It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PHP help please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am currently trying to learn PHP and would like some help on the topic please.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
www.phpfreaks.com
www.zend.com
www.php.net

those are the only links you really should need, they give lots of great info and in the case of php.net its some of the best documentation out there! Oh, and if you need a nice all-in-one and easy to setup testing platform (for windows) check out phpdev, it installs apache, php, mysql, phpmyadmin, and a simple ftp server so you can have a nifty testing environment with minimal hassle.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well php.net is always a good place to start. Devshed.com has many tutorials for PHP and other programming languages. PHPFreaks is another site that has alot of good information. Additionally, W3C, PHP/MySQL, PHPGuru and Devshed Forums.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
the best place is codewalkers.com

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The first thing i learned in PHP was identifying the IP of the person

(tried to enter code, then in (code) and (/code) and then in (quote) and (/quote) but it wouldnt show it...and even without the square brackets, it still wouldnt show it...)

And then the MAIL feature... forgot the code for that one, but was interesting to use it in forms, as well as letting me know what IP of the PC was who was visiting certain pages...

Then another was fwrite or fread for file writing/reading...

Good luck, the above websites are good sources

merge

[edit on 4/11/06 by Merger]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think everyone has all the good sites covered. One other thing that you might want to have under your belt is a good turorial book. Something like a SAM's Teach Yourself PHP book. Those have really nice tutorials that can help walk you throught some of the sticking points you might have.

new topics

top topics

join