It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face and Pyramids of Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Anyone know of a website that has recent pictures of Mars? Mars is so close I can see it shine like a bright red star at night. I know there has to be someone trying to get pictures to prove whether or not the face and pyramids of Mars are real.....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The newest pic of the "Face" was deliberately spoofed with a high pass filter designed to eliminate large amounts of detail.

Can you say, "coverup"?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for some reason i couldnt post both pics in 1 post hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

The Face on Mars

The most famous of all extraterrestrial human-like features was first described as appearing to have eyes and nostrils by scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in 1976.

But the feature was revealed by subsequent photographs to be a rather mundane mountain whose striking facial features depend on sunlight hitting it at a certain angle.

"NASA's Viking 1 Orbiter spacecraft photographed this region in the northern latitudes of Mars on July 25, 1976 while searching for a landing site for the Viking 2 Lander. The speckled appearance of the image is due to missing data, called bit errors, caused by problems in transmission of the photographic data from Mars to Earth. Bit errors comprise part of one of the 'eyes' and 'nostrils' on the eroded rock that resembles a human face near the center of the image. Shadows in the rock formation give the illusion of a nose and mouth. Planetary geologists attribute the origin of the formation to purely natural processes. The feature is 1.5 kilometers (one mile) across, with the sun angle at approximately 20 degrees. The picture was taken from a range of 1,873 kilometers (1,162 miles)."

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't know, I'm still pretty skeptical about the face. It's just like saying, "Oh look in the sky, that cloud looks like a person, and that one there s like the Starship Enterprise!"
It's just down to how you percieve things, what would an ancient Martian Civilisaton do with a primative looking human face? Why not make it more detailed? Or just reveal your existance to whole human populace?
I suppose its just down to what you want to believe.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am interested in the Mars Pyramids and there similarity to some of Earthly based ones. The Qinghai Pyramid and the other Shaanxi Pyramids in china have are strangely similar to those on Mars surface

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I had a potato that looked exactly like Abraham Lincoln....
What of it?

That pretty much sums up my whole idea of the "face" on Mars, hehe...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
yes there are pyramids on mars as well as other planets that could have sustained life in this solar system dont be a foolish neanderthal be a wise understanding human being my anscestors were stolen from africa for it so plese dont take it for granted.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Err...uhh....hold on... Your ancestors were stolen from Africa for pyramids on other planets???

Check please!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
proving a poin through your sense less remark and disregard for the truth of truth but as another agent in this matrix it makes me wonder why you attempt to turn me into something i am not stop be in g.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here's a site for ya.

www.anomalies.net...

He even goes into a good bit of science to prove what is actually on the picture.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
all this tricknology ammuses the soul

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   

proving a poin through your sense less remark and disregard for the truth of truth but as another agent in this matrix it makes me wonder why you attempt to turn me into something i am not stop be in g

Uhmm...yeah...

You can use words like "senseless" and "foolish neanderthal" if you wish...but I will not meet you at that level...

It is neither senseless, nor foolish, to assume the mundane, before the fantastic...indeed, it is quite the opposite. I do not take offense at you believing that the Martian "pyramids" are the creations of intelligent beings, so why does my position offend you so? Perhaps you should consider that?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Richard Hoagland, the driving force behind the study of the Martian Face, City, D&M Pyramid, etcetera, also has a website which contains the recent photos of the Cydonia area... turns out the Face is reflective...

www.enterprisemission.com...

Check it out... the site has many links to photographs of Mars and the "monuments on the Moon", and some info regarding Europa.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The face isn't a face, it's a sphinx...

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Here is channeled material where they claim to know who lived on mars:

Q: (L) Was Mars ever inhabited?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) By whom?
A: By those you now know as Sasquatch or Bigfoot.
Q: (L) Do they now live on this planet as a result of being
brought here by other beings?
A: They are transitory. Do not inhabit on a permanent basis.
Q: (L) Well, how do they come and go?
A: They are the slaves and "pets" of the Lizard Beings.
Q: (L) How did the Sasquatch get here from Mars?
A: Brought by Lizard Beings but they do not inhabit earth.
Q: (L) Why have Sasquatch been seen in remote places
throughout history?
A: Put there for menial slave tasks.

transcripts at www.cassiopaea.com

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
The newest pic of the "Face" was deliberately spoofed with a high pass filter designed to eliminate large amounts of detail.

Can you say, "coverup"?

deliberatly spoofed? how do you "know" this? do you know anything about mars? the orginal picture from the 70's we just a one and a million chance of seeing it. wind storms would have changed the face in hours. i think that somebody has wathed "Mission To Mars" alittle to much.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The face on mars could be a cherib monument, half man/half Lion. The bible makes references to these types of monuments. Check this web site out.

www.mt.net...

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Man, they took thousands and thousands of pictures of mars. Eventually, you are bound to find something that looks familiar to your eyes.

I really don't think the 'face' is anything significant. They have taken so many pictures of it in different light like the one posted above.

$0.02

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
as i have said before you can do anything with photoshop

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Was there photoshop when Viking circled Mars?

If the Face was alone, then yes, a trick of light. But it isn't!

Look at the giant pyramids... inside the structre are 4 smaller mounds (forming the points of a square). Inside that square is a dip. You can draw a straight line from the dip right through the mouth of the Face.

Now take the SE pyramid. Draw a straight line from its SE corner... you'll come across the D&M pyramid, a 5 sided structure resembling Di Vinci's "Man in a Circle"; the line you drew connects to the left arm. Draw a straight line rmitting from the head of this 5-sided pyramid... in perfectly bisects the Face in half.

You now have a right angle triangle.

Go back to the "City" (Pyramids). Just to the NE of this is probably the most interesting feature which doesn't get nearly enough press; "The Fort". Three sided, hollow (it seems more like a triangular wall). The bottom left corner appears to have the image of a nose or spaceship (1950's design). This has been speculated to have been the living area (more details on this below). The corner on the bottom right, however, points to the Face!

Now go to the Face again. Draw a straight line from the mouth to the right, and you;ll come across a crater. On that crater, at about the 1:00 position is a cone pyramid built ontop the crater debris. On the crater side facing the Face is a cliff like obtrusion, built again ontop the crater debris. Analysis shows that, viewed from the City center (the dip), if the "cliff" was not there, then the crater rim would be in view.

And yes, there have been other features found on Mars; it's just that the Face is the most famous, and the surrounding structures add more to the picture of that area (when viewed as a whole).

*I've read Richard Hoagland's book "Monuments of Mars" quite a few times*

as posted earlier, go here for more information:

enterprisemission.com...

These are the people who brought the Face to light, and have discovered the other key structures in the Cydonia landscape.

<<   2 >>

join