time like this the gov would have bigger things to worry about then covering up UFO's, ya know things like every city on the eastern, western and gulf coast being under water.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
i think honestly that at i time like this the gov would have bigger things to worry about then covering up UFO's, ya know things like every city on the eastern, western and gulf coast being under water.

Actually there is a lot of questions about that.

Remember the ice over the North and South poles also push the land/plate it is on down and add to the height the sea level is at.

With less ice we could in fact see lower water levels, nobody knows for sure yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I hate you Odium, you and your facts
. Well i guess i stand corrected.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
LOL dude, im torn between the melting caps and the change to the planet and planning a trip for me and you to go up there and get some fires going to help find the stargate!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join