It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more masonic venting threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There's a thread about 'why do people post lies about masonry' and a counter thread about 'why do masons attack people'. I urge membership to do a few things

1. NOT make anymore threads about that sort of thing, they're going to get trashed or moved to the Rant forum in BTS
  2. NOT vent and rant about these subjects within threads, and stick to the topics of the threads
  3. Discuss the issues and topics of a thread, not bring in past history and outside (of that thread topic's) conflict

Those two mentioned threads have been up for a while and are up now. They, of course, will be closed if they degenerate, like any other thread, but they haven't done so, so far, so if those are the topics that someone wants to talk about, find and post in those threads.

Also, this is not a Masonic Discussion Forum. This is a Secret Societies Forum. And its also not a Pro-SS forum nor a Con-SS forum. This is a discussion forum. There is a variety of opinion here and a lot of passionate and lively debate and that is good, but we all agree that tempers and nastiness do no one any good.

If a poster in a thread is someone you disagree with and don't want to discuss a topic with, then don't post responses to their statements, because that would be discussing the topic with them. If you want to talk to people about stuff, then please do so. Heck, if you strongly disagree with a person, let them know, demonstrate that they are wrong, let people know what they are wrong about and discuss it. But lets all remember to 'keep it cool' and 'play nice', even if we don't particularly like the person we are having a discussion with.

We now return to your regularly scheduled mud-flinging.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
There's a thread about 'why do people post lies about masonry' and a counter thread about 'why do masons attack people'.

All due respect Nygdan, but the latter of those two was not a counter to mine; it was more someone backing out of one discussion because he couldn't hang, and starting another one simply to whine about people attacking and ridiculing him when, in realty, very little of that has gone on.

I started the former of those two threads becasue I actually wanted to know the answers people might have for the question put forth; not to cry about it and stamp my feet like a little kid.

Sorry dude, but I'm just really peeved at the whole situation.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I can see your point, Nygdan. 'N I understand the extra work it causes fur the Mod's. I really do. I'm just here ta say... well...

I think no harm, no fowl. (I know it's foul, but looks better when a COwboy types fowl). I mean we’re all adults here, even if we don't act like it. This is why I frequent ATS/BTS. If there’s no heated discussions, then why come here?!?

I feel that any poster (person reply'n to posts) should heed some additional thoughts...
"If you can't take the heat, back off the fire."
"If your not bleed'n then you'll be OK"
from my pa...
"Laugh ‘n the whole world will laugh with you.
Cry, ‘n I'll give you something to cry about!"

In short... I say bring on the Nay-Sayers & Non-Believers, ‘n the loud’r the bett’r. 'Cause even bad publicity, is still publicity.

P.S. I fur one like recurring threads. Everyone was/is new at some point. There’s so many threads on ATS/BTS that it would take me years ta read all the posts, on all the treads, ta see if maybe the thought has been cover’d (Chances are… It’s been talked about somewhere). I figure if people are think’n it’s been talked ‘bout “enough already”, no one has to post a reply, thus making the initial poster search fur the answer.

Like I said, Just my two cents worth…

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Listen to Axeman, Nygdan. He's very correct about the situation and the reason for it.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am all for this new rule Nygdan.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I was wondering something.

sebatwerk, Majestic12 and The Axeman, do you guys have bots scanning the forums for any and every thread about Masons so you can jump on them?

Are you 3 the same person or in contact with eachother? Or are you 3 the assigned persons to keep track of these threads?? Are you somehow prohibited to post in other threads on ATS?

You all post in all and no other then mason related threads.
You all act generaly the same way towards any type of critisisme about masonry.

Have either of you ever felt like actualy participating in ATS instead of just being the Masonic watchdogs to jump on and in alot of cases trash any and all anti-masonic threads?

Guys like Masked Avatar, Mirtfull Me and several other Masons and Pro Masonry guys on these boards actualy participate in the global spectrum of ATS and are greatly appreciated. They are able to agree to disagree with other people and have allowed everyone to get to know them and have shared their views about topics that aren't masonry related. With this, they have earned the respect and have become wanted discussion participants for even the people that in general are totaly against masons and masonry. They are an individual with his own views and feelings first and then a Mason.

This is really just an observation I make, but I would like to suggest both of you something.

Wouldn't it be better to follow your fellow masons examples and becoming more active in the global spectrum of ATS, letting others get to know you and see that you guys are also just ordinary individuals with their own views on everything going from cooking, politics and lil green men to world hunger and not just the 3 avatars that always and only pop up when something bad is said about masonry?

edit: added majestic12 as people spoken to.
edit2: some spelling
(still full of errors though prolly
)

[edit on 10-6-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I've wondered the same exact thing! Everything you said I agree totally!

[edited big quote, served bigquote warn and one liner response warn: please move any discussion about this topic to here and keep it civil in that thread - nygdan]

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
[edited post : no post-hunting - nygdan]

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I was wondering something.

sebatwerk, Majestic12 and The Axeman, do you guys have bots scanning the forums for any and every thread about Masons so you can jump on them?

Are you 3 the same person or in contact with eachother? Or are you 3 the assigned persons to keep track of these threads?? Are you somehow prohibited to post in other threads on ATS?

Uhhhh. No.

Have either of you ever felt like actualy participating in ATS instead of just being the Masonic watchdogs to jump on and in alot of cases trash any and all anti-masonic threads?

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm going to let you in on a little something. THE ONLY THING OUT THERE IS MASON THREADS!

Guys like Masked Avatar, Mirtfull Me and several other Masons and Pro Masonry guys on these boards actualy participate in the global spectrum of ATS and are greatly appreciated. They are able to agree to disagree with other people and have allowed everyone to get to know them and have shared their views about topics that aren't masonry related. With this, they have earned the respect and have become wanted discussion participants for even the people that in general are totaly against masons and masonry. They are an individual with his own views and feelings first and then a Mason.

This is really just an observation I make, but I would like to suggest both of you something.

Well lately, all that has been comming up is Masonic threads.

Wouldn't it be better to follow your fellow masons examples and becoming more active in the global spectrum of ATS, letting others get to know you and see that you guys are also just ordinary individuals with their own views on everything going from cooking, politics and lil green men to world hunger and not just the 3 avatars that always and only pop up when something bad is said about masonry?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sorry, but thats untrue and you know it.

I would be surprised if SO pulled statistics on the board and Masonry related threads could even get a 0.1% share.

Or was that wishfull thinking from your part? If you want a board thats all about masons, I'm pritty sure theres a multitude of options.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The whole point of a forum IMO is talking about a topic that INTERESTS YOU. Masonry happens to INTEREST ME.

So don't piss your pants just because I like to respond to something that sparks my interest.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12

So don't piss your pants just because I like to respond to something that sparks my interest.
\

First off he was right, theres no reason to be derisive when your last 200 posts have only been in mason forums.

Are you telling us that all four of you have no opinion on anything but masonry?

It is suspicious to me IMO.

Are you guys all the same person?

And please don't start calling me immature and silly and childish, etc, etc.

It does look funny to me when all of their posts are on the same subject with the same people, and the same attitude.

Says nothing about masons in general, just this strange pattern of response.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Masonry is my interest. So I am going to respect my interest and post in threads related to masonry.

No we are not the same person.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

I have little to NO interest in conspiracy theory topics, and the only thing that I have any knowledge about, and the only thing that I really care to talk about, is Freemasonry. So what? Is there something wrong with this? I come here to ATS to talk about Freemasonry, and to help teach people the truth about the fraternity. I fail to see why you took it upon yourself to criticize me for this.

Whatever...

Freemasonry as it relates to conspiracy theory is a pretty cut-and-dry topic. There's not many ways to say "Freemasonry is not a secret society" and "Freemasonry is not taking over the world", etc etc.

I have participated in MANY different topics, including Bohemina Grove, the Illuminati, books, Templars, David Icke, government, politics, economics, oil, war, etc etc. I've posted in many different forums, not just Secret Societies. But, like I said above, my experience is in Freemasonry.

They are an individual with his own views and feelings first and then a Mason.

And you think that I am a Freemason first and an individual with my own views and feelings second?!?!?

Wouldn't it be better to follow your fellow masons examples and becoming more active in the global spectrum of ATS, letting others get to know you and see that you guys are also just ordinary individuals with their own views... and not just the 3 avatars that always and only pop up when something bad is said about masonry?

No. I come here to talk about Freemasonry. Why would I go to talk about UFOs when I'm not interested in them?

edit: added majestic12 as people spoken to.

majestic12 has been on these forums for 2 weeks, I highly doubt that he qualifies for your criticism. I, on the other hand, do pretty much only parfticipate in discussion here on Secret Societies. And that's the way I like it. Again, I fail to see why you would think you have a right to criticize me for this...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think I do qualify for the criticism. All of my posts I have so far are poured into Mason topics.

I have no idea though, what it is him where I post or not.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
"Sebatwerk,Majestic, Axeman,Senrak,Trinity"

Looks like a stellar group of "free thinkers" to me......It must be the bond
or the special comraderie that irks those who are unfamliar with it........At
least these individuals are consistent......I personally appreciate that.....

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes do you have something you would like to share?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, yes I do...."Mad Money" with Jim Cramer is worth a
peek.................The "lightning round" is really "over the top"................

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lashlarue

As a matter of fact, yes I do...."Mad Money" with Jim Cramer is worth a
peek.................The "lightning round" is really "over the top"................

I'm not a big fan of Jim Cramer. I'm personally more of a fan of Tom Gentile and Bernie Schaeffer

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Those are the kind of people you see on those 3 in the morning infomercials.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join