It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Flying Craft (1000-Years Old ) Made of gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Gold trinkets were found in an area covering Central America and coastal areas of South America, estimated to belong to a period between 500 and 800 CE, but since they are made from gold, accurate dating is impossible and based essentially on stratigraphy which may be deceptive. However, we can safely say that these gold objects are more than 1000 years old.

Full Story Here:

www.carre-shinob.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by quaneeri
Gold trinkets were found in an area covering Central America and coastal areas of South America, estimated to belong to a period between 500 and 800 CE, but since they are made from gold, accurate dating is impossible and based essentially on stratigraphy which may be deceptive. However, we can safely say that these gold objects are more than 1000 years old.

Full Story Here:

www.carre-shinob.com...

I cannot get enough of stories like this and there are more to come if you click on the Ancient and lost treasures forum link on the bottom. All kinds of discussion about ancient petroglyphs in America suggesting Columbus was not here first. There appears to be much that went on in the ancient world that we are clueless about today.

Check out the whole site. Lots of cool stuff.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I like the thread with the japanese 10000 years old underwater pyramids !

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here's a good link to check out as well of a similar topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
groingrinder

Thanks for the link.

Yeh i find the ancient past very interesting.

Simon.

I will check out the abydos link, this to me is one of the most interesting temples in alll egypt.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Here's a good link to check out as well of a similar topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, I have seen that page and it is interesting. I still think they are airplanes and helicopters.

[Edited on 8-20-2003 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
I like the thread with the japanese 10000 years old underwater pyramids !

As a child growing up on Okinawa I constantly heard rumors about this place. I cannot believe there is not a full blown international archaelogical investigation of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
While I do think it is an airplane, I can see the possilbility of it also being simply a head ornament. It does seem like it could be one, though I'd rather believe the airplane theory. That one's cooler.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
gold covered aircraft could only have one purpose i can think of...

space travel, gold reflects heat very well.. if not better than any other element...(im not certain on this)

its probably perfect for re-entery...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

All kinds of discussion about ancient petroglyphs in America suggesting Columbus was not here first. There appears to be much that went on in the ancient world that we are clueless about today.

thast because the christians burnt all the ancient libraries and anything that suggested anti-christian or anything that dind't go with what they wanted at the time, they wanted to write history, so we would follow them because theya re the best obviosuly from history's study lmao

As a child growing up on Okinawa I constantly heard rumors about this place. I cannot believe there is not a full blown international archaelogical investigation of it.

why would they wanna investigate sumtin thats gonna disprove # they've taught us, something big like that would prolly force many more people out of the box, they dun want that now do they

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yep well suposedly in the ancient times there was a large golden flying disk that would Travel to the stars.

It was meant to be huge.

The Golden Era?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That...would be creepy...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Uggg, what a page, white text on a light grey background, you would think that they didn't want us to read it.

OK lets look at the first one, it was described as a "wooden bird model" . So the ancients could make model planes they the threw, hardly rocket science.

Sure maybe they were kids toys, does it mean that they ever progresed beyond it?

If someone dug up Buzz lightyear in another time woudt hey think we all had big heads and could fly with our backpacks? I would like to see their original pic, afterall the one they have there is not too credable.

I think the barely legable text is 90% hype, I am sure if you played around with a model plane long enough you would make something quite aerodynamically advanced. It doesn't mean that they EVER HAD A LIFE SIZED ONE. The inference is unfounded that they had full sized advanced planes, not that I don't think they did, just that they evidence doesn't point to it.

Now look at the second one, you really have to suspend your logic to assume this is a plane. Sure from the right it looks like a man in it, but from the top it looks nothing of the sort.

Hype, and mirrors, are the common features underlying this page and its objects.

Sure there may be some ancient culture who created gliders, hell if the egyptians can make the pyramids, tehn they could easily work out how a plane works. But there is a huge credability gep between there and "there were real practical planes in ancient times"

People are looking for what they want to find.

Like people who see Jesus pics in tortillas.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"Uggg, what a page, white text on a light grey background, you would think that they didn't want us to read it."
Where was that?
"OK lets look at the first one, it was described as a "wooden bird model" . So the ancients could make model planes they the threw, hardly rocket science."
They said that's what they labeled it in 1898, when people had little to no knowledge of airplanes.
"If someone dug up Buzz lightyear in another time woudt hey think we all had big heads and could fly with our backpacks? I would like to see their original pic, afterall the one they have there is not too credable. "
I don't even know what that was supposed to mean... but they aren't saying that they regularly flew around.
"I think the barely legable text is 90% hype, I am sure if you played around with a model plane long enough you would make something quite aerodynamically advanced. It doesn't mean that they EVER HAD A LIFE SIZED ONE. The inference is unfounded that they had full sized advanced planes, not that I don't think they did, just that they evidence doesn't point to it. "
It probably is, but remember, they didn't have planes in 200 BC, at least to my knowledge

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
They did however have birds and air...
Aerodynamics is not a new science.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"the observation of fluids and their effect on objects can be traced back to the Greek philosopher Aristotle in 350 B.C. Aristotle conceived the notion that air has weight and observed that a body moving through a fluid encounters resistance."

This is very early aerodynamics. Making something fly isn't the basics. It takes more than just simple knowledge attained from casual observations.

Just because they could observe birds doesn't mean they knew how they could fly. They might have thought that birds were mystical creatures that used magic to fly.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The bird

A small wooden artifact was found in the excavations around the step pyramid of Saqqara in 1898 by the French archaeologist Lauret. This piece was registered in the archives of the Egyptian museum of Antiquities in Cairo as a "Statuette of a bird". It was placed in the bird section of the museum under the number 6347, and a little more was thought of it for 70 years. The Egyptian Physician, artist and aeromodeller Dr.Khalil Messiha rediscovered the same artifact in the year 1969 in the museum. Dr. Khalil found that this model differs considerably from other birds models in that it was legless and had a straight tail and wings.Dr. Khalil made a balsa wood model with the same measurements as the Pa-Di-Imen artifact and added a stabilizer to the tail. the model was pushed by hand and flew a few yards. Some call it a bird,... but no birds with vertical tails were ever seen in Egypt on the middle East.

www.darkstar1.co.uk...[1].gif

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That was some awesome stuff. Keep it coming.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wonder what it looks like when ancient peoples fought each other in these air planes...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Updated page on the gold artifacts and the bird.

Color images.

www.world-mysteries.com...

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by quaneeri]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join