It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shows Woman Disturbing War Images on Phone: Gets Convicted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This really has to take the cake. A man in Scotland showed a woman a video of a beheading in Iraq and now he is being convicted for 'disturbing the peace'.

Subhann Younis (23) claims he and the young woman were having a conversation in a hotel lobby about the war in Iraq and he told her he had seen a distubing image of a beheading that he then downloaded to his mobile phone.

Younis alleges that the woman sounded interested, so he showed it to her - just to be going to court for it. According to this article, the magistrate is not buying his story.

What do people think about this? Here is the link.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27-8-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sounds like a "hit" on the girl went really wrong. If thats how this guy pulls his women, then God help the youth of today.

The video i think he has is the one of Ken Biggley. I have seen this video in my local pub via someone else's phone. To be honest, i think that having things like that on your phone, is sick. Why would anyone one want that kind of thing?

Maybe i grew up in the wrong generation, and this what the generation of today thinks is cool.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
While I myself would agree that this is not a successful pull tactic but most horror films function on the premise that 'fear' equals sexualit, as it triggers some very powerful hormones through our bodies that can act as aphrodiasiacs.

As anyone who has ever taken a date to a scary movie knows.

I'm sure she thought it was funny and maybe a little 'naughty' but the horrific reality of it probably sobered her up from perverted curiosity straight into outright shock.

I don't know why today's youth would download a beheading onto their phones, but I've seen or heard about other sick things on people's phones like a cat being mauled by a dog and another one going around with a teen being hit by a car.

We humans can be sick little puppies sometimes.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
I don't know why today's youth would download a beheading onto their phones, but I've seen or heard about other sick things on people's phones like a cat being mauled by a dog and another one going around with a teen being hit by a car.

We humans can be sick little puppies sometimes.

Ive downloaded a couple of them some time ago, felt as if I was going to comment on them and discuss that type of thing, I should see it first, Its not something I enjoyed or I would save, I got rid of it after I watched it.

A while back something brought it up when I was talking to a guy, I told him about it and he says,

(Thats cool id love to see something like that.)

Im thinking to myself this dudes a complete moron.. I told him he was a sick sob and there is nothing Cool about watching a guy die...

Some people have no clue...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have two beheadings on my computer and one on my cell phone. It just serves as a reminder to me of the savages that were up against. However, I don't go around showing them to girls, unless I want to scare them away.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I, myself, enjoy the shock value of the videos, although anymore, im kind of numb to it all. Still, I wouldnt DL it to my phone. Its one of those late night, at home alone in the dark, kind of things.

Pressing charges? That seems kind of extreme, but hey...its Scotland, so who knows?? Terrible way to pick up chicks though...

new topics

top topics

join