It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Wins!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
www.thestate.com...

Clinton wins S.C. straw poll

By LEE BANDY

Staff Writer

Richland County Democrats held the nation’s first straw poll for the 2008 presidential race Wednesday and the surprise winner was U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York.

“We’re simply delighted,” said Bob Kunst, president of Hillarynow.com, who is traveling the country promoting Clinton’s candidacy.

“This should help us in our effort. It gives us a nice boost.”

Clinton’s victory at the sparesely attended event was a mild upset. Former U.S. Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina, a native South Carolinian and last year’s Democratic vice presidential candidate, had been considered the favorite.

Clinton got 44 votes to 34 for Edwards. Virginia Gov. John Warner came in third with 32 votes and U.S. Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware got 24 votes.

Everyone else scored in the single digits.

The straw poll was conducted by the Democratic Party of Richland County, the most Democratic county in South Carolina and the state’s second-most populous.

O M G, unbelievable that she could win. is it coming true, that she may be the first woman of the President of the United States of America?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
O M G, unbelievable that she could win. is it coming true, that she may be the first woman of the President of the United States of America?

I think the real question is, O M G(osh), unbelievable that the Democrats may hand the Republicans another 4 years in the White House!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
O M G Please let it be Hillary! My Republican prayers will be answered!

Another Northeast Senator running for President, I guess the dems will never learn.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What Carseller says about "Northeast senators" is interesting and kind of disturbing... I can well understand how being a Senator makes it harder to land the presidency... but is there this feeling in the United States that people from the Northeast can't win the office? Or that only people from the South can or are valuable candidates?

Just asking the question out of genuine curio...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They should get someone from Ohio to run.

But I guess someone who hasn't been on a few lynch mobs isn't a good candidate for the GOP.

Or even better, RICE! Oh man, she runs, the dems could have satan run and satan would win for no good republican would vote for someone they have been calling property for the past 100+ years.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
What Carseller says about "Northeast senators" is interesting and kind of disturbing... I can well understand how being a Senator makes it harder to land the presidency... but is there this feeling in the United States that people from the Northeast can't win the office? Or that only people from the South can or are valuable candidates?

Just asking the question out of genuine curio...

The feeling is that extremists can't get into office. Generally, the senators coming from both coasts have some rather extreme values on the democrat's side, whereas the Republicans have a similar situation with the mid-west -- they tend to be rather extreme there and in the deep south. Extreamists eliminate any chance of getting on the fencers to sway over to their party because their ideas are so radical to a moderate.

new topics

top topics

join