It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cameras on every street corner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This thread is the product of a thought I had and not one that I have researched per se. A lot of it could be looked up on the net but it would need to be checked out in person to really find "evidence".

I've been on this site for about a year now, maybe a bit less, and have read much of the 9-11 stuff. Of course I have followed subsequent events like other bombings leading up to the recent London bombings.

I'm not really suggesting a conspiracy as such as I don't know who would be to blame as it is so widespread geographically speaking. Besides there are different reasons for missing video in each instance.

Anyway, my point is that we have increasing numbers of surveilance cameras around buildings around cities. I read that there are a huge number London for example. It seems strange to me that often when events like the recent London bombings occur the crucial cameras seem to be down or their film unavailable.

I've been reading recently that cameras in the WTC were down for an extended period not long before the attack (maintenance the weekend before, the contention being that explosives could have been placed at that time).

The plane hitting the Pentagon "captured" on only one camera. The camera on the bus route of the London explosion was down. It is just really strange to me that we have so much surveilance available but not on such historically crucial events like this.

As I said earlier I have no conspiracy to suggest. All I am saying is that this is an interesting commonality of some recent significant events. On the face of it people will say that if it was an inside job then of course the cameras would be "sorted out" in some way beforehand. What I saying is that this is an observation I have made that could be looked at further.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone think of other examples? Is there "missing" video from the Madrid bombings for instance?

Oh yeah, in conclusion I should mention that I know in each example I mention video evidence has been used and presented, like the four alledged bombers meeting before going to their individual targets, and other videos of 911 held by the FBI, SS or whoever. So I am not suggesting a complete black out of coverage.

Am I reading too much into it?

[edit on 13-7-2005 by whita]

[edit on 13-7-2005 by whita]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Your right. I was tempted to humour you by saying the camera's are nearly always down. But its true with the London bombing (so far) and certainly with the Pentagon. And i think it has been true in past events.
Regarding 9/11 the single biggest factor for a conspiracy is the stock market data before the attacks. Regarding the London bombings i was trading gold when it happend and nothing odd happend before (i might be young but i have money). What amazed me is that gold did go up practically the minute it happend, but i stress not before. Gold is an ideal investment in such times because it does'nt "disapear".
So maybe the guys learnt something from the 9/11 public attention on the market data before the attacks. Or maybe ther news just got through extremely quickly. Just thought i would add that to what your saying.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Not too many cameras up where I live (NZ), so don't have great experience in them. Had wondered if their maintenance was an issue with it generally. Just seems strange that crucial points in history are being missed (not recorded or disappearing) by cameras that on any other day should have the whole event "live and in technicolour".

That was interesting about the gold price, that there was no delay in it fluctuating after the bombings.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
My local newschannel reported that an average person gets caught on camera's an averge of 300 times a day in Downtown London.

With millions of security camera's installed around the world, London has the most camera's installed all over the city in the world. The government tells us it is for our "security", yet with all of those camera's installed all over London. It did not one bit of good.

The camera's may facilitate the identification of who did this horrible deed. But they did nothing to PREVENT the act from happening.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The Uk has one of the most extensive camera systems in the world. I had read that Scotland yard will be reviwing some 1800 hours of video in terms of this investigation. If anyones going to catch these guys, Id have to say Scotland yard will do it. Lets wait and keep our fingers crossed.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join