It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China J-10B Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Sinodefence a amateur "chinese site"?

Just ran across this, as well, explaining Chinese designations:

J10B--- 歼10B--- 26dec03 (prod) Two-seat development of J10.

Under More Info: Aircraft Types

seekerof

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
well Seekerof, find me a site which tells a chinese fighter and the trainer it was develop on something like the J-10B situation.

If this two seat trainer is called the J-10B then whats the J-10A?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Sinodefence a amateur "chinese site"?

yes i would call it that.

its his hobbie and not his profession

heres his profile from the sinodefence forum

p098.ezboard.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

that one - well according to google it is

and

Thats the best picture of the J-10B that i can find

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
If this two seat trainer is called the J-10B then whats the J-10A?

That I am not sure of, chinawhite.
I am simply basing it off the Chinese given in the Scramble link above on Chinese type designations after 1949.

J10A--- 歼10A--- 28jun02 (prod) Production version of J10, 300 planned, starting with first batch of 50.

J10B--- 歼10B--- 26dec03 (prod) Two-seat development of J10.

www.scramble.nl...
Got to above link, look to the left of page, locate More Info, and select Aircraft types to get to the Chinese type designations after 1949 page.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Chinese is a language with no alphabets, its a language of tens of thousands of different characters called "Zi" basically like the word "people" is a Zi, everything is a Zi or a combanation of two and sometimes three or four, "Fighter plane" is a combanation of three Zi, "Zhan Dou Ji (ATS doesn't display Chinese I believe, Zhan Dou Ji is just Pin Yin, which uses western letters to write what the Zi sounds like)". Its a rough explanation, if you want to know more, search on the internet. Chinese is by far the most beautiful language in the world, anyone with some indepth knowledge knows, four Zi can explain a story, the evolution of Chinese through out the last few thousand years really made Chinese such a beautiful language, Song Ci............. Shakespeare can't be compared, he writes crap and can't get to the point, his plays aren't even literature....................... Any foreigners learning Chinese here?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Lol I never realise the language i speak half of the time is beautiful. According to wat i noe they call fighter jets as "jian ji ji", which sounds more crude to me. That's why they got a J in front of the fighter designations. Anyway i think developing a twin engine version of J-10 now is a complete waste of money since they already got Su-27 and they can get more, but again they need to test their stolen techs

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
And here I was thinkng that post was an intelligent explanation until I hit this literary pot hole;

Shakespeare can't be compared, he writes crap and can't get to the point, his plays aren't even literature.......................

Oh dear, an entire post wasted because of one silly comment

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
pot hole indeed.. Takes one to know one.. Shakespeare is incomprehensible to those who do not have a taste for that kind of drama or those who simply get lost in the english..

Nobody ever compared that Jh-7a to the fighter bombers of the day..

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Not sure I understand what you're saying there with 'takes one to know one'

Surely being unable to understand something, or it not being to your taste, as you put it, is a far different thing to being 'crap'? Otherwise to 99% of Westerners the Chinese language itself would be dismissed as crap?

Not that I'm a fan of Shakespeare (except the movie of Henry V). It just struck me as a very silly thing to say in the midst of an otherwise informative post.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
seekerof the problem im having accepting the this two seat J-10 is called the J-10B is because the J in J-10 means fighter.

but the "J-10B" is a trainer so it should be called JJ-Jianjiji Jiaolianji (Fighter Trainer) or JL or K-Primary Trainer

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Harlequin]

Harlequin that picture has been PS.

here is what the real one looks like
www.aeronautics.ru...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
These been photoshopped also, chinawhite?
J-10B, 01 Prototype

Yeah, your right, 'J' means 'Jianjiji' or Fighter.
Interesting that this is again mentioned, as with the Scramble site and their Chinese designation mention:

J-10--- Chengdu--- Multi-role fighter; versions include J-10A (single-seater) and J-10B (two-seater)

Chinese Military Aircraft Designations

And from a Chinese military aviation site and has this been photoshopped too?

The descending 01 prototype of J-10B advanced trainer was approaching the runway with all landing gears lowered. This version features a stretched forward fuselage and a bubble canopy which can be opened as a single piece. An excellent 360° outside view in the rear cockpit is clearly shown in the photo. Its dorsal spine appears to have been enlarged to accommodate electronics displaced by the rear cockpit. In addition to being a trainer for J-10A pilots, J-10B is likely to be converted into an attack aircraft or EW/Wild Weasel anti-radiation aircraft. First Flight of 01 prototype took place on December 26, 2003. So far two prototypes (01/1021 & 03/1023) have been built and are undergoing various flight tests.

mil.jschina.com.cn...

seekerof

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i just used MS paint to flip the picture around.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

chinawhite, the aircraft serial numbers on your photo and the one you claimed is photoshopped are two different sets, thus making the claim that the picture provided by Harlequin being photoshopped as incorrect?

His photo shows the aircraft serial numbers as: 1106 and 1108 or 1109.
The picture you claim it was photoshopped from shows aircraft serial numbers of: 1016 and 1015.

Hmm, what do you think?
Look at them closely....

seekerof

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
what does it matter if they have different serial numbers.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

And from a Chinese military aviation site and has this been photoshopped too?

yes that picture is PSed. someone posted the same picture but from a different angle. i forgot his name

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
it seems all these pictures serials have been changed

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
heres something

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

So what your trying to tell me is that:
1) that there is no correct, legit photo of the J-10B, anywhere? Which photos are legit and which are not?

2) that the J-10B is not a legit aircraft, despite valid sources indicating that two prototypes have been built and flown...and that its appearance is quite different from the concept artwork piece provided by emile?

seekerof

<< 1    3 >>

join