It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is the most fit President in history.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

BUSH EXERCISES 6X A WEEK; 'MOST-FIT' PRESIDENT IN HISTORY

President Bush turned 59 years old this month and his health is in the "superior" fitness category for men his age -- greater than 99% percentile for 55-59 year-old men!

The latest health results make Bush the "most-fit" president in modern history.

He has not had a sick day in the past year -- and he works out 6 days a week: Workouts include bicycling (15-20 miles, 15-18mph), treadmill (low impact "hill-work"), elliptical trainer, free weight resistance training, and stretching.

The President takes a daily multi-vitamin, low-dose aspirin, glucosamine/chondroitin, and an omega 3 supplement.

Bush Weight: 191 pounds(last year 199)

Body Composition: Body fat 15.79% (last year 18.25%; normal for age 16.5-20.5%)

Resting heart rate (seated): 47 bpm

Resting blood pressure (seated): 110/64

Uncompensated (uncorrected) distant visual acuity was 20/20 in both eyes. Corrected near visual acuity was 20/20 in both eyes (the President uses reading glasses as needed).

Bush does suffer from gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), with well-defined triggers (e.g. coffee, peppermint).

news.yahoo.com...

thats pretty good. even Presidents have to work out instead of sitting there on their lazy butts. too bad not all Americans want to go workout. we have a crisis on our hands where many of our children are obese and we definitely need to be concern, i remember somewhere in a report where Americans are the largest people in the world.
. in anicase Bush pretty much is healthy and fit for duty.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
....what you can do when you don't worry about your job performance. An hour of bike a day, followed by cross training and a nap.....and done by 5 pm

Too bad it doesn't translate into mental alacrity

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
that's great if world politics was settled in an Olympic or sports event.

I would have thought the War on Terror and all the issues faced by this administration would have been more stressful on him, hell, I've been more stressed in the last 4 years since he took office.

but I'm glad he's fit and was able to fight the effects that hard drugs have on the human body.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Dude that's very healthy, although personally I think his resting heart rate and BP should be higher - too low isn't good at all, especially for and older person who is in a high stress job.

You've gotta stay healthy in order to be President. He may go a little overboard, but we can cut him that slack - it is very important.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hum . . . he most be keep well preserve in alcohol from his drinking years.

But as anything I take this information with very much skepticism.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The scene captured for posterity and used in Michael Moore's (peace be upon him
) Fahrenheit 911 is a classic.

At one point, caught on the golf course, Bush addresses the camera directly, “I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you.” Without missing a beat, he slips out a golf club and says, “Now watch this drive.” Even if this is Dubya’s idea of a joke, such insincerity chills the blood.

www.commonground.ca...

Congratulations George W Bush for dealing with your addictions and being the "fittest" "president", and for spending less days on the job than any POTUS in history.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread, I said, "Oh great, let the Bush bashing begin".

If there was a headline saying "Bush walks on water", you could bet that the liberal response would be "Bush can't swim".

Being President of the United States is the most stressful and important job there is. Getting in shape should be a goal for all Americans, and I am glad that we have a President that is setting a good example.

I could slam Clinton and the examples he set, but I am not going to do that.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As some of the long timers know, I'm a fitness/martial arts advocate. I work about a 60 hour week & train every day M to F, weekends if I miss one during the week.
So in speaking about Bush's health, I applaude him for maintaining the regime - it takes a complete perspective re-working to champion the benefits of the rigors/time to stay in shape, after 35.
But Carsalesman, you gotta understand that the job performance/attendance/work ethic are there & bare for all to see - only his rabid supporters ensconched in deep denial legitimize a P/T effort to such an important fulll time job. Let's see him burning the midnight oil & actually being in the Oval office most of the year like Clinton did, and then maybe his dedication to the distraction of overkill fitness will be balanced out by his work effort.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
@ Bout Time

Do you realize that even though a President is on "vacation" he is still on the job?

Yes, Clinton did spend alot of time in the Oval Office. I wonder why? In Clinton's 8 years he did nothing except put his finger in the wind and check the last polls.

I wouldn't leave the Oval Office much either if I was receiving Blo..... never mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Too bad you Clinton jock sniffers don't get that demon deed done to you every now & then......maybe you'd stop the sillyness of trying to define the hardest working & most productive president of our era with it.

Commander in Chief + Recession + Afgan War + Iraqi Invasion + SouthEast Asia military actions + South American military action + Forces massing in the Korean Penisula + Nuke build ups in India/Pakistan/North Korea/Iran + Record unemployment + Record #'s of people below the poverty line + Record National Debt + $Billion unaccounted for in Iraq + Zero bio-terror preparedness = 3 hour lunch workouts/nap sessions where he doesn't even know about planes buzzing DC & quits at 5 PM & in bed by 10 PM & Ranch/Camp David/Kennebunkport days are even MORE relaxed?

Come on now kid, ya really think he's doing ANYTHING while falling off of bikes & Segways!!!????!?!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Commander in Chief = yes he was elected to that position TWICE!

Recession = Yes there was a recession that started towards the end of the Clinton administration and was made worse by 9/11 and was made better by the Bush tax cuts.

Afghan war = No problem with that.

Iraqi Invasion = Had to be done.

SE Asia military actions + South American military action = Tea in China costs how much?

Forces massing in the Korean Peninsula + Nuke build ups in India/Pakistan/North Korea /Iran = I'm sure you would applaud Bush if he took military action here.

Record unemployment = That is a lie. Unemployment is now at 5.1%

Record # of people below the poverty line = Stop having babies if you can't support them. How is this Bush's fault?

Record National Debt = It's all relative, notice that since the tax cut deficits are smaller than projected.

Blah, I hate Bush, blah, blah, blah, he is so stupid, blah, blah, blah, I can't believe he beat my liberal butt in 2 elections, blah, blah, blah, I work out 6 days a week, but I'm critisizing the President for the same thing, blah, blah, blah.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I like you Caresalesman!

Rare is the case where a tenuous grasp of facts is so regularly & loquaciously offered up with total disregard for appearing clueless !

Cool, gloss over that wars, a recession that officially started in March of 2001, unemployment to record highs in dramatic reversal from near record lows and unbridled nuke build up is all happening because of and during Bush's watch. Hell, skip over that fact that I'm working twice as long as the "president" despite my regime too......it's all good!

You big stinky fat head....you got cooties!!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Bush signed an Energy Bill today, wait... how could that be? I thought he was on vacation?

BTW, this Energy Bill was worthless. No ANWR, no more drilling, no new refineries. What did we get? More subsidies for corn farmers and ethanol, more daylight savings time...what a waste.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

[Bush pretty much is healthy and fit for duty.

Too bad he didn't put that fitness to work in Vietnam, where he was really needed.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Iraqi Invasion = Had to be done.

Please explain to us why this had to be done.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hum . . . he most be keep well preserve in alcohol from his drinking years.

But as anything I take this information with very much skepticism.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by marg6043]

You are skeptical of everything that is NOT liberal, you mean!

As far as alcohol consumption, my father had 10 brothers and sisters. All but one had open-heart surgery due to blockage. The one who didn't was a drunk. His arteries are clear as glass!
Drink up!!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
BT, your mindless liberal drivel is so predictable nowadays as compared to the days when it was well thought. On the other hand, your humor level has greatless increased, you ol' poo-poo head! That Segway pic is absolutely priceless! Someone should photo-shop a bag of pretzels into the pic, though!

He has to be in good shape, as it's tough work to give away the country as he's doing!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Based on a book I read (Bush on the Couch) I'd have to agree that Bush suffers from ADHD. I think since he no longer drinks he has replaced that activity with exercise ('cos he's fidgety). That's not necessarily a bad thing. Just a thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Ugh, typical. Even when a thread has nothing to do about Bushes job performance (Even though I think it's been great), liberals have to jump in and insult him anyways...

Back to the thread - I think that's awesome that he's fit and everything. I already knew it, though, they mentioned it on the news or something before. I work out and exercise quite a bit too, and he's in good shape... Although lately I've had a run of bad luck and have been putting on the pounds
. Vacation, hurt shoulder from benching, vacation, sick... People who work out probably know how that goes
. Anyway,
to Bush for that...

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Lets just say that if I took as much vacation time as he did I'd be pretty fit too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join