It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lame and Lousey Video Games!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nothing I hate more than a game that have very beautiful and colorful detailed graphics, original concept, original storyline, but totally and utterly sucks when you load it on and play it! The best part of the game would be removing it from your hard-drive.

"Nam 68'" is a good example. So is "Prison Tycoon" and most any game by ValuSoft. So is "Platoon" the latest version. "SuperPower2" doesn't even work on most systems!&!&%&! I paid like $30 for it, and the store where I bought it doesn't give refunds or exchanges on PC software!&%

Although........
If a game is getting high reviews from GMR magazine among other Gaming Magazines and very poor reviews from organizations like the APA, PTA, Fratinal Order of the Police, the FBI and even denounced by Senators and elected officials, you KNOW that game is going to be awesome!

Such as all the Grand Theft Auto series and Manhunt.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I had a recent one where I bought the Star Wars galxy Game. Bought the one with all three games in it for $30. Once I installed it I found I had to pay a monthly fee of about $15 just to play it. and $143 for a year subscription. So I was like, "Scre that!", and I went to return it, and they wouldn't take it back. It's not like it was in a regular box, it was in a DVD-like case, but they still wouldn't take it back... So nowI'm pretty much stuck with a game I can't play.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
DarkHelmet, it only says on the box that there is a monthly subscription. Its rare that a MMORPG is free.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I had a recent one where I bought the Star Wars galxy Game. Bought the one with all three games in it for $30. Once I installed it I found I had to pay a monthly fee of about $15 just to play it. and $143 for a year subscription. So I was like, "Scre that!", and I went to return it, and they wouldn't take it back. It's not like it was in a regular box, it was in a DVD-like case, but they still wouldn't take it back... So nowI'm pretty much stuck with a game I can't play.

Yeah I've heard that happen to many people often they dont properly show that on the box that it requires a payment plan to even play it, strong belief I have is if you have to subscribe for a game you shouldn't have to buy it.

Gotta say im really not big on zombie games, Im not big on shooting mindless enemies, I rather shoot something with more of a brain or tactic, so you could say im more for playing CS:S than hl2 sp

Vorta

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I found an OLD game that doesn't suck; "UFO: Enemy Unknown" (aka "X-com")

My Awesome video game idea. FREE for you designers out there..

It's a prison video game, mostlt based off "OZ" and books I have read.

Your Character you are playing as Seth. You're buddy Bill. Seth is a 26 year old college drop out. Bill is a small time con artist. Bill comes up to you with a fake government check for a large sum, all you need to do is drive him to the bank and drive him home. Except at the bank, they realize it's a fake, Bill goes into Plan B, and robs the bank. (He didn't mention he has a gun!), after two shots fired, he comes running out with a bag of cash and screams at you to drive!
- Episode 1; Drive or Die. Bill will shoot you if you stop or wreck too soon, so you have to drive until you're ran off the road by the police.
Bill gets out, he injures on police officer, kills one police officer and he himself is killed.
Jump to YOUR TRIAL. Guilty! on all charges and counts! Three counts of accessory to murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, twenty-three counts of damaging public property.
Sentence... 50 years. Eligible for parole in 30!
Cut to scence of handcuffed and bus trip to prison! Orientation and meeting your cellmate.

It's linear and non-linear movements and objectives. You must eat and work-out, have the option to get tattoos.
There is a rank structure. Prison Fish, B___H, Punk, Bully, Thug, Gorilla, Stud and The Man.

Get in fights to move out of the first three ranks, join a gang, take-up the "Trade", eventually rule over your fellow inmates.

Other characters will lie some will tell you the truth.

If a game like this was ever produced, it would HAVE to be given an AO rating.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Shellshock Vietnam, That game really
me off no end! Quite a good storyline, but gameplay? Absolute
crap!

Look throuh the sights and you look over the guy's shoulder. If I wanted to do that, I'd stand behind the guy. When I want to look through the sights, I want to see a good graphical sight picture of sights - not some stupid crosshair!

And why can't you crawl through the jungle? Why can't you go prone, stay there instead of keeping your finger on whatever key you've allocated to keep the guy down there?

Best games I ever purchased was [1] Sid Mieir 'Gettysburg'. RTS and a bugger to play but at least I beat Grant and [2] Unreal tournament - GOTY. Awesome and I still play it.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
not ranting just trying to help
for a good mmorpg - pay software- free mnthly- Guildwars you can find me on all the time
and for a console or non mmorpg good storyline "Elderscrolls III" morrowind
that one I played it throu and still love it, I want it a movie, a book what ever it's very good.

new topics

top topics

join