It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad News

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well wow, as a long time user of SETI@Home I used many utilities over the years and one of the main ones was SETI Spy. For the first time today in all these years I noticed a weird button in the "about" tab named "PSC". Curious I clicked it and it took me to a website where the author Roelof J. Engelbrecht notified everyone that he was diagnosed with a rare liver disease and he was accepting donations. I was sadened at the news and was equally mystified that I have never heard anything about this before.

So I was about to type up a post here on ATS notifying you all in this SETI section with a link to his site cox-internet.com... he is asking for donations for medical treatment when I noticed the date of his last update was 09/12/2003, 2 years ago... So I did a search on yahoo for his name and found a weblog of his, this is where the horrible news came in, I’ll let you read it for yourself. www.cox-internet.com...

My prayers go out to him and his family.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by d1k]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sad news indeed, d1k.
Thanks for bringing this to the notice of all of us.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'll second that. I've used setispy myself, good piece of software. Someone with such an obviously kind heart as he had doesn't deserve to go out that way. RIP, RJE.

new topics

join