It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else live around a bunch of rednecks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
As a florida cracker myself.....

Anyhoo, I live around a bunch of folks who obviously don't own a calendar, as they are setting off a ton of fireworks tonight....

They do it every year..

Now, I'm one to shoot off just as many as the next cracker, often spending around $300 or more on 'em, but damn....wait till it's time y'all....

So, anybody else have this issue?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
well i am in West Texas.

and yes its not even dark and they're going off already.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
SoCal......and they're in the background..........worse a coupla nights ago and I'm sure they'll be going off in force very soon, once the sun drops......

[edit on 3-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Fireworks are supposed to be blown off a day or 2 before & and corse the left overs on the day after. But as always the big show is the 4th.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Stupid people down the street set em off at 1 this morning..I went over and asked what they were doing and they said they thought it was the 4th..those people are MORONS >_

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I like in the middle of Houston, so fireworks are illegal (except for offical shows). But someone always sets them off anyway. This naturally causes house fires, grass fires, and hair fires.

Oh, and people tend to shoot off their guns on the 4th and New Years, so going outside is a risky proposition. We had a bullethole in our gutter one year...:shk:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wass Up?
I am kinda 'next to da hood' (west side of Chicago) so I can't say too much about the 'Redneck' thing, except this:

You get far enough out from Chi/Milwaukee/Gary Metro area, even just a bit beyond Joliet (rough town, prisons), and Illinois goes Hillbilly! Once you see corn fields, look out.

Back to Da Hood: Here we be shootin ours guns! And M-80's seem to be the blast of choice (1/4 stick dynamite?). Yaaaarrrrrggggg! I'm not going out there!

Here's the schedule: M80's and gunshots til midnight. Followed by 4 hours of police sirens chasing down maniacs.

I'm keeping the windows shut and the AC on; May keep out the noise!

PS: Redneck Land sounds kinda fun!

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Niki]

new topics

top topics

join