It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!! WMDs FOUND IN LEBANON !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Not.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

It sure fooled some neo-con writers and captive media still clutching at straws...

Aficionados of the Drudge Report may have noticed several striking headlines recently linking to stories from the World Tribune, an enterprise with a title as grand and ambitious as it is unfamiliar. One such story last week began, �U.S. intelligence suspects Iraq�s weapons of mass destruction have finally been located.� The apparent scoop�of stop-the-presses significance�was unsigned, and billed as a �special to World Tribune.com.� The Times, the Journal, and the Washington Post, meanwhile, not only got beat but failed even to acknowledge the news in the days that followed. What gives?

Not everyone ignored it: Rush Limbaugh, for instance. �There�s a piece in the World Tribune today�one of the papers in the United Kingdom�exactly as theorized on this program early on,� he said on his radio show. �It�s unconfirmed, but it�s a story that many of the weapons of mass destruction are at present buried in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon.� Fox News, catering to a similar demographic, enlisted a military analyst that evening to discuss potential ramifications�military intervention in Lebanon?�on �The O�Reilly Factor.� According to the story, the weapons were probably delivered to the Bekaa Valley, a Hezbollah stronghold, in a caravan of tractor-trailers that was spotted leaving Iraq in January, two months before the war began, as part of a multimillion- dollar storage deal between Saddam Hussein and the Syrian government.

(Read on.... The World Tribune is not a UK paper, but a Virginia-produced website... or is it?)

newyorker.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The only WMD found in lebenon are those dropped on it by the Israelis.

I hate the O reily factor, its like watching a thinner, geekier Rush Limbaugh.

Of course, what do you expect copnservatives to do? of course they would jump on a rumor, however false it might be. Thats how they work. Right now, they have been so shamed and look like fools on this whole mess. If they found a barrel of expired anthrax in Iraq that was dated 15 years ago, they would jump all over it as absolute proof the war was justified.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Skadi

Yeah.

But I think "The World Tribune" is actually a deliberate ploy to set up an undercurrent of plausible sounding media for the neo-con mainstream media to pick the eyes out of, in the search for defenses of this useless corrupt administration.

It was cited by more than one idiot right wing commentator.

To me, it's like Big Brother's lying stool pigeon little Brother.

Another crock of bull# and lies.

(com -> con)

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Those WMD are here in the U.S.

Its those dum bugs flying around giving out that west nile virus.

Besides my Crack head neighbors who are killing each other.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
DEBKA.com had a report on that some months ago, that Saddam had the WMD trucked to the Beka Vlley and buried so they wouldn't be seen.

The Beka valley is a giant armed camp, so the Americans couldn't wander in for a look.

I think they were the first, others have picked up on it but there has been no more developments it seems.

Debka have a good hit rate but they are known to be wrong...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
World Tribune's pay site, Geo Strategy Direct (which is the source of WT's reporting), features Bill Gertz who has had in the past come up with some pretty provactive (and correct) intelligence analysis and is quite the author: don't discount them just because this story is in favor of the Bush admin.

Consider the source: the story MA is talking about is from"The New Yorker", they are so liberal they make Rush look like a centrist.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

It sure fooled some neo-con writers and captive media still clutching at straws...

good point.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
BUT - it's just as easy to say this story is false as it is true. There's not a lot of proof either way. I will say Gertz/GeoStrategy has reported things in the past that have been dead on: remember the scuds picked up on the way to yemen? Gertz reported that as they left NK ports - well before the ship was stopped and the media reported it. I am not saying I trust this story but the source is far from Rense.

Do we have any members in the vicinity of the Beka valley

new topics

top topics

join