It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Survivor Leaving US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is a very good article and i recommend everyone at ATS does read it. Ive been look around this site for a while now and found this while searching around on it

One of our neighbors is moving. I've been in this neighborhood for about six years now, but didn't really know them very well at all - just waves and nods, mostly.

So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old - I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

rense.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A bit of an overstatement.

First of all, he US is nowhere near Nazi Germany state, despite the paranoid proclaimations.

We have, unlike the Nazis, loud, active dissent. No body in Germany publicly spoke about the concentration camps, nor did they criticize the government. And Hitler had almost universal approval from the Germans, as well as fear and respect from his party.

Here, in America, we have a country divided on what it wants to do, half agreeing with the current regime, half disapproving. We also have very vocal dissent. The ACLU, Amnesty international, and several other groups are publically blowing the lid of Gitmo and other problems. People are starting to look unfavorably at the current regime. And we see signs of dissent amongst Bush's own party, the Republicans, who are starting to turn on him.

We are not going the way of the Nazis by any means. We are simply stuck in a nasty and very damaging rut, but it is something that can be fixed from within. We certainly dont have rallies of hundreds f thousands hailing Bush. For every Bush supporter, we have a Bush hater.

Germany was very uniform in its obedience.

And since this whole war has the smell of secret Israeli involvement, I dont see Jews getting dragged out and beaten anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I agree with Skadi, the U.S. is far from becoming anything like Nazi Germany. If you look hard enough you can find someone willing to say almost anything, but I seriously doubt this is a common opinion among U.S. Holocaust survivors.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

And since this whole war has the smell of secret Israeli involvement, I dont see Jews getting dragged out and beaten anytime soon.

I doubt it too, cant see America's Zionist buddies being pleased about that

maybe and i mean maybe to muslims in the late future if this war on terrorism continues to target muslim nations.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I doubt it too, cant see America's Zionist buddies being pleased about that

Well said. Tho Id actually say its Zionist masters to be more accurate.

I dont see Arabs getting beat down in the streets tho. For one, this presidency, if it lasts that long, has 4 years to go, and alot can happen. There is opposition parties in this country looking to take down the whole admin.

Plus, Americans have a seriously short attention span. In four years, well probably forget who we are suppsoed to hate.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
im not sure,
if this WOT continues, the enemy will still be clear in American minds, just like the Irish were in the minds of UK cizitens due to the IRA

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
We have, unlike the Nazis, loud, active dissent. No body in Germany publicly spoke about the concentration camps, nor did they criticize the government. And Hitler had almost universal approval from the Germans, as well as fear and respect from his party.

He had fear and respect but he did not have universal approval. He had the brownshirts to stop any criticism or talk about concentration camps.

Personally, I don't think we have loud active dissent at all. Unless you come looking for places like ATS, the average person in the street has no idea how many negative news items are glossed over or completely ignored by the mainstream media. I can watch CNN all day long and not hear a single negative view on this government's actions, certainly not any hint that there might be active dissenters in the country.

Here, in America, we have a country divided on what it wants to do, half agreeing with the current regime, half disapproving. We also have very vocal dissent. The ACLU, Amnesty international, and several other groups are publically blowing the lid of Gitmo and other problems.

And the government's reactions to those groups? Why their reports are "absurd" of course. Anyone who believes those liberal commies are "unpatriotic" and if you're not with us, you must be with the terrorists...

We are not going the way of the Nazis by any means. We are simply stuck in a nasty and very damaging rut, but it is something that can be fixed from within.

I hope so, but I think the damage will be done long before we can fix the problem. Could the Germans have stopped Hitler from within? I think it took a combined effort from several countries and a terrible loss of life to do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
In a lot of ways the US administartion has the workings as the Nazis, control the masses by fear. Thats how Bush rules, via fear, create something to scare the people into submission so they do what you say

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
In a lot of ways the US administartion has the workings as the Nazis, control the masses by fear. Thats how Bush rules, via fear, create something to scare the people into submission so they do what you say

Not quite fear, they have something much better - shame. Criticize the govt. and you're criticizing America. You don't need brownshirts when you have the world's most patriotic population and there's no greater moral disgrace than to be labelled unpatriotic.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Not quite fear, they have something much better - shame. Criticize the govt. and you're criticizing America. You don't need brownshirts when you have the world's most patriotic population and there's no greater moral disgrace than to be labelled unpatriotic.

ah yes the whole "Your not a true American"

works every time

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wonder how much news coverage this will get. I find this tale amazingly interesting, if this guy lived through both Nazi Germany (early years) and America now and states this something must be going on. If he lost family, friends, etc, during WW2 it would take a lot for someone to claim they are similar.

Maybe there is more to this then meets the eye?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Maybe there is more to this then meets the eye?

thats what i thought when i read it

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
yea, we arent Nazi Germany, not even close. and plus, rense is known to be a bs site, from what i hear. anyway isnt there only one holocaust survivor left who is a woman from belgium.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
A bit of an overstatement.

First of all, he US is nowhere near Nazi Germany state, despite the paranoid proclaimations.

This was the state of Germany after the Nazis came to power. I believe the German Jew was referring to the time before the Nazis rose to power.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
This was the state of Germany after the Nazis came to power. I believe the German Jew was referring to the time before the Nazis rose to power.

He was refering to before the Nazi's took control

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yea infinite, time is an important factor when we wish to compare present day to historical times. It would do well on this thread for an analysis of the state of Germany prior to the Nazi's rise to power.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Source
The period of German history from 1919 to 1933 is known as the Weimar Republic (Pronounced Vye-Mar, and in German it is known as the "Weimarer Republik"). It is named after the city of Weimar, where a national assembly convened to produce a new constitution after the German monarchy was abolished following the nation's defeat in World War I.

This first attempt at establishing a liberal democracy in Germany was a time of great tension and inner conflict and, ultimately, failed with the ascent of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in 1933. Although technically the 1919 constitution was never entirely invalidated until after World War II, the legal measures taken by the Nazi government in 1933 that are commonly known as Gleichschaltung in fact destroyed all mechanisms provided for by a typical democratic system; so it is common to mark 1933 as the end of the Weimar Republic.

The phrase Weimar Republic, though now generally accepted as the "correct" name for interwar Germany was actually never used during 1919-1933 period. Germany's legal name remained The German Empire despite the fact that the government was now a republic. Phrases like "imperial" (German: reich) continued to be used, which can cause some confusion in comparing the pre and post WW1 years.

Source
The German word Gleichschaltung (literally "synchronising", synchronization) is used in a political sense to describe the process by which the Nazi regime successively established a system of totalitarian control over the individual, and tight coordination over all aspects of society and commerce. The term itself is a typical Nazi euphemism.

The Nazi party's desire for total control required the elimination of all other forms of influence. The period from 1933 to around 1937 was characterized by the systematic elimination of non-Nazi organizations that could potentially influence people, such as trade unions and political parties. The regime also assailed the influence of the churches, for example by instituting the Ministry of Ecclesiastical Affairs under Hanns Kerrl. Organizations that the administration could not eliminate, such as the schools, came under its direct control.

Source
Nazi Germany, or the Third Reich, commonly refers to Germany in the years 1933–1945, when it was under the firm control of the totalitarian ideology of the Nazi Party, with the Führer Adolf Hitler as dictator.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
there is a thread comparing America 2005 to Germany 1930

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The old guy is paranoid, thats all. Jews have alot of power in this country. 1/2 the stuff in your local supermarket has a "K" on it & that means that company donates to Jewish charaties. Israel has an army that could wipe out most the middle east & they are the size of Hawaii with barely any oil if any at all. So where did they get the money for all this by only being around 50 something years, The good ol USA. in 1968 the country was only 20 years old & got attacked by 3 surrounding countrys at once & still won in the matter of days & got more land outa it. So all this talk of some NWO & Bush rounding up the jews is nuts. Ya Bush uses FEAR to persude people, but he aint no nazi. If there is some NWO plan, the Jews are in on it too & have a peice of it. Israel & the Jews are as crooked & secretive as Bush & they work together. Just my 2cents.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
jonSUN, he wasn't talking about Jews being targets again.

<<   2 >>

join