It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Favorite alcoholic beverage.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It a little higher octane that I crave. EverClear 190 proof grain. A drink so nice, they distill it twice!!

Add to just about anything for a kick but use caution and remember, its very flamable.

www.beerliquors.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
It a little higher octane that I crave. EverClear 190 proof grain. A drink so nice, they distill it twice!!

Add to just about anything for a kick but use caution and remember, its very flamable.

www.beerliquors.com...

I don't know if it's true but I heard a story of someone who lit a shot of Everclear (a "fireball") and tried to drink it and f***ed-up; they suffered serious burns!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace

Originally posted by astrocreep

www.beerliquors.com...

I don't know if it's true but I heard a story of someone who lit a shot of Everclear (a "fireball") and tried to drink it and f***ed-up; they suffered serious burns!

Ah yeah, we've done that before. It is kinda dangerous to do but I have done it at parties...when I was young and foolish. I would never do that now..it wastes the Everclear.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
taste the difference between Everclear, and Rubbing Alchohol, then your taste buds are far more refined than mine, hehe....

That stuff is hella nasty!

Maybe in a mixed drink, but not straight....

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I personally have bad feelings for alcohol, the effects of alcohol just aren't worth it in my opinion. It makes ppl sloppy, stupid, loud and obnoxious, and sometimes very sick.

I prefer to use other certain substances.

But, if i must drink I like Strongbow or Gin & Tonic:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think my favourite alcoholic beverage would have to be Vodka. Lots of it, mixed with Tonic or cranberry juice.

Lovely

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I prefer hard drink to beer.

My favorite has to be tequila. God...all thoses memories..
(partial but memories none the less..)
Right after that would be vodka.

When it comes to beer, I'm a budweiser guy. To all those who says it's typical American piss-cheap beer, well go flower your self.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Masked Avatar... With a palate and collection of your caliber I am simply AMAZED you haven't tried the above captioned!

I am NOT a scotch drinker but I love that stuff... I prefer the single malts over the blends far and away.

A good Kentucky Bourbon is my weakness... NOT that Tennessee junk they try pass off for one though...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My favorite alcoholic beverage is Dom Perignon. Excellent champagne. Mmmmmmmm!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I drink maybe 3 or 4 times a year on special occasions.
I just hate the taste of alcohol and the only thing I can handle is a couple of glasses of a good dry white wine.

Weird, if you knew that I own and run a bar!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Our montly thread about alcohol. lol.

I mostly drink beer. Yes, most American commercial beer is water. Except Sam Adams. There's a local place, Great Lakes Brewery, that puts out 'dortmunder gold' - which is excellent, but it's pricey. If the US was judged for it's quality of beers produced in the micro brews the world would like us more, lol. I am always up for a Bass or Killians.

As far as the hard stuff if you can get your hands on some Johnny Walker Blue label then do so. And a good gin and tonic always hits the spot for me.

There are some great wineries in my area. Check them out if you're ever in NE Ohio.

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
YES! Great Lakes Brewery!

When I worked in Buffalo, my agency had their advertising business... we spent a great deal of time getting to understand the product to the fullest possible extent.

Very nice beer.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
BURNING RIVER BEER! Awesome stuff! Plus a GREAT spin on Cleveland...

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Not that this necessarily fits into the stream of this thread, but I just read this....

www.suntimes.com...

WEST POINT, Ky.--Nearly all of the fish in a creek near a whiskey warehouse have died since fire destroyed the building and spilled its contents last week, and state officials have cited owner Jim Beam.

Lightning set the warehouse on fire on Aug. 4, and more than 800,000 gallons of burning bourbon flowed into a retaining pond and then into the creek.

State officials were investigating whether a larger fish kill downstream in the Salt River also is attributable to bourbon in the water.

Jim Beam will be asked to reimburse the state for money spent responding to the fire and cleaning up the affected waterways. Those costs have yet to be calculated.

In 2000, a fire destroyed a Wild Turkey warehouse, causing a spill into the Kentucky River that killed hundreds of thousands of fish. Wild Turkey paid $256,000.

AP

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
beergoggles

I thought your was not a bad interjection at all.

Just like the old Dave Allen joke, about the priest educating his alcoholoc parishioner about the evils of alcohol.

"Now here I have a glass of whiskey."

"Here I have an earthworm."

"Watch what happens when I put the worm in the whiskey."

(Worm shrivels up and dies).

"What does this teach you?"

(Parishioner): "Well, obviously if I drink whiskey, I won't get worms."

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   

zed

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I gotta talk to my boss about that

Beer is all good. Especially with this weather. Beer and BBQ mmmm

Getting a little more sophisticated, I like a good bourbon on the rocks. Something like Yellow Rose of Texas. Nice and smooth.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Desert Martini

3 shots of Beef Eaters Gin
2 Big Spanish Olives

Excellent....

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Anyone like Sake? bloody strong but theres another Shoju(i think thats the name) Its stronger than Sake.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I absolutely adore Sake. I prefer it warm, even the finer stuff that they don't want to warm for you.

There are plenty of sake bars where I am.

But the funniest thing I have seen in a restaurant/sake bar is two Japanese businessmen consume their meals with a one litre bottle of Johnnie Walker red label between them, and the gradual increase in the volume and insanity of their conversation (those bits I could translate).

After sake, there is always something harder.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join