It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and aliens do not exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm new here and would like to share one humble opinion about this whole subject. I don't claim to be very intelligent nor do I have any professional experience, my thoughts are simply based upon simple logic. I for one would love to believe in aliens and ufo's, being part of the "star wars" generation there is no bigger fantasy than making contact with space beings but just like santa clause the truth is far less exciting.

Do I believe there are life forms on other planets in the universe, absolutely, in fact I'm 100% sure the universe is packed full of life, It's just that big and we know it. That's the big problem, it's too big, so big that odds of an intelligent life form ever coming here are less than winning the lottery. We've spent the last 40 years checking out all the planets in our local solar system only to learn there are no signs of intelligent life here so knowing that it would need to come from another system and that my friends is just to far. I think a lot of people can't grasp just how far it is, to put it in perspective, the farthest man made object from earth is the voyager space probe, launched almost 30 years ago it is just now entering outer space, or the area beyond what is considered our solar system and all of the main bodies that make it up.

With our current technology it took 30 years to travel 8 billion miles and that is still considered "home", if we could travel at the speed of light, which many scientists say will never be possible unless you could turn yourself into a photon, it would still take 12 hours and you haven't even left town yet. 4 years to reach the closest star but no earth like planets and about 50 years to reach an earth like planet. Now to top it all off 50 years to get back and during that time 1000's of years would have passed for earth so no one is alive that you knew and you spent you whole life traveling somewhere just to stop in and say hi. Thats how far we are talking here.

Just in case you have to go to another galaxy because ours is empty, well that will take 100's of millions of years. I know some of you will say stuff like well they will have a technology that allows them to go from point A to point B in space and bend time and such. Well you are right about one thing, that is the ONLY way it will ever happen. I don't believe this is possible, there just isn't any solid facts to prove something like that is possible. It's not like 200 years ago and someone saying man will never fly, birds could fly, bugs can fly, heck even some fish can fly, for someone to say that while there were plenty of things around that were flying would have been just plain stupid. But to say it's possible to bend space and time to allow you to travel huge distances in short time while nothing we can observe can do this?

I'm not saying its impossible just very highly improbable and even 1000 more years of human technology is still not going to keep traveling that far anything that is worth doing for any reason other than you absolutely have to. So with that all said I don't see why "they" would even come here if they could and UFO's are much easier explained if you know enough about what can be in the sky. IN 2005 there is just too much crap up in the sky now to even assume such things, not to mention how much we still don't know about weather and the atmosphere and the plain and simple fact that we know for sure that powerful governments of the world have militaries that conduct too secret flight experiments, things that are designed to be unidentified flying objects.

My father is a pilot and hence I have spent a fair amount of time in the air and yet to see anything that couldn't be explained with knowledge of our current technology. If anyone else agrees please say so, if you don't please say so, IF you took the time to read this I appreciate it, It's been on my mind for about the last 30 years or so, thanks. :-)

EDIT: Editted by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Gazrok]
(edit to remove caps from title)

[edit on 3-6-2005 by pantha]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergenius74
even 1000 more years of human technology is still not going to keep traveling that far

supergenius74,

Just looking at what humans have accomplished in the past 70-50 years I don't think it will take 1000 years to come up with something. This also leads me to believe that our current tech was either givin to us or found and reversed engineered. Man has been on earth how long and in the blink of an eye we have some very high tech electronics. It does not add up to me.

If we keep moving at this current rate in the next 100 years there is going to be things that will blow our minds.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by netobrev]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am an alien and your lightweight physics don't apply to us. Even Quantum is for kids to play with. 30yrs OMG. The main reason we're here is for the music. Rock ON!!

Oh yeah "Human Technology" insert smiley face here!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

4 years to reach the closest star but no earth like planets and about 50 years to reach an earth like planet.

Nope, I belive the Zeta Reticuli star system is 37 lightyears away from Earth

Anyway, my oppinion is:
I belive it's likely that we are being visited by something (possibly Grays) considering the amount of evidence there is. I belive these creatures would be FAR ahead of our technology, therefore I don't see it as an impossibility that they would have knowledge and technology to somehow maybe bend time and space. I don't know much (infact, nearly nothing) about quantum physics, but that's about that kind of stuff right?

How much we (well, our government) knows on the subject, I don't know, but I'm guessing more than the public does.

Some pics:

Taken in 1932, Ohio

Taken 1926/1927, Oregon

Taken 1944, England

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So, you're SOLE argument against aliens and UFOs is the distance factor?

I'm sure the Europeans thought the idea of people beyond the Atlantic seemed equally fantastic prior to 1492...
Yet now we can fly across the pond in mere hours...

Unfortunately, your "logic" also demands that you completely ignore the thousands of documents, witnesses, including high ranking military officers, veteran pilots (military and domestic), the photographic and video evidence, etc. that all support the UFO/Alien phenomenon.

Quantum physics is now unravelling the mysteries of traversing space time in a non-linear fashion. Also, you're ignoring the many signs of life in our own solar system. NASA has stated there was once water on Mars. Europa also has signs of life. Clementine even detected evidence of ice on the Moon! And this is stated on the military's own site!

I'd recommend looking at the "Best Cases" thread stickied to the top of this forum. Read through some of those, and see if you still feel the same after seeing some of the evidence....

I know some of you will say stuff like well they will have a technology that allows them to go from point A to point B in space and bend time and such. Well you are right about one thing, that is the ONLY way it will ever happen. I don't believe this is possible, there just isn't any solid facts to prove something like that is possible.

Actually, I believe a photon has been successfully teleported...though the physics gurus would have to confirm this one... Japanese scientist I believe...a couple years ago.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Gazrok]

Kal

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Topic is "UFO's and Aliens do NOT exist"

then he says "the universe is packed with life"

?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Another good scenario of how it is possible that we could be visited by an advanced race is what would of happened if something didin't hit the earth and started the ice age. If that would of never happened then it would of been possible to have seen advanced dinosaurs or maybe early civilization.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kal
Topic is "UFO's and Aliens do NOT exist"

then he says "the universe is packed with life"

?

I would have to agree with him. It sounds a little hypocritical. You may think aliens don't exist bc you haven't seen a UFO. Believe me i felt the same way until I saw one. I travel all the time on planes and I know what I saw was not a plane or a satellite.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Supergenious, I respect your opinion. And thats all it is, an opinion.

Humans have only gone so far...HUMANS. Our technology is probably nothing compared to what can be out there. Sure, we've only seen 40 planets, wow
there billions of them out there. For the past 100 years technology has boomed. And don't think its the greatest tech either.

Just because you and your daddy haven't seen anything, it doesn't mean that there was nothing there to begin with. You can't prove that wrong, you just don't know.

You obviously think that humans are superior, well I hope not, or else you might as well call the universe America.

By the way, you're afraid to think that there might be something more powerful than us.

Thats just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sg74

Not everyone has proof for themselves that ETs are real and that they originate in this galaxy of 4.5 Billion star systems-----teaming with ultra intelligent life.

The lack of proof does not negate the fact that there are thousands if not millions of humans on this planet that do have personal proof (for themselves) ----unfortunately it can't be shared.

That's not my opinion that's my fact.

Your father probably knows too, being a pilot-----but for him to disclose things like that would jeopardize his job, that’s why many people in high positions keep that kind of knowledge to themselves.

Only two hundred years ago if you would have told someone that man would walk on the moon and that millions of people every single day move about the planet in huge aircraft they would have put you away.

BTW the present circus in Las Vegas is just that a circus.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The "they can't get here from there" argument against alien visitation is the most easily dismissed of all of them. It's also about 2 decades out of date.

I suggest anyone interested read book "Interstellar Travel" by John W. MacVey. It details several ways of getting "here from there", while obeying the laws of physics.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
OK then science is one thing, and belief is another one... But there we are: the belief that intelligent life, somewhere, has the science to reach us easily is now by a lot of scientist accepted fact. We simply don't know how...

So, believing is still just facing science facts. Now, tell me: do you believe? and also, do you believe science can make it?

Both of my answers are yes. We simply just don't know how yet. Time will show me right. (hopefully!
)

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Supergenious let me ask you a question. If humans can survive let's say another 2 million years what kind of technology do you think we would have? The technology of the gods I would think. Now realize that our galaxy alone could have thousands of civilizations 2,3, heck even 100 million years ahead of us. Perhaps then it is less difficult to fathom.

There are also other ways an advanced civilization could accomplish this, I suggest reading the brilliant theoretical physicists M. Kakus site for starters.
http.//www.mkaku.org

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Or take a look at a document present in flashy pdf format.

Zowie!!!

My Document site

enjoy

-Aza

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergenius74
...if we could travel at the speed of light, which many scientists say will never be possible unless you could turn yourself into a photon, it would still take 12 hours and you haven't even left town yet. 4 years to reach the closest star but no earth like planets and about 50 years to reach an earth like planet. Now to top it all off 50 years to get back and during that time 1000's of years would have passed for earth so no one is alive that you knew and you spent you whole life traveling somewhere just to stop in and say hi. Thats how far we are talking here.

The actual star system closest to earth is Proxima Centauri at 4.2 light years and you don't have to reach the speed of light, just get close to it and then you are only talking about a journey of 6-7 years to that system.

I know some of you will say stuff like well they will have a technology that allows them to go from point A to point B in space and bend time and such. Well you are right about one thing, that is the ONLY way it will ever happen. I don't believe this is possible, there just isn't any solid facts to prove something like that is possible.... But to say it's possible to bend space and time to allow you to travel huge distances in short time while nothing we can observe can do this?

www.hypography.com...

The link above will take you to a website with tons of info on current wormhole theory including insights from Dr Michio Kaku who is probably the most noted theoretical physisist investigating the subject. Granted these
ideas are "theoretical" but then so was television 75 years ago and the idea of breaking the sound barrier 60 years ago. Science marches on, man,
and at the rate our tech has progressed in the past 100 years, I don't think it's crazy to expect deep space and star flights within the next 50-100 years; nor do I think it's crazy to think that with life elsewhere
in the galaxy assumed, some would have begun earlier than us and advanced a lot farther.

Don't close your mind to possibilities, Supergenius.

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"There's no more blind than the one that doesn't want to see".

I should really add this to my sig.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Great bunch of paragraphs - it's your opening header (above) that speaks for the rest of your words. Have you studied the subject or perhaps just showing conjecture?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
well i think you are a fool to think that there isnt aliens, ok our galaxy is made of billions of star systems, ok the likleyhood of there being life is way high and many of these planets could harbor inttelegent life, we are not alone our planet is one of many planets that harbor life nuf said

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You know, I never gave a second thought to Bigfoot. Then one night I saw one with my own eyes. This presented me a unique situation. You see, if someone tells me they saw a UFO, all I can say is, "Not a problem dude, i saw a Bigfoot." Same with ghosts, chupacabra's and just about anything else you want to say doesn't exist.

I've never seen an Angel, but just about all of mankind believes in them, regardless of their religion.

For the record, I do believe UFO's are real. Since i've never been formally introduced to the occupants I have no idea if they are from another planet or not. I'm starting to suspect they might simply be a higher form of life that is native to this world and yet we are not aware of.

Stranger things have happened.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by netobrev
If we keep moving at this current rate in the next 100 years there is going to be things that will blow our minds.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by netobrev]

I think it'll be more in the lines of:

"If we keep moving at the current rate, in the next 100 years, there is going to be things that will blow us up all at once."

Technological advances of the current age together with the deterioration of world wide diplomatics is starting to look rather bad for the future.

As one of the greatest minds in recent history once said when asked how WWIII would be fought:

"I have no idea what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but at the current rate, I do know 100% certain that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."

This man offcource was Albert Einstein.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join