It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mmmm,Hmmm.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Research Indicates that the Hebrew bible,far from being an infallible historical text authored by a supremem being,is a heavily revised compilation of at least two entirely different texts........................
www.veritastruth.com...
Interesting concept,especially when it is remembered that Jesus said that the second covenant,voided out the first........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Or something to that effect.............

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't think that it's that surprising, considering the sheer amount of time that even the book of genesis covers, let alone the etire bible. If they managed to keep it as all one text, I'd be amazed.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Old Testament was written when Nebukadnecar deported Hebrews to Babylon. It was written combining Jehovah�s and Elohim�s �books� and also adding something from Babylonian mythology (For example - Myth about Noah and idea about angels).

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Agnis]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
OK, first of all, Jesus never said the NT voided out the OT.

Second of all, Jehovah is not a name of God, never was and never will be.

The Hebrew Bible has many Sumerian and Babylonian mythology.

Agnis is correct. The Hebrew Bible was mostly written during the exile to Babylonia, but the prophets were real.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Besides, except the Bible there is almost no evidence of Exodus or David�s Empire.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just recently Archeologists may have discovered the two cities the Hebrew slaves built according to the bible.

There are also many chariot wheels and weapons in the bottom of the Red Sea.

As far as David's Empire? David never had an empire. Solomon was a better king than his father and there is tons of evidence that suggested that he indeed did exist.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
To support most everything in most of the religious texts,this evidence is suppressed,religions are control mechanisms,if the truth were known religions would collapse.
If you want to find the truth,it is out there,you just have to weed through a lot of bullsh8 to find it.
It's not really about religion at all,it is about who you have been led to believe you are,what you have been led to believe you are.
Are your thoghts your own?,good place to start looking,but be honest with yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Are your thoghts your own?,good place to start looking,but be honest with yourself.

Ok, you convinced me. Next time before talking about something I will arrange archaeological expedition, spend some months digging for evidence, then accurately examine them and only then post my opinion.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Agnis]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
*hands Agnis a shovel, a map, and a compass...*

new topics

top topics

join