It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What plane is this...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi I was just surfin on the internet when I found pictures of this plane, can you tell me if it's fake or real...

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well how did you find them?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I was on altavista and used the searchword "top-secret planes"...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The first plane and the third one are definitely two different things, look at the size. And somehow the scale in the third pic doesn't feel right. plus the compositing doesn't feel right either. I think its a mick-up of what "could be". Presumably pic one is of the single-seat protoype.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Good point... But I found the picttures on the same site, I must ahe mixed up with something...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
the first pic doesn't seem to have a visible cockpit and it has some funny air duct
thinga-ma-jingy which I initially thought to be an intake..

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
yeah, true...
It would be quite hard to fly a plane like that... it's so small... (first picture) its amybe a UAV...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Should you add an link? The first looks like mock-up, another are drawings. When analysing the shape and places, where the plane is located, it seems, that it is promotion for some new form of VTOL or STOL technologies. (it is only my speculation)

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Ok, good idea... I'am trying to find the link again and then I'll post it here...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The images were from this site

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The first picture has the Trade Towers in it so its not that new, although the 2nd and 3rd artist rendering kinda have an aged feel to them. The first one looks to be a mockup, and actually has the USAF badge on it.

hmmmm...i'm not sure, i've never seen it before. To bad pretty much all the pics are from the same angle.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think I recall seeing something about this and it has to do to with the proposed "air-bus/air taxi" concept of cheap local air transit.

I dont remember off hand who was pitching the idea but I know its out there and the concept is to use a high power compact ducted fan power source that is to offer low forward speed but high lift capability.

Kind of like driving in the air.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That could be possible, the shape would match perfectly...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wonder what those ducts are for...since you can see right threw em its obliviously not a air intake for an engine.

Heres the closes thing I could find, I dont think there the same, but there looks are close.

Skyblazer

This thing is pretty cool, it drives like a normal car, then once you get to an empty road by the flick of a switch the wings and large canards fome out, and it takes to the air. Although its sticts with the tradition...It its can do both (drive & fly) it cant look good while doing it.
It looks not bad in flight, but on the ground I believe the correct word is.....ugly.

There site has some more pictures of it, and a good interesting 6 in a half minute video of it in action, well...a rendering of it anyway.
Skyblazer Flying Car

Heres Nasa's version of an air-taxi.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for those pictures...
The closest thing we might come to is taht it's a taxi...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
yeah, a taxi for the nasaguys, now you know what to take when you are too late for the shuttle launch

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yeah, but will they actually work, I mean, planes take quite much space...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Robertfenix is dead on, indeed a concept for affordable urban VTOL aircraft.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Are you sure about this or is this just your theory...?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Second and third just scream "Photoshop".

First pic is very interesting, if you look closely you can see an outline of a cockpit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join