It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I think RFID implants will be introduced in the UK - and why everyone will accept it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well it looks like we're getting our new biometric passports very soon, and our new biometric ID cards along with them.
I read somewhere (but I can't find the source) that the new cards and/or passports will have RFID chips in them, partly to be compatible with the US system.

Well, once all of this has been implemented and everyones had their little grumble and accepted it, all the technology will be in place in shops, street,s airports, etc etc using the RFID technology, which for now will be in the cards.
Then there will be 'difficulties', people forgetting their cards, cards being stolen with all the information on them, etc etc... So what would a good idea be? How about implanting the chip into people rather than carrying a card around with it in!

Think of all the problems it will solve, also people are already complaining about the £93 they will have to pay for the new cards, so this will cut costs down even more!

That's kind of the way I think it will happen anyway.

Also, while I was looking for the article I couldn't find, I did come across this site which was pretty interesting to read:

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Good find

Well it looks like we're getting our new biometric passports very soon, and our new biometric ID cards along with them.
I read somewhere (but I can't find the source) that the new cards and/or passports will have RFID chips in them, partly to be compatible with the US system.

Worrying isn't it?
i still dont understand why we need them to be honest

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If the Government do the cards in this way:

Figner print, photo ID and eye reterner technology, with information stored on a seperate National Computer and another chip on the card so it can't be forged, I would be happy.

But the way they plan to do them will be easy to forge and a waste of money. The other way would be good for things such as a Referendum, or even votes, however I did like not having to carry ID around with me and it won't stop terrorism.

Edit:

On a side note have you seen those new "Think Pads" from Microsoft that use your fingerprint to use them?

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

SAY NO TO THE IMPLANTS!

EDIT: I Drink.

[edit on 053131p://25075 by MERC]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It would cut down on identity theft, but it won't stop it. It would make those types of thefts even worse for the victim's. It raises another danger. Those who really want to steal an identity to get into a country for terrorist actions or smuggle something could kidnapp someone, chop off the part the implant is in, and take the implant from there. If they are using a finger print Id, they would also have the person's fingerpirnts from the chopped off hand.

There are pelanty of kiddnappings as it is. Many times the victims are not even found. How is this scernio. Everyone has a tracable chip implant. A husband reports his wife missing after she doesn't show up after 24 hours or do you have to waith 48 hours before reporting a missing person in the US. I forget.

Anyhow. the police search through the databases to see if she shows up anywhere. They found she used bank account or rented a hotel room a state or two away. They find she is a half a country away. Then they start to grill him about why she left him in the first place. Assuming it was a very bad fight, the do nothing about it. Or they look for her, don't find her, and she disappears from the system completely a couple of months later. By the time the authorities really catch on to what is happening, the kidnappers have already found a new victim.

top topics

join