It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF to research teleportation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It seems that mere stealth technology is not enough; the United States Air Force wants to get from here to there without even traversing the space in between. Are they looking for a Star Trek(TM) transporter? Or maybe even a farcaster from science fiction writer Dan Simmons' awesome novel Hyperion, which lets you step from one planet to the next?

Well perhaps they do have a stargate...If this actually worked they might be able to teleport soldiers behind enemy lines and destry the enemy in no time at all, or they could just transport a bomb in.......cool idea though

Source

[edit on 23/7/05 by Atomix]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
another "effort", "smokescreen" to divert the Russian / Chinese 's precious/limited resources into waste...

nice try nonetheless

on a side note...

teleportation is actually theologically possible, however, to successfully teleport, you first have to built a time machine, which is also theologically possible, now you see the "mount everest height" mountain to climb, I reckon we will not be ready technologically to teleport in another 100 years

[edit on 23-7-2005 by betaiso]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Austrian scientists have already managed to 'teleport' a 'sub-atomic particle'.

They did it about 3 years ago and the distance was an amazing 6 to 12 inches.

I honestly cannot remember where it was, or who did it, but I guess that's why the Yanks are going to work on it.

The frightening thing about this is, if they ever get this thing to work, then anybody who wants to kill somebody else can just 'pop up', do the job and then disappear - literally!

It's the stuff of nightmares!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
They did it with a photon in 1998 and the Australian National University physicists did it with a laser as few years ago.

In order to transport a human, a computer would first have to be built that could analyze "can pinpoint and analyze all of the 10 to the 28 power of atoms that make up the human body. That's more than a trillion trillion atoms. This machine would then have to send this information to another location, where the person's body would be reconstructed with exact precision. Molecules couldn't be even a millimeter out of place, lest the person arrive with some severe neurological or physiological defect. "
travel.howstuffworks.com...

Even if they can figure out a way to teleport a persons body, what would happen to our memories and knowledge? How could they possibly transport that too?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i like this teleportation idea. im thinking medical use. surely if its all loaded through a computer and then rebuilt the other end the computer could wipe out the bad bits (bit like a virus killer). aids,cancer anything could be removed.

back to military use thats very scary, pop in assasinate and gone again within seconds !!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Due to the high precision and countless atoms involved, transporting humans is years away. Not to say that it wouldn't be cool to teleport a pound of C-4 into Kim Jong II's toilet after a bad meal. Or just think, open a ten foot portal in Iran and then have it open up by the sun.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You'd just be re-creating a copy of the original in a new location, and not actually moving the original.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyc
You'd just be re-creating a copy of the original in a new location, and not actually moving the original.

Exactly, I am totally against that, even though the copy will thing he got teleported, he knows hes not the real one.

plus by the time we have the techology to do something totally insane like that, im sure well have come up with a much less insane way to "teleport", maybe via set stations with gravity warps installed and clear pathways to other places

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
oh and this should be under science and technology, not weaponry

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davood

Ok then, can a mod move it?.........please?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Atomix, as reported in early 2004:
Teleportation - Airforce Research Laboratory Study

seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
just wanted to say I really loved the Hyperion saga

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hey this might be really far fetched, but if we had the right computing technology (borrowed from aliens maybe?) could they alter a person's memories? I'm thinking, what if one of us comes across something we shouldn't have, and they don't want us to remember. So they teleport us, but modify our structure so that certain memories are "deleted". Anybody think it's plausible?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I guess they could alter memories and even extract viruses but we're years away from that!

BTW can a mod please close this?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
At author's request, closing.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The basics of things you describe have already happened.

There have been numerous occurances in labs across America (not USAF affiliated) where scientists have taken a cluster of a billion molecules and made the cluster be in two places at the same time.

this is not mere teleportation.

think about it, the same object in two places at the same time.

If the 1 object is in two places at the same time, not only has teleportation taken place ....... but, so has time travel.

have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davood

Depends who's using it for what purpose, now doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
cyberdude your the Last person we can allow to have access to this technology -- LMAO!

your far too smart for OUR good LOL

that pic of magneto on ur avatar is very fitting :

opening the sun on iran omg we would all die

the whole earth would melt or something

after hearing your thoughts; perhaps if we ever get the teleporter to work good; we should have IT (the teleport machine) teleported to the sun lol
so that no one can ever touch it for it makes nuclear weapons look small and weak

but hey; with a mind like that; u may get recruited for a black project some day eh?
they do need all the help they can get these days

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso
another "effort", "smokescreen" to divert the Russian / Chinese 's precious/limited resources into waste...

nice try nonetheless

on a side note...

teleportation is actually theologically possible, however, to successfully teleport, you first have to built a time machine, which is also theologically possible, now you see the "mount everest height" mountain to climb, I reckon we will not be ready technologically to teleport in another 100 years

[edit on 23-7-2005 by betaiso]

Well, I guess if it's theologically possible, God will lst us do it.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Hey this might be really far fetched, but if we had the right computing technology (borrowed from aliens maybe?) could they alter a person's memories? I'm thinking, what if one of us comes across something we shouldn't have, and they don't want us to remember. So they teleport us, but modify our structure so that certain memories are "deleted". Anybody think it's plausible?

Sure, eventually we will be able to copy our minds once we have a way of non intrusively scanning it, What scares me if we eventually start "imprinting" memories onto newborns to bypass the first 20 yeras of their learning.

I could see taht working but.. if any only if they give the parents the choice, do you want to go through 20 yeras of teaching little bobby how to do stuff and see if he coems up with his own fascinating way that will change humanity, or do you want to give him a 20 year head start?

The sad part is alot of peopel will opt for the 20 year head start. As long as SOME people are doing it naturally we will see enough variation in people to keep creativity alive. Because that is what we will be lacking in the future I think.

<<   2 >>

join