It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reproducing Stonehenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I really dont know where to place this vid.
Ill do it here, since some ppl believe that it has something related with ETs.

CLICK ME
10 MB .wmv

It a vid from a guy who is reproducing Stonehenge in his backyard alone !
You will be really impressed to see how easily he moves those huge blocks.

I always believed that Stonehenge could not be reproduced by men, alone.
Ive seen lots fo documentaries and other tryouts to reproduce it, all were inconclusive.

Now i think twice before saying the piramids could not be made by men only.

What do you think ?

PS.
Sry if its the wrong board and if it was posted before.
(at least i didnt see it here yet)

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Interesting theory, I don't know what to think.
In a thousand years people will come across these stones and the old stonehenge won't be around and they'll think it was some sort of device to forecast weather.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
I always believed that Stonehenge could not be reproduced by men, alone.

"Men" being the keyword. Its not hard to do great constructions with enough people.

Personally I find it quite odd with the concept of us NOT having built Stonehenge or the pyramids. Look at everything else we've built through the years!!! A pyramid is NOTHING against something as simple as cities.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sure sure but I don`t think we had the buildning techonlogy at that time sir

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
this just goes to prove how easily engineering and design could have been used thousands of years ago to make all these huge buildings that ancient man built(notice i said ancient man(and woman
),not`insert alien species here`).

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yep it proves that

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The people of britain have proved time and time again that it is possible for them to have built stonehenge. With hollowed out logs, deep ditches in the ground, and simple machines + a lot of people, things like stonehenge can be done. No need to believe aliens did it.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I believe that it was (alien technology) along with the help of man.These pyramids are cut so precisly that you would be lucky if you could put a piece of paper in betweem these huge blocks weighing from 120 tons+.I would like to see any of our technology today that is known to society to lift these blocks.Bring on the worlds largest crane or whatever and we would see how far thats gets us.I would like to see a t.v. program try to recreate this with our modern day technology.This is response to our pyramids.As far as Stonehenge I don't know enough about it other than it was a calender of some type.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That's amazing. I thought it would have crushed the little rocks underneath and the wood, guess not. But was that poured concrete? His next feat should be too cut it out of solid mountain rock, and move it 200+ miles across water and mountains. Then it'll be a real stonehenge!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Actually Stonehenge was reproduced by England. The took heavy construction equipment and put the stones togather as they thought it should be.

www.100megsfree4.com...

BZ

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
cool vid Krpano

Doesnt say how the top blocks got put way up high,or how these people would carry vast quantities of 'softening' water around,let alone to waste it.

he was moving the blocks on a solid concete base,how would this work on grass/mud,i know he moved the barn but cant see what sort of base there was it was being moved on,but a more concentrated weight on a small area is more dificult.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by BZ]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
I believe that it was (alien technology) along with the help of man.These pyramids are cut so precisly that you would be lucky if you could put a piece of paper in betweem these huge blocks weighing from 120 tons+.I would like to see any of our technology today that is known to society to lift these blocks.Bring on the worlds largest crane or whatever and we would see how far thats gets us.I would like to see a t.v. program try to recreate this with our modern day technology.This is response to our pyramids.As far as Stonehenge I don't know enough about it other than it was a calender of some type.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by menguard]

I think people underestimate the intelligence and capability of ancient man. When you have a huge army of laborers almost anything could be accomplished with enough time. You also have to remember thats all they did, they didn't have cable TV, cars, the internet and computers or anything else. Building the pyramids are what they did with their time.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
You also have to remember thats all they did, they didn't have cable TV, cars, the internet and computers or anything else. Building the pyramids are what they did with their time.

Except when they where busy waging war to find more "willing" workers

But yeah, it seems as if so many compare ancient man with current standards and work ethics. Back in those days it was much simpler than this. "Do or die" I believe the term is

And if that didnt work, faith was a powerfull ally... Oh what man wont do in the name of some God.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That video is very good and I appreciate you posting it.

I think it does a great job of showing how the stones could have been moved, and even placed upright, but how the heck did they set the stone horizontially liek a bridge span across the 2 upright stone pillars

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Um, stonehenge was partially rebuilt at the end of the 19th century.

We can easily reproduce it.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
We can easily reproduce it.

With ancient methods???

So how did they get the stones on top of the pillars
THe video shows how they could have raised the pillars, and moved them around, but how did they lift them on to the top of the pillars

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Lifting beams is quite easy. Even large beams with just a small number of guys.

Absent a large capacity lifting crane...

You just lift one end at a time, just a small height that way you don't bear anywhere near the full weight of the beam. Keep switching ends + repeat until you get to the needed height. Then effect a lateral move into the socket/resting place.

Easy.

join