It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A part of the brain containing ancient data?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ok a thought just occured to me while reading about the Dropa Stones.

Thats not really the main point, more the fact that there was supposedly some kind of advanced civilization thousands of years ago.

Here is a very good site from about.com showing a list of uncovered artifacts that are completely out of place with "public common knowledge" of the timeline

the 10 most puzzling ancient artifacts

So scientists have more recently debunked the myths that we only use , 10, 20, 35% of our brains. We now realise that mainly we only use this amount AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

My question, in two parts, is for anyone knowledgable on the human brain, or anyone who knows where to get the information.

a) Is there any part of the human brain that lies dormant - aka a section that is never "on" from the moment we are concieved to the point of death.

and b) could some kind of information be stored genetically in that section of the brain, or perhaps that is meant to be extracted once we get to such an advanced stage that we're able to extract the data?

Perhaps by electrically stimulating this dormant section of our brains, we will recieve images and perhaps "video" so to speak suddenly projected inside our heads.....

Also on that note, it is stated, on numerous occasions, accounts of major out of place artifacts or ancient texts related to modern day sciences, bieng uncovered, but then immediately siezed by goverment. What possible reason would they have to cover up the truths of our "real" ancestors???

Could the vatican be forcing the cover up our true origins in order to stay in power???

Do the powers that be consider it just too great a risk to reveal this information???

Will Nibiru come in 2013???

And what of the human hand print and fossilized finger dating back past the age of the dinosaurs???

Just what is going on???

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Here is a very good site from about.com showing a list of uncovered artifacts that are completely out of place with "public common knowledge" of the timeline

the 10 most puzzling ancient artifacts

The author isn't up on her artifacts. The Ica stones have been debunked and the villagers who were producing them have come forward.

The Cosco artifact is simply an eroded spark plug inside an accretion (these form quickly in caves. Anyone who tours caves can tell you the flowstone forms within years.)

The "gold airplane" most certainly isn't. I've seen 'em. Handprint isn't, either.

There ARE some real oddities in the archaeological world and some unexplained stuff, but since they don't point to aliens or temple-roof riding heroes or other things that capture the popular imagination, no one makes much of a deal over them.

a) Is there any part of the human brain that lies dormant - aka a section that is never "on" from the moment we are concieved to the point of death.

As far as we know, no.

and b) could some kind of information be stored genetically in that section of the brain, or perhaps that is meant to be extracted once we get to such an advanced stage that we're able to extract the data?

No. Information appears to be a function of life.

Also on that note, it is stated, on numerous occasions, accounts of major out of place artifacts or ancient texts related to modern day sciences, bieng uncovered, but then immediately siezed by goverment. What possible reason would they have to cover up the truths of our "real" ancestors???

If this had happened, you would be hearing about it and we in the science field would be aware of these attempts to silence us. We're very aware of things like the Bush government rewriting our research to say what THEY want, and you can find discussions about this on any science site and frustrated letters and news reports about it.

When the Russian government censored (and sent to gulags) scientists for making "non-Communist" discoveries, we all knew about it. We know about attempts to kill scientists in Iraq.

Could the vatican be forcing the cover up our true origins in order to stay in power???

No, but the anti-Catholics would like you to believe this.

Do the powers that be consider it just too great a risk to reveal this information???

And when has this ever stopped scientists?

Will Nibiru come in 2013???

No. It didn't come in 2003, nor is it ever going to come. The effort around it is kind of like ol' Prophet Yahweh, praying and pointing at the sky for UFOs. Ain't gonna happen.

And what of the human hand print and fossilized finger dating back past the age of the dinosaurs???

Scientists who have looked at it say it's a dino track. It's not unique, and there are other tracks just like it. Humans don't go wandering around, walking on their hands, taking 6 foot long steps.

The 'finger' is a fossilized snail... it's not exogyra but it is a similar species.

Just what is going on???

A lot of folks who are disinclined to believe the people who have spent half a lifetime gaining expertise in the fields.

It's a lot more exciting to believe a badly constructed fantasy.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
byrd im going to have to dissagree with a few of your comments which is odd as i generally agree with you. First i noticed you didnt comment on all ten of those objects im assuming you are agreeing that the ones you didnt comment on are still unexplained, am i correct in my thinking.

No. Information appears to be a function of life.

This may be the case however if not it could explain many peoples beleif in past lives, personally im dont think i believe in reincarnation however i have had memories that would be imposible to be my own. For example i went to edinbough when i was 15 and we stayed in a bed and breakfast that at one point in time would have been the servants quarters. While we where there i kept making the comment that i had been there before , everything felt to familiar and i knew where things where as soon as i got there. ( even things no one had told me ) While i was there i saw images flash in my mind of another time , i got this feeling or these flashes in several places through out scotland but i got them the most at this servant house. Five years later when my father went to trace the family tree oddly enough one of my great great great grand parents lived in that very house as a servant for two years. Most if not all of the places i went to in scotland that i got the flashes or the feeling of deja vu where places that my long since dead ancestors has resided. It made me wonder if it is possible that memories much like behavior, physical charasistics, and illnesses might not be the only thing passed along the genetic lines. I cant prove it but it does make one wonder, if things like alcholism can be heredatary i can see it concievable that memory might be hidden deep in a genetic marker. Before anyone says anything about genetics vs enviroment on the alcholism thing i have a prime example of genetics versus enviroment. My adopted sister but thats another thread.

No, but the anti-Catholics would like you to believe this.

Im a far cry from anti catholic however i do aggree that the catholic church has censored much of history for thier own profit or power. The dead sea scrolls are a prime exaple , some historians will argue that they are the closest to the writings of jesus himself others may disagree. However within the scrolls ( which could be taken different ways im sure ) there is mention of no need for a church , that god is all around you in everything you touch, see, or smell . Now if this mentality where to spread just think of the damage it would do to the chucrch , so automaticaly the church debunks or riddicules this and i beleive they have still not acknoleged the scrolls.

And when has this ever stopped scientists?

In just 1/10th of this site you can find claims its been going on for years in everything from aids to aliens ( not sure how many of these claims i beleive but its an every day thing for someone to claim it here) I mean there is a forum labeled new world order here.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
wow thanks for your input.....

you know its not really that of a far fetched idea that we come from an extra-terrestrial location. we are already theorising ways we could colonate / terraform mars or other planets. what would have stopped ancient "man" from doing it?

perhaps, ancient-advanced humankind terraformed what is now earth, and as an experiment placed lesser evolved species from their planet on earth to study.

What would be the point? purely for study? we spend trillions of dollars on space flights etc, a lot of the time produce little results (yes sometimes a lot) purely for our need to know, explore, for our curiosity.

What to stop a race WITH the capabilities doing this?

Perhaps they knew that without guidance and tuition we would simply turn feral, so maybe A-A man posed as the gods we know today........And maybe there was a reason to nuke the ancient indian city......

everything COULD fit perfectly into a sound theory

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
byrd im going to have to dissagree with a few of your comments which is odd as i generally agree with you. First i noticed you didnt comment on all ten of those objects im assuming you are agreeing that the ones you didnt comment on are still unexplained, am i correct in my thinking.

Indeed you are! There are some things like the Baghdad battery that are unexplained (though there are some examples of electroplating from that era. The Dropa stones have a natural explaination but I was in a hurry. Ditto the Costa Rican stones (I think they were in there)... I've actually seen those things.
e
What folks don't seem to understand is that archaeologists and anthropologists and paleontologists (and other scientists) freely admit there are unexplained things around -- and things that we might not ever be able to figure out (there's a written language of the ancients that nobody has been able to crack because there's only two known artifacts with this writing.

What we do NOT agree with is that they were put there by Unbelievably Advanced Civilizations that left no other traces, by aliens, by intelligent dinosaurs, or even by invisible pink unicorns. We think there's some technology that a local was practicing and that better tools could tell us more.

This may be the case however if not it could explain many peoples beleif in past lives,

I have them, too... but to date the ones published have either been just outright imagination or hoaxes (Bridie Murphy turned out to be one.) Now... that's the published stuff. I've read some accounts that I find fairly believable. But I haven't seen much well-researched data, and I haven't seen indications that we remember past lives of our ancestors.

I cant prove it but it does make one wonder, if things like alcholism can be heredatary i can see it concievable that memory might be hidden deep in a genetic marker.

There is a tendency toward alcoholism, yes, but it's not an absolute. Within families, there is no tendency to suddenly come up with memories of prevoius generations.

Im a far cry from anti catholic however i do aggree that the catholic church has censored much of history for thier own profit or power. The dead sea scrolls are a prime exaple , some historians will argue that they are the closest to the writings of jesus himself others may disagree.

Uhm... could you explain? The Vatican never had their hand on them. They were discovered within the past 50 years and flocks of scholars have been translating them.

To date they're not accepted as Biblical by anyone.

In just 1/10th of this site you can find claims its been going on for years in everything from aids to aliens ( not sure how many of these claims i beleive but its an every day thing for someone to claim it here) I mean there is a forum labeled new world order here.

There's a lot of claims. Mostly these are by people who claim and who don't work in the sciences or engineering or know much about them. It's kind of like me claiming things about construction workers or union members (niether of which I know a thing about!)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not sure if this adds anything to the debate or not but what about the so called sixth sence that we humans all have to a lower or higher degree?.

It is well recorded that in the animal world a lot of things are inborn and many people believe that we humans also have this ability but have forgotten how to use it. People who have this ability we call seers/psychics etc.

We all have a genetic link which can be traced way back when and I believe it is entirely credible that sooner or later some clever person will unlock a similar link with our memories.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This question opens up concepts which blossom into the biggest questions imaginable. It is obvious that all creatures including humans have some degree of instinctual behavior inherent within the representative species. Birds sing, beavers build damns, humans speak, bees and ants work as a collective, a bear hunts alone, the examples are endless. But to date there is no proof whatsoever that these instinctual behavoirs have any basis in genetics, there has never been any gene isolated for a behavoir.

Furthermore it is apparent that some learned behavoirs of species can become instinctual (the so called hundredth monkey syndrome), so we see that the human instinct to communicate through verbalisation is something which we have evolved over time to the point that it is totally ubiquitous to our species so even isolated groups of individuals will develop some rudimentary language.

In some primal way we are indeed living in the presence of the past. The metphysicist refers to this as our akashic records, the memory of our past that reaches through all of us back to the first, and further back through our ancesters to the dawn of life itself.

www.themystica.com...

It took pure science however to take this whole concept to its' logical conclusion, Biologist Dr Rupert Sheldrake covers this subliminal knowledge of the past in his 'law of formative causation', meaning that the first time something occurs it takes a long time, and in subsequent events will take shorter and shorter time until it will become commonplace nei instinctual.

Sheldrake postulates that fields of information called holons are associated with creatures within a species which in turn form the holon of information pertaining to that species, which in turn forms the holon of the respective phylum.

But why limit the scope of the concept to creatures or indeed living things...

"I believe, but cannot prove, that memory is inherent in nature. Most of the so-called laws of nature are more like habits.

There is no need to suppose that all the laws of nature sprang into being fully formed at the moment of the Big Bang, like a kind of cosmic Napoleonic code, or that they exist in a metaphysical realm beyond time and space."

Rupert Seldrake www.edge.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ok a thought just occured to me while reading about the Dropa Stones.

Thats not really the main point, more the fact that there was supposedly some kind of advanced civilization thousands of years ago.

Great thread... I agree... its there and we are just realizing this now..... but these damn governors the Anunnaki put in our pineal glad make them hard to access...

(mod edit , please don't quote whole posts)

[edit on 3-9-2005 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think that some people might have access, some might have partial access, and some might have random leaks of information. Others, might never access the stored information in your brain.

Ive known answers to questions that I shouldn't know because ive never been asked that question before or ive never heard of the answer.

Recently...my social studies teacher gave a random geographic oral quiz..He gave the definition of a fjord and since he was sure noone knew it...gave us a few minutes to think of an answer. Just sitting and thinking the word fjord jumped into my head and he was extremly surprised when he heard me mumble it repetativly.

Im part Danish and Denmark is located along the fjord of Scandanavia. So i just attributed the fact that i knew it to that...Even with that..i thought it quite wierd that the answer suddenly jumped in my head..leak of information? maybe.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The antikythera mechanism is one of the most intriguing artifacts ive seen from the ancient world. I dont think people realise that there was not a similiar machine untill the 1800's when charles babbage created a similiar mechanism. I mean think about it a mechanical computer that is 2000 years old or more.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hey all....

Wanted to add this for what it's worth. It seems to me that no one has actually seen a Dropa Stone. If you were to go to 100 websites about the Stones, they all says the same thing... Kind of Xeroxes of one another, but I've never met anyone who has looked at them or seen them "Up close and personal".

I hope I'm wrong in this. I would reeeeaaallllllyyyy like some of the more far out things to be true. However, it seems that many of the more unbelievable things that I would like to be that way, are in fact, becoming non-facts.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by noiro
I think that some people might have access...
Ive known answers to questions that I shouldn't know because ive never been asked that question before...

Great reply.... this happens to me often also... or something may go through your head like lets say...starbucks, a second later your girlfriend or buddy says: " Hey, lets go to starbucks."
I find this happens most when your focused on something already (doing something physical, on the computer, etc) and your body is in automode.... then another part seems to be able to listen.... this happen to anybody else?

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Enkis_my_hero]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkis_my_hero

Originally posted by noiro
I think that some people might have access...
Ive known answers to questions that I shouldn't know because ive never been asked that question before...

something may go through your head like lets say...starbucks, a second later your girlfriend or buddy says: " Hey, lets go to starbucks."
I find this happens most when your focused on something already (doing something physical, on the computer, etc) and your body is in automode.... then another part seems to be able to listen.... this happen to anybody else?
[edit on 4-9-2005 by Enkis_my_hero]

Thanks
and ya that happens to me ALL the time, like..when im talkign with people or doing something somethign will jump in my head and right before i say it someone else does....actually...its been happening ALOT lately. And usually its something random that i wouldnt really think of normally.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

This question opens up concepts which blossom into the biggest questions imaginable. It is obvious that all creatures including humans have some degree of instinctual behavior inherent within the representative species. Birds sing, beavers build damns, humans speak, bees and ants work as a collective, a bear hunts alone, the examples are endless.

And humans have a unique thirst for knowledge, a need to know. But know what? Know everything? Why? Whats the point? Why must we spend our lives searching for the answers that no one asked? Because we want to, and we can

But to date there is no proof whatsoever that these instinctual behavoirs have any basis in genetics, there has never been any gene isolated for a behavoir.

Although there hasnt been proof, as we dont yet fully understand it, instinctive behaviour must be stored somewhere. After all it cannot be created from nowhere, so genetically is the most obvious. Genes could form complex pathways in our mind which could make us want to do certain things.

After all, when someone does something or says something, it makes a "groove" in your brain. Every time you do this same thing, that groove is made deeper. (which is why people who swear for example, the more they do it, the harder it is to stop swearing). Perhaps when it is done so many times, your body creates an entirely new set of pathways, ones that will be passed on through reproduction.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think that there was an advanced civilization before but i ment advanced as like the Celts were back 2000 years ago. Perhaps the neanderthals did gave rise to a small civilization which is possible because they had 13% larger brains than we have but that they have a small cataclysm before they could spread.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Fourteen unexplainable ancient mysteries declared are as follows:

-A number of unusually small ancient Chinese porcelain "seals" discovered all over Ireland in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, a time when there was no known commerce between the Emerald Isle and China.

-Mysterious life-sized crystal skulls dated to at least 3,600 years ago found in South America. According to the staff of the British Museum Laboratory, the skulls give indications of being made with some sort of powered cutter.

-Numerous giant stone balls found in Costa Rica in the 1930's were from granite not found in the area and their symmetry was so perfect as to defy explanation of who made them or how.

-Throughout England, France, and Germany today stand many ancient stone forts- there are at least sixty in Scotland alone, built with large rocks which at some point were "vitrified," melted from such heat as to become fused and glassy. The heat necessary to procuce such an effect- up to 1,100 degrees Celsuis- ruled out the possibility that the stones were melted by conventional fires.

-What for all purposes appeared to be a computer dated almost one hundred years before Jesus, discovered in 1900 off the island of Antikythera near Crete. Known as the "Antikythera Mechanism" (as stated above) the device contained a system of differential gears not known to have been used until the sixteenth century.

-A small vessel containing a copper cylinder with an iron rod inside, discovered in an Iraqi village and dated from at least 220 years B.C., turned out to be nothing less than a battery as stated above. When alkaline grape juice was added to the strange object it produce a half volt of electricity.

-Unexplained manufactured sites such as Stonehenge and Silbury Hill in Britain, the huge heads of Easter Island, the Peruvian Nazca lines, the Great Serpent Mound of Ohio, and the controversial prehistoric "Rock Wall" east of Dallas, Texas, seem to indicate a technology lost in prehistory.

-Former NASA official Maurice Chatelain wrote of thirteen mystical sites within a 450-mile radius of the long-venerated Greek island of Delos which, connected by straight lines, produce a perfect Maltese cross, emblem of the Crusader knights. Chatelain said such a gigantic pattern could only have been created from a vantage point in space.

-According to Chatelain, coins of exactly the same weight have been found in geographic locations thousands of miles apart and in different cultures separated by thousands of years.

-In 1996 Han Ping Chen, and authority on the ancient Chinese Shang dynasty, confirmed that markings found on Central American Olmec figures dated to more than three thousand years ago were clearly archaic Chinese characters. Puzzled archeologists admitted that identical writing systems cannot be independently invented.

-Carvings located twenty-five feet above the floor in the ancient Temple of Seti I in Abydos, Egypt, resemble nothing less than two jet airplanes and an Apache attack helicoper. Their presence has been noted by recent travelers and reportely were mentioned in an 1842 report, yet no one knows what they truly represent. Although some theorize the markings have been decayed.

-Cuneiform Babylonian tablets in the British Museum described the phases of Venus, the four moons of Jupiter, and the seven satellites of Saturn, none of which could have been seen in ancient Babylon without the aid of modern telescopes.

-The maps of Turkish admiral Piri Reis, dated from the early sixteenth century and said to be based on earlier maps predating Alexander the Great, accurately depict the Amazon basin of South America and the northern coastline of Antarctica, neither of which was surveyed until after the advent of aircraft in th twentieth century. The accurateness of these maps regarding Antarctica are especially puzzling since it has been under an ice cap for at least four thousand years.

-A rectangular ziggurat built before 8,000 B.C. recently found near Okinawa, points to people with advanced technologies living long before the generally accepted date of the first civilizations.

[edit on 9-5-05 by pacman]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

A small vessel containing a copper cylinder with an iron rod inside, discovered in an Iraqi village and dated from at least 220 years B.C., turned out to be nothing less than a battery as stated above. When alkaline grape juice was added to the strange object it produce a half volt of electricity.

This is interesting considering the rumours about the real reason for the iraq war being at that time, was because they had uncovered a real stargate.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I've heard about the stargate too. Hmmmm...

Drosnin (bible code 2) talks about a (something) being under an obelisk being discovered. ship?

Reversespeech has mentioned that Bush, Blair, Cheney all talk about leaving in some ship by 2007. The reason they are modifying the weather with chemtrails and Haarp is they don't want the huge ship to be seen when taking off.

Not sure what to make of all that, but Iraq is more than oil, installing democracy, reclaiming ancient babylon, etc.

It is primarily the cradle of civilization.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I cant for the life of me remember where i heard something about it, but if anyone else can remember why Iraq, or least where Iraq stands today, is of some major importance.

Was life supposed to have originated there? i cant remember what it said......It would obviously rock if they found a stargate, even if they didnt tell us.....a shame but still awsome.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I cant for the life of me remember where i heard something about it, but if anyone else can remember why Iraq, or least where Iraq stands today, is of some major importance.

Was life supposed to have originated there? i cant remember what it said......It would obviously rock if they found a stargate, even if they didnt tell us.....a shame but still awsome.

It's because the land between the Tigris and Euphrates River's is where the "first recorded" civilization was found. You know, Mesopotamia and the Sumarians. Babylon and al the stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join