It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a question about Mil/Gov Facilities - Ask your friendly FSME!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As this forum's Field Subject Matter Expert I have decided to create this thread for the sole purpose of answering any questions all you guys and girls may have about this forum (Military & Government Facilities) or related to it.

Perhaps you want to pose a question directly to me, or need direct assistance in a query.

If I can be of any assistance, tap away at that keyboard.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by SimonGray]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yeah, I have a question.

When did this forum's name change from "Military and Government Facilities" to "Area 51 and other Facilities"?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Have you ever heard the phrase: "Helping Hand" in the context of a code used by u.s. military?

And are there additional meanings of the phrase?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ET,

The phrase "helping hands" is used by security forces in the US military, especially over radio channels.

It is code-speak for "I am in trouble and don't have time to explain why - send in the cavalry to my location fast".

It is used in places like airbases and weapon depots, where armed security details frequently patrol.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It is code-speak for "I am in trouble and don't have time to explain why - send in the cavalry to my location fast".

I heard someone say that "Guns Up" is used in the same manner.

Pyros, any truth to that? ever heard of "Guns Up"?

Just curious, Thanks

[edit on 11/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have never heard of that expression, but my own personal experience in these matters is certainly not comprehensive.

Armed Forces actually have their own slang, that changes over time, and I would not be surprised if it was new slang for the same event.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ok, here is one for you.

At groom lake AKA Area 51, what is the significance of the extreemly long runway? Is it an alternate landing site for the space shuttle... it measures 5.11 miles long were a normal runway is about 2.2 miles, .04 mile wide which is close to the norm of .3 miles.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Okay, it seems thing are getting off subject here, but, while we're on the subject of "military code".

what about "santa claus is real" spoken by the apollo astronauts?

[edit on 13-10-2005 by ahnikah]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Is there any proof (apart from the word of mouth ) that Area 51 exists?
Put another way is there any proof were not seeing models on google maps?
Cheers Xpert11

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrphysicsmd
At groom lake AKA Area 51, what is the significance of the extreemly long runway?

They do test flights of secret planes there and some, it is speculated, need higher than "usual" speeds to attain flight, thus a longer runway to attain speed.

Also, on maiden flights of new aircrafts, a little (or lot of) cushion room never hurts.

[edit on 10/17/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Anyone here ever heard of any "top-secret" or research-type flights being flown out of Ft. Campbell, Ky.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
While in Cloudcroft, NM, I took a dirt road off the highway and several hundred yards in, was stopped by concertina wire, security cameras, and a large gate saying the area was off limits. It was posted as being a NASA "Space Orbitral Debris Center" or something like that. . . When leaving, I noticed a rectangular metal structure by the main road, just looked like metal beams in a rectangular shape, on rollers, that had a scarf hanging on it. While driving past Alamogordo, I saw another one of those metal roller gates (scarf attached) out on the highway, right by another nondescript dirt road. I got farther up the main highway to a better vantage point and checked to see where the dirt road was leading (binoculars required). The road led to an airplane hangar (quonset hut type) far in the distance. I saw two or three of those metal gates laying unattended on White Sands Air Force base land farther up the road.

Has anyone else noticed those metal gates? Are they "signposts" to govt installations?

And who answers these questions? I don't think I've seen any "answers" yet. . .

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
ET,

The phrase "helping hands" is used by security forces in the US military, especially over radio channels.

It is used in places like airbases and weapon depots, where armed security details frequently patrol.

My military training (still active duty) has taught me a "Helping Hand" is when someone is somewhere they should not be, and someone is requesting a helping hand to secure resources from a confirmed unknown.

I witnessed a "Helping Hand" under unusual circumstances with specific details that were unknown to me. Yes, there was question as to the security of an area and the resources within an area, but the response was something irregular, as were the specific reason the "Helping Hand" situation was issued. Measures were taken that I had never seen within my immediate work area, and surrounding shops. Measures were taken that were unlike measures taken for every instance I've witnessed at the same installation for the past 6 years, including 9/11, and numerous other "helping hands".

I just wanted to know if anyone has any first hand accounts of noticing measures for the same response being entirely different, or knowing of a "helping hand" being also something different, ever.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Question, found a base in Nevada out in the middle of nowhere on google. No paved roads leading to it There are two planes parked at the end of the runway, covered hangers next to the runway. Anyone have a clue on this base. It may just be nothing.

Google link

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattlescott
Question, found a base in Nevada out in the middle of nowhere on google. No paved roads leading to it ....

Maybe Indian Springs A.B. (AKA: Creech) or near Mercury, maybe?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Still nobody who has ever heard of anything flown out of Ft. Campbell, Ky.?
Especially around the WWII Era?

Hrm...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What is about now 9 years old female alien clone in Area51?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i am currently stationed in nevada... here is the scoop and probably the answer to the question...

there are several bombing ranges in nevada that are used as training facilities for our boys flying into iraq and what not... most of them are accessed by dirt roads and what not... nothing too top secret n thier location, just what happens there...

hope this helps

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Is there any proof (apart from the word of mouth ) that Area 51 exists?
Put another way is there any proof were not seeing models on google maps?
Cheers Xpert11

Well the airspace is very clearly marked on all the aviation charts of the area, and there are many pictures taken of the buildings by people with long range telephoto lenses.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
yes area 51 exists, the US Military has aknowledged its existance, its name comes from the mapping of the area, so there is also an area 8 area- so on and so on

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join