It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the memory of those who died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Most forums i have seen, have given out a public message about the london bombings, so i have taken it upon myself to write a message. I am British and i live two hours from London and there are members here on ATS who are from London.
We all now hold hands during these times of trouble, we will not be scared and we will not hide from these terrorists.

50 people have died and its set to rise and 700 have been injured. I send my heart out to those families that have been effected by the attacks. Im not religious, but i do have an open mind. I would like to share a passage from the bible;

Psalm 91

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Thank you

Infinite NWO FSME/ G Council member

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
thats was a nice post. I'd appluad you if I could.

My heart goes out as well.

Im worried about The Real Deal, he lives in london and he hasn't been online since.

Hope hes okay.

-Jared

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
thats was a nice post. I'd appluad you if I could.

My heart goes out as well.

Im worried about The Real Deal, he lives in london and he hasn't been online since.

Hope hes okay.

-Jared

i THINK he was in chat on thursday, but im not sure...ill get in contact with people and search around ATS

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i THINK he was in chat on thursday, but im not sure...ill get in contact with people and search around ATS

Thanks, man. I appreaciate it.

I'll drop him an email and a u2u on Sportztawk.

-J

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nice one Infinite

I live in Reading..30 odd miles from Central London...20 mins from Paddington..we're known as the Gateway to London and even had our main station shut for a few hours on Thurs, so it felt quite close to home.

Even more scary is that only a few days before I had been through all the stations affected on the same Tube lines, makes you think!!

But on that note, I won't be dettered from living a normal life. FFS, the IRA tormented us for years but didn't sway us (I am a Pad Brat, so had even more to worry about than the average civilian)

Rule Brittania! Sod the Terrorists! Stiff upper lip and all that...Tally Ho!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This might sound innapropriate but as I was watching the news broadcasts there were a few shots of the City St Pauls, Parliament, the Eye and the Gherkin, with the grey Thames snaking it's way through it all. Even though on the streets there was carnage it looked such a beautiful city and it's ours and worth fighting for.

To the victims, their families and loved ones, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

To the rest of the world (to quote a well known saying from the blitz). Business as Normal!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thread topped for a few days, much like a flag at half staff, in honor of our brothers and sisters in GREAT Britain who were needlessly taken from their loved ones. May they rest in peace, and the murderers burn.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
1st, Yes real deal is ok
talked to him and hes fine,

Also i want to send my condolences to my fellow Londoners, And all the familys who are still looking for their loved ones,

Im also glad to know all my own friends and family are safe as well as other ATS members who also come form London,

For every event that happpens i write a little poem, now im no poet but i always do it just as a little keep sake,
So i will share with you,

On July the 7th,
A day etched in to our minds,
The day of the London bombings,
Where many lost their lives,

But our spirit is strong,
And today we march on,
We will not fall to terror,
We will put right what you tried to wrong,

You picked the wrong City,
If you think we would fall,
See we are the United Kingdom,
And together we stand tall,

Our thoughts turns to sorrow,
For the ones that have died,
But now heaven has some more angels,
For them are the tears we cry,

[edit on 9-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In Loving Memory,
May They Rest in Peace,
and May We All Find The Strenght
to Fight Back and Carry On.....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
FOR THOSE WHO LOST LOVED ONES ..OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU
FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL MISSING WE HOPE THAT YOU WILL FIND YOUR WAY HOME.
FOR THOSE WHO DONE THIS......REVENGE IS OURS!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Good post, Infi...

(btw, had not seen you in ages)
---
In Memory to Those who Perished
In Gratitude to Those who Serve

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I hope my poster is appropiate for this thread:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Finding The Words

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I hope my poster is appropiate for this thread:

I think so.

While I am a fan of both American swagger and British stoicism, I can't personally let this go without grieving.

People talk about the Blitz and the IRA and all that, but I didn't like that business either.

Just because London can take it doesn't mean it's pleasant to watch, and while this is not about me, I'm not ashamed to say that I cried like a baby when I first learned the news from London.

We have business to attend to, but it is appropriate to mourn our losses, because our brothers and sisters who died in this attack are not going to be the last.

I need not tell my dear cousins across the Pond to keep a stiff upper lip. That's a given.

But swagger and stoicism aside, my flag flies at half-staff today, as it has since Thursday, and looking around the valley where I live, I am not the only one who feels this way.

God Bless London, God Bless Britain and God Bless America.

We will prevail.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I just found this now....great thread.
I was concerned that we may have lost some members on that day...I hope you are all safe. Those of us in the states feel your pain as if it happened here. These losses are senseless, we are not going to change our ways of living just because some damn bombs go off or some cowards kill our loved ones. Convince us we are wrong by example and I will follow.

top topics

join