It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Terrorism: Impossible to Win?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this for many days and have come to the somewhat obvious conclusion that this war is impossible to win. How can you fight something that is nearly as common as crime itself? I feel that it is impossible to win, and that we are wasting our time on a wasted war. Terrorism is something that will never stop, and most of the countries we are trying to liberate like the way their country is already, and we should not tamper with it. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this subject.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
to me, it IS impossible...

how can we "win" against terrorism???

there are no terrorist countries...

there are just terrorists in countries...

we cannot stop ALL the "terrorists"...

its not like fighting an army...

we are fighting one terrorist at a time...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think with every terrorist we kill, we get 10 more. Hell, we are already widely hated among countries of the world, are they considered terrorists to us now too?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I think with every terrorist we kill, we get 10 more. Hell, we are already widely hated among countries of the world, are they considered terrorists to us now too?

here is my view...

P.S. it is kind-of "mean" but who cares...

the reason people hate terrorism is because it is a new way of fighting...

even though they are killing civilians in terrorist acts, it is just a new way of fighting...

we are not used to it, so we declare it evil...

you must understand...

the enemies of the US have no armies (afgan. is a good example)...

so they use the next best thing to fight against THEIR ENEMY...

they are NOT fighting for their religion...

they are not super evil mindless guys...

they are using a relatively new tactic to fight for their cause which could be as "good" as ours because "good" and "evil" does not exist...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes, the war on terrorism is winnable. But not the way they are conducting it now.

To fight a shadow you need to become one. You fight terrorism by bringing their own fruits to their doorstep, via some cold blooded killing spooks who will "lower" themselves to the means of the enemy. Match tactics with tactics.

I could never understand why no one ever thought of terrorizing the terrorists? Sending in armies is just plain overkill.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hmm, good perspective. I guess because that would be doing the same as they are, and getting an even worse reputation than we already have.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Hmm, good perspective. I guess because that would be doing the same as they are, and getting an even worse reputation than we already have.

We are getting a bad rep because we got armies all over the desert in someone elses country and are doing things that the civilians there are quite unhappy about. War means total exposure.

Sending in assasins means low to no exposure, since spooks are expendable and we can deny they are our offically sanctioned killers. You cant send an army to a country and then deny they work for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Wow, that was stupid "fight terrorism by being a terrorist".
Uh yeah..sure ok, how about you go fight AIDS by GETTING IT!?!?
Make sense?

The war on terror is not meant to be winnable, thats why they picked this fight.
They had such great success with the unwinnable war on drugs that they
knew they could get away with an endless "war on terror"
The success I'm talking about is: limitless budgets, and the rape of pillaging of freedoms and rights in America.

In 30 years, when the war on terror is still going on, and the laundry list of failures is as long and ugly as the drug war's, they will committ some other atrocity and come up with a new war, something like "war on pollution", when its too late. Hmm you know, most likely it will be "War against the robots", after they introduce a bunch of global hawks gone mad.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Wow, that was stupid "fight terrorism by being a terrorist".
Uh yeah..sure ok, how about you go fight AIDS by GETTING IT!?!?
Make sense?

The war on terror is not meant to be winnable, thats why they picked this fight.
They had such great success with the unwinnable war on drugs that they
knew they could get away with an endless "war on terror"
The success I'm talking about is: limitless budgets, and the rape of pillaging of freedoms and rights in America.

In 30 years, when the war on terror is still going on, and the laundry list of failures is as long and ugly as the drug war's, they will committ some other atrocity and come up with a new war, something like "war on pollution", when its too late. Hmm you know, most likely it will be "War against the robots", after they introduce a bunch of global hawks gone mad.

It makes perfect sense, if you have any concept of it. Terrorizing the terrorist is different. You specifically target them. Not embassies, not schools. Capice?

In its current form, of course this war is meant to be unwinnable. Were using the wrong tools.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
the war on terrorisim is ultimately winnable. unfortunately the way it is being waged is letting them win. what do i mean?

well let considder what a terrorist is doing.what are their needs? first and foremost a terrorist oganization needs to get recruits. they have to show that they are acomplishing something. how do thy do this? they don't, we do it for them. every time a story about a terrorist attack or about the terrorit problem comes up we give them the attention that they need as well as passing on their message. think back to the 80's when the ira was news. at that time who didn't know what their goals were? how did everyone know? easy media told the world all about it after virtualy every attack. WE PASSED ON THEIR MESAGE FOR THEM. the same can be said about recruiting. who wants to join a lost cause? if there was no reporting about it, that is what it would be. by reporting it we PROVE that they are acomplishing SOMETHING. that gain them recrits who believe in what they are doing.

now by ending troops againt them and changeing laws to deal with them we lend them CREADIBILITY. it PROVE that they are haveing an effect on us. yet another battle won. if they have an effect on u we may be willing to give them what they want ie: help them achive their goals. they figure that the more they hurt us the more likely they will get what they want.

the way to win againt them is to IGNORE THEM. if we don't report on it then their message is not advertised. they are not achiveing anything so they will not get as many recruits. if we do not report, then their mesage will not get passed on. if we do not fear them or change law to help try to stop them then they are looseing. in short the more we do, the more they win. the less we do, the les they will achive. THEY NEED EVEYONE TO KNOW WHAT THEY WANT, why do we give it to them? THEY NEED OUR FEAR. why do we give it to them in a public forum? THEY NEED TO BE SEEN HAVEING AN EFFECT ON US. so why do we change for them? this is why we are looseing the battle. we give them EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT AND NEED, this i why they are winning and continueing to get recruits.

if we want to win then we need to ignore the problem. now i am not saying that we hould just lie down and take it. but if an attack happens then there should be no report on it. we should never tell who did it or likely did it. there should be no picture or reports of the number of dead or injured. we should not take away freedom to deal with them. if we find a "cell" then they should be arrested and tried in a cloed to the media trial. no publicity at all for them to tell their meage to all. now if we were to do thi, then we would see an escalation at first. a try to get attention. if they continue to have no real effect then they will start looseing recruits. who wants to die for nothing? with less recruits they will be able to do less. they will starve from the lack of publicity, untill they eventualy die off. however if we continue the way we are going then they win.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Legalizer hit the nail on the head.

The Powers that Be (who also control our country) created our enemy "The Terrorist".

If you still think Osama and his posse took out the Trade Centers, you need to go back and do some more research. Plenty on these boards to get you started there

What really scares me is the rights we are losing or have already lost due to the war on terror.

Think about this. If you have enough information to believe that our country has been hijacked by Ultra-Rich old-money bankers and such, and you join a group that knows this to be the truth; and then said group starts demonstrations and awareness campaigns. How long before you find yourself in Cuba and labeled a terrorist.

The War on Terror is a double-edged sword. Those who believe the lie are afraid of the terrorists. Those who don't are too terrified of thier own government to act.

And to answer your question....we will not end the war on terror. The people that started it will, once we have lost all our rights or our lives.

Peace,

StickyG

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The way you win the 'war on terrorism' is win the hearts and minds of the people not by bombing the crap out of them

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
HEEEYOOOOOOO........YO

StickyG check out this link...www.popularmechanics.com...

This whole 9/11 conspiracy is bogus, and is the creation of many of the same radicals that are in this same forum.'

AND THE OOOOLD ARGUMENT... taking away FREEDOMS, PLEASE SIR, both sides of the political spectrum want to take away certain freedoms. FOR EXAMPLE.

Many many many lefties argue that the CURRENT administration wants to take away your privacy with the excuse of "Homeland Security".

Well i say what do you have to hide????.........)&&)&)&.......we wont go there....

AAAnd as for the lefties in POWER they want to take away silly things like, Smoking, eating fatty food, cuting down trees, not building Nuclear Reactors, OR any new Petro refineries DESPITE the fact they will help up get off the reliance of foreign oil. Thereby getting us out of silly MiddleEastern political disputes.

While the entire time we are being attack by an organized religion based MEDIA SUPPORTED military group bent of killing all Americans.

AND YOU DONT CARE because whatever is bad for America right now, is bad for Republicans.

I feel for your narrow thinking.

Bean.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yes, America has the most powerful army in the world, but if the enemy is hidden, you can't win...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
whether osama and his buddies, cheney and rummy or kang and kodos are responsible for 9/11 is almost irrelevant now (unfortunately)......because it has been used to start something that is an open ended money funnel directed to mostly the defense industry and the oil industry............its a sweet deal for these guys cause its not thier kids who are sent away to get vaporized by an ied in fallujah, its joe sixpacks kids. why would they want it to end? and if they were really serious about beating terrorism they would have a good long look at thier own often hypocritcal foreign policy since ww2 and look what has worked and what hasnt (for FOREIGN countries as well as the us)........also has anyone stopped and thought that some people might not actually want american style capitalist democracy?.........it is not the only form of workable democracy in exsistence contrary to popular mythology.......because for many, its not much of a swap from untouchable, all powerfull dictator to untouchable all powerfull multinationals........flame me up scotty

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkBean
I feel for your narrow thinking,
Bean.

I will read the link you posted in awhile, just wanted to discuss a couple parts of your post first. After reading this, please don't send THE MAN.

What do you feel for my narrow thinking? Sadness? Are you really sad because you think I'm a narrow minded republican? Well I am certainly not a republican, or a democrat, or any other political party affiliate. The U.S. of A political party is BROKEN folks! Name one president in the last 20 years that wasn't a Skull and Boner.

When I say "The Powers that Be", I refer to what many people call "The Illuminati". Whatever they're called, there is a small group (hundreds?) of ultra-rich powermongers from the old-world who found out long ago that it's more profitable to remain silently in-between. They not only control our country, but just about every other country in the world, both politically and economically. They are complete masters of propoganda and mind control and have set up an invisible network of agents in key positions of power worldwide. They control our banking, our natural resources, and our media, among other things. The network is complex, impenetrable, and untraceable. When leaks are found they are easily covered up with an overabundance of disinformation. Very few agents of the Illuminati network even know the full scope of what they are doing, including G.W.

I don't know all the facts or all the names and I can't prove any of this. No one can because they ARE THAT GOOD at hiding it! Some people have spent their entire lives trying to unravel this conspiracy and still they get swept aside as "official" info comes along to prove them wrong or crazy.

So please DarkBean, please don't feel sorry for me. I feel sorry enough for myself. My life was taken from me before I was even born, as was yours.

Peace,

StickyG

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Why exactly are we still fighting this war? I don't quite understand it. It seems to me that our original war is long over, and that this is an impossible war.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
StickyG.........CONTINUE to be CATTLE.......I for one have a way out. Of course your first thought is........SELLING OUT TO THE Illumati/MAN. Well sir, this just isnt the case.

Truth isnt the answer. Fact isnt the answer. LIFE isnt the answer.

(here comes the evil Neo-Con/Christian part)

Faith is your asnwer, may they torture me,my family, my life, my existence. I will always have my faith. And I know where that faith lays it's head at night.

bOOb

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The way you win the 'war on terrorism' is win the hearts and minds of the people not by bombing the crap out of them

Yeah easier said than done, I just don't see Akhmed on the corner who has believed all of his life that we are the great Satan and infidels, changing his mind about it.

Ox

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have to agree with you Omniscient, It's all but impossible to win a war on terrorism. As you said. This is just as common as crime, and it's just their version of crime in all reality, I read a quote from an Army commander in the Cincinnati Enquirer saying that "For every one insurgent we kill, we create three more" and that's just the plain truth of it. This is the scenario, I put take one of your men into custody, you put two of mine in the hospital, I put three of yours in the ground, You kill 5 of mine and some innocents just for fun, and it goes back and forth.

I think the only thing that can be done to stop or atleast level out the differences these people have, concerning Iraq anyway, is split it into several smaller states, One where the sunni's and #es etc can have their own little piece of land and their own room to move without coming across one another. Just a thought. The one thing that is definate is, is that it's going to take time, Time without people being killed, time to see that we are all here on this rock, we are all the same, we just believe different things, and is that really worth killing someone over?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join