It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Under Fire for Slow Action

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
From another thread:

Originally posted by intrepid
...some people had NO transportation. OK, so what if they walked? They had 2 days, the average person can walk approx. 4 miles/hour. Now if you can keep that up for 48 hours, that would get you 192 miles. Is that far enough to get to refuge? What if you can't keep up that pace, which is most likely, you'ld be caught out in the open with a vast storm crawling up behind you. A better scenario than hunkering down and try to wait it out?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
I agree bush has been to slow in his response, but remember these people were told to evacuate and many did not.

As has been said many times... this type of comment is callous for two reasons...
the people there now are poor... so poor, they couldn't afford gas... much less a car...
where were the evacuation buses? where were the free rides? where were they supposed to go... to the brothers house in Biloxi?

if you have no way to get there, and nowhere to go? it makes it rather hard to justify leaving...

So even if you don't feel sorry for those poor people doing the best they can...
how about the nursing home residents? yep... those pathetic bastards should have hitched up their depends, and catheters, and walked, crawled or rolled to the nearest border... yep... all their fault... ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THEY WERE ABANDONED BY THE CARE GIVERS.

The critics who dont have compassion for the survivors "because they lived in an aquarium, or they were told to leave" are ignorant...

But in reality... the critics are just doing the best they can also...
they can't imagine the harsh reality...they can't accept the chaos... they are not able to deal in the real world... in short... they dont have a clue....
they have just been too shelterd... too bad real life doesn't work like it does in prep school...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Got so ruffled with defending the poor survivors, forgot to rail on the Pres...

Bush is showing his elitist upbringing and selfish ways, when he says statments like:

"Zero tolerance for looters,"... (funny, since grocery store owners were quoted saying "take anything you need")

"temporary disturbance"

"everything that can be done is being done"- maybe he should have asked the FEMA rep, why he hadn't sent food and water to the hungry at the convention center. Or why it took 4 days to get the troops moving in while people died in the government suggested shelters....

and of course his activitys since the hurricane... hope he has gotten plenty of naps... and nice to know he is FINALLY visiting the disaster site... hope it tears his cold black heart right out of his chest...

and in closing: a big thumbs up to Oklahoma Lt Governor Mary Fallon for proposing the offer of all state lodges and state park cabins to those displaced survivors... this will not be enough influx to get federal aid, but she didn't care... she was creative, caring, and generous in her offer

[edit on 2-9-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The federal government's response to the New Orleans disaster is disappointing but no surprise. It's a glaring revelation of the distorted priorities that exist at the highest federal level. Helping your own in times of dire human calamity conflicts with and would draw precious $$ away from the One-World-Order agenda. Disappointing! Sad! Outrageous! Criminal! Unexpected?

This really highlights the value of local (state/local vs federal) power and control of state-side relief and aid efforts. Keep the money at home. Far too much of America's wealth that goes to Washington DC ends up heading overseas for use in military misadventures and meddling in other nations' internal affairs or in the offers of politically influential and favored mega-corporations. Sadly, that's what those in power think makes America GGRRRRREEAATT!

[edit on 9/2/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Kind of makes you wonder about the threads we have on ATS about this all powerfull FEMA ready to take over and rule the country.

Don't you know this is all part of the master plan propagated by the NWO to give us the sense of illusion that FEMA is inept and to give us all a false sense of security. Yes I am being sarcastic as hell!!!

Nice post Fred. If they had all of those camps we could sure use them now to house refugees from Katrina. Those special box cars would help as well to move people.

I am waiting on the thread that states that New Orleans wasn't hit by a hurricane, that it was all done on a soundstage with computer generated graphics. That it was to hide the fact that the Greys have finally attacked at New Orleans and this is all a cover-up to avoid the rest of the country from panicking.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Bush, our president, hand in hand and arm in arm with a mother and daughter who lost it all....

Lets get the ball rolling.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

and in closing: a big thumbs up to Oklahoma Lt Governor Mary Fallon for proposing the offer of all state lodges and state park cabins to those displaced survivors... this will not be enough influx to get federal aid, but she didn't care... she was creative, caring, and generous in her offer

[edit on 2-9-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

Thanks! Hadn't heard this one! What a wonderful offer. Also, we have refugees that will arrive here with our local national guard this evening. They will be staying in the armory temporarily. We'll get 'em taken care of!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Unless I am mistaken we have offered up Fort Chaffee and were turned down. A few of you might remember that this Base has a history of holding refuges.

My Bad they ARE taking us up on it

www.katv.com...

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
CNN is showing Bush in Biloxi shaking people's hands and getting plenty of photo ops. The sad heartbreaking part is that these people just burst into tears, just to see him there, just for him to pretend that he cares what has happened/is happening to him. He is holding babies and handing water to them, listening to their stories.

My point earlier was that this is all he needed to do, to show up and pretend to be a leader.

Why did it take so long for him to act?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
...some people had NO transportation. OK, so what if they walked? They had 2 days, the average person can walk approx. 4 miles/hour. Now if you can keep that up for 48 hours, that would get you 192 miles. Is that far enough to get to refuge? What if you can't keep up that pace, which is most likely, you'ld be caught out in the open with a vast storm crawling up behind you. A better scenario than hunkering down and try to wait it out?

not to mention a lot of folks trapped down there are in Hospitals and old folks homes. Its kinda hard to walk to Arkansas lugging 6 Oxygen Bottles behind you

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this. I'm watching CNN and offers of countries around the world pouring in today. Poor countries, countries hit by Tsunami, Venezuela offering fuel, etc... really something to watch as the world shows it cares despite our proud and egotistical and paranoid attitude to everyone else.

Makes me feel ashamed for how the US has behaved with its own people. I hope President Bush has the decency to feel bad as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Does any one have a link to Nagin's CNN interview? I'd love to see it

[edit on 2/9/05 by subz]

I am partially quoting and providing the link to the page that has video and transcript:

WWL: What do you need right now to get control of this situation?

NAGIN: I need reinforcements, I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. We ain't talking about -- you know, one of the briefings we had, they were talking about getting public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out here.

I'm like, "You got to be kidding me. This is a national disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans."

That's -- they're thinking small, man. And this is a major, major, major deal. And I can't emphasize it enough, man. This is crazy.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Repeat please feel free to delete.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I know it's been said a hundred times, but after 9/11, major cities should be prepared for disasters! Is this what we are to expect when the next '9/11' happens? There should be a plan in place, there should be something to help! When dirty bombs go off in Los Angeles, or Chicago, or wherever, is this what we are to expect? Please! Raise my taxes if you need the money! Do something!

I just so frustrated. I remember being in Iraq complaining about no hot food, but at least I had food! I just never could imagine, after 9/11 (I went to school at BMCC!) that my country could fail it's citizens so greatly. Please! I want the jack-boot thugs! Just restore some food and order!

We'll overthrow the jack-boots later!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've been reading about not just Cheney on vacation but others from the Bush camp. I am not saying they don't deserve their holidays - but this is a crisis people, they should go on holiday when it is over. It isn't like they are lacking days or anything.

President Bush didn't return from his vacation until Wednesday and several other top officials remain on summer breaks. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice had been vacationing in New York City but returned to Washington on Thursday. Meanwhile Vice President Dick Cheney has been in Wyoming and White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card has been in Maine.

www.democracynow.org.../09/02/1418255

Vice President Cheney, who has spent part of August at his home outside scenic Jackson, Wyo., remains there today -- although his spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, doesn't call it vacation.

"He's working from Wyoming today," McBride told me this morning.

So what is his day like in Jackson? Any fly-fishing on the Snake River during his work day?

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Bush has gotten everything he's asked for from the American public, and Republican Congress.

Bush has gotten Homeland Security, Patriot Act, War in Iraq,....everything....

G. W.'s policies and the Republican agenda is pompously bankrupt!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is Bush isnt really in Lousiana at this moment, nor was he playing golf on September the 1st. He is actually still at the school in Florida from 9-11-01 reading "My Pet Goat".

Here, see for yourself.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Possible the absolute worst remarks given by any world leader in a time of crisis:

[snip]
I believe that the great city of New Orleans will rise again and be a greater city of New Orleans.
(APPLAUSE)
I believe the town where I used to come -- from Houston, Texas, to enjoy myself, occasionally too much...
(LAUGHTER)
... will be that very same town, that it will be a better place to come to.
[snip]

For President Bush -- after finishing his 4-day late tour of the largest natural & humanitarian disaster in the history of the USA -- to stand before all the world -- with hundreds, maybe thousands, of dead bodies still floating in the toxic cesspool that was NO, just out of the camera's eye -- looking so empty and un-leader-like, acting as if he can't wait to leave the podium to head over to the Katrina Rescue BBQ, and make off-the-cuff remarks like that just proves how much of a soul-less, silver-spoon dimwit he really is.

transcript

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Heres some video and audio links of Ray Nagin going off..

(Links all throughout the article)

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee

Reports today that President Bush is playing golf. I guess this article isn't too far fetched then.

So anyone can post a link to a picture from noone knows when and claim the president is right now playing guitar and playing golf....

Pleeease.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join