It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned members posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Can anyone explain me why there are (at least) 2 kinds of banned members?

For some of them you can still read the posts, but the member status says "Banned member", while for some others, the posts (all of their posts!) are simply deleted... There remains only some quotes of those...

Does that have anything to do with an official request made by some private company or official authority to remove the posts? Is it simply because of the nature of the posts (insanity, violence, ...) that the staff itself decides?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i never knew some posts were removed, maybe they broke TOS or something.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Here is an example... If you look in the page listing all threads of the Science & Technology, page 1, you'll notice a thread started by member Scroll_Lock.

It clearly shows the author as being Scroll_Lock. Now, you can clearly see in the thread that his posts have been removed, in particular the first one...

I just wondered...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
He is on global ignore,
which means we cant see him....he is either waiting to be banned or waiting to come off.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh... OK. Thank you!

I didn't even know about global ignore!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
........the thread....

What thread? Shes gone mate!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yup, apparently, it's like infinite says. Scroll_Lock was "waiting to be banned", like in the stairway to heaven (or hell if you wish), and now gone.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Block

Originally posted by SpookyVince
........the thread....

What thread? Shes gone mate!

A thread's disappearance would not be because a member was on global ignore. You'd see the thread, minus the globally ignored member.
When the member is banned, you see his posts, but the word "Banned" is under his username.

The whole thread being gone would indicate it's been moved to the Trash Bin by staff.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join