It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

322 and the skull and bones, whats in a number ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
is it just a lodge number ?
is it the date of the death or a greek orator ?
Is there somthing else to it ?

www.virtuescience.com...
According to the Skull and Bones Society lore in 322 B.C., a Greek orator died. When he died, the goddess Eulogia, the goddess, whom Skull and Bones called the goddess of eloquence, arose to the heavens and didn't happen to come back down until 1832, when she happened to take up residence in the tomb of Skull and Bones.

www.infoplease.com...
Demosthenes , 384?–322 B.C., Greek orator, generally considered the greatest of the Greek orators. He was a pupil of Isaeus, and—although the story of his putting pebbles in his mouth to improve his voice is only a legend—he seems to have been forced to overcome a weak voice and delivery. After years of private practice in law, he became a political orator in 351 B.C. when he delivered the first of three Philippics. Philip II of Macedon had been steadily building power, and Demosthenes saw clearly the danger to Greek liberty in the great Macedonian state. The Philippics (the second in 344, the third in 341) and the three Olynthiacs (349), in which he urged aid for Olynthus against Philip, were all directed toward arousing Greece against the conqueror

www.utm.edu...
Aristotle was born in 384 BCE. at Stagirus, a Greek colony and seaport on the coast of Thrace. His father Nichomachus was court physician to King Amyntas of Macedonia, and from this began Aristotle's long association with the Macedonian Court, which considerably influenced his life. While he was still a boy his father died. At age 17 his guardian, Proxenus, sent him to Athens, the intellectual center of the world, to complete his education. He joined the Academy and studied under Plato, attending his lectures for a period of twenty years. In the later years of his association with Plato and the Academy he began to lecture on his own account, especially on the subject of rhetoric.

aleph0.clarku.edu...
The clay tablet with the catalog number 322 in the G. A. Plimpton Collection at Columbia University may be the most well known mathematical tablet, certainly the most photographed one, but it deserves even greater renown. It was scribed in the Old Babylonian period between -1900 and -1600 and shows the most advanced mathematics before the development of Greek mathematics.

www.commondreams.org...
AMY GOODMAN: Our guest is Alexandra Robbins. Her book is, "Secrets of the Tomb: Skull and Bones, The Ivy League and the Hidden Paths of Power.” Alexandra Robbins, the number.

ALEXANDRA ROBBINS: That would be 322.

AMY GOODMAN: Explain the significance of that.

ALEXANDRA ROBBINS: Okay. So, according to Skull and Bones lore, and this is something that both Senator Kerry and president bush would have learned, in 322 B.C., a Greek orator died. When he died, the goddess Eulogia, the goddess, whom Skull and Bones called the goddess of eloquence, arose to the heavens and didn't happen to come back down until 1832, when she happened to take up residence in the tomb of Skull and Bones. Now Skull and Bones does everything in deference to this goddess. They have songs or they call them that sacred anthems that they sing when they are encouraged to steal things, some remarkably valuable items, supposedly, they are said to be bringing back gifts to the goddess. They begin each session in the tomb, and they meet twice weekly by unveiling a sort of a guilt shrine to Eulogia. That's the point of the society. They call themselves the Knights of Eulogia. That's where the 322 comes in.

Eulogia
(Greek eulogia, "a blessing").

JUAN GONZALEZ: John Kerry, in terms of the number 322.

ALEXANDRA ROBBINS: I spoke with somebody close to Kerry, a member of Skull and Bones. He said that Kerry actually uses 322 as a code in his daily life.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
United States started in 1776. The number 322 is a combination number, which is why it is important. It is because of ALL the applicable meanings that it is significant, not because of one interpretation.

Backwards, it reads 223. Add 223 to 1776, and you get 1999.
But add 223 to America's true independence, in 1789, and you get 2012.

Forward, though, it is a combination of 32 and 22, or maybe 33 and 23?

It is symbolic of 'The Great Plan', which is the continuously on-going work of all dedicated members to the cause.

Thats the main components, if anyone wants to guess why they consider those numbers important, feel free.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe they just wanted to be simple, and picked it bc it was there favorite number.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
Maybe they just wanted to be simple, and picked it bc it was there favorite number.

LOL has anyone ever thought of that before? lol i coulndt have said it better myself. why is it EVERYTHING has to have an answer. Maybe it's a question that wasnt meant to be answered.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
you're right, don't bother to ask questions

www.prisonplanet.com...
Take a look at the hulking sepulcher over there. Small wonder they
call it a tomb. It's the citadel of Skull and Bones, the most
powerful of all secret societies in the strange Yale secret-society
system. For nearly a century and a half, Skull and Bones has been
the most influential secret society in the nation, and now it is one
of the last.
In an age in which it seems that all that could possibly be
concealed about anything and anybody has been revealed, those blank
tombstone walls could be holding the last secrets left in America.
You could ask Averell Harriman whether there's really a
sarcophagus in the basement and whether he and young Henry Stimson
and young Henry Luce (Time magazine) lay down naked in the coffin
and spilled the secrets of their adolescent sex life to 14 fellow
Bonesmen. You could ask Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart if
there came a time in the year 1937 when he dressed up in a skeleton
suit and howled wildly at an initiate in a red-velvet room inside
the tomb. You could ask McGeorge Bundy if he wrestled naked in a
mud pie as part of his initation and how it compared with a later
quagmire into which he so eagerly plunged. You could ask Bill
Bundy or William F. Buckley, both of who went into the CIA after
leaving Bones - or George Bush, who ran the CIA / President -
whether their Skull and Bones experience was useful training for
the clandestine trade. ("Spook," the Yale slang for spy.) You
could ask J. Richardson Dilworth, the Bonesman who now manages the
Rockefeller fortune, just how wealthy the Bones society is and
whether it's true that each new initiate gets a no-strings gift
of fifteen thousand dollars cash and guaranteed financial security
for life.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow, thats really interesting SHP. Why are any of these groups concerned with dramatists and playwrights???

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
thats the puzzling part ! why is rhetoric and oratory the center of the ritual ? maybe they use it to steer the masses ?

I also read the coffins and skulls are to remind them of how life is short, and they shouldn't spend it at the yacht club, but making their mark in the world.....like reshaping the middle east

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
United States started in 1776. The number 322 is a combination number, which is why it is important. It is because of ALL the applicable meanings that it is significant, not because of one interpretation.

Backwards, it reads 223. Add 223 to 1776, and you get 1999.
But add 223 to America's true independence, in 1789, and you get 2012.
Forward, though, it is a combination of 32 and 22, or maybe 33 and 23?
It is symbolic of 'The Great Plan', which is the continuously on-going work of all dedicated members to the cause.
Thats the main components, if anyone wants to guess why they consider those numbers important, feel free.

OK. I'll "feel free"

Let's see here...

In your foward/backward theme, you forgot that 1776 backwards is 6771. Add 322 to that and you get 7093, the sum of which (70+9+3=) is 82. The reverse of 1789 is 9871, (9+7+8+1=25) 82 + 25 = 107.

1789 + 322 + 107 = 2218 (2+2+1+8 = 13)

This is symbolic of the "great plan" to have the number 13 recur on the back of the One Dollar Bill to keep conspiracy nuts busy when they should be working instead of playing on the computer, thus causing them to get fired and file for unemployment, which takes money from the tax base, which causes higher taxes and everyone to be more dependant on the Government.

Conspiracy is afoot there! by golly!

Yeah..I know it's a bunch of made-up silly crap and playing with numbers...but it's exactly what YOU did. I'm just man enough to admit that it means nothing and that I'm not trying to make people believe that your silly "numerology" (for lack of a proper term) is B.S. and no thinking person would give it a second though.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
.... Skull and Bones has been
the most influential secret society in the nation, and now it is one
of the last....

.... lay down naked in the coffin
and spilled the secrets of their adolescent sex life to 14 fellow
Bonesmen.

.... he dressed up in a skeleton
suit and howled wildly at an initiate in a red-velvet room inside
the tomb. ..... if he wrestled naked in a
mud pie as part of his initation

So all this getting naked and telling sex secrets makes it "one of the most influential societies" ?

How very peculiar.

I'm sure glad Masons don't have to do that. I'd be likely to convert to Catholicism and become a Knight of Columbus.

You've named a few well-known (or semi-well-known) people...but what about the S&B members who are virtually UNKNOWN? Could it be that these particular people who've become well-known just HAPPENED to have belonged to S&B.

What about well-known, influential men who were Sigma Chi's or Kappa Alphas or Tau Kappa Epsilons (I don't know of any of them getting naked and telling sex secrets...but you get the point....well, actually you probably don't)

[shrug]

[edit on 3-6-2005 by senrak]

Cug

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Is this the "new math" they talked about after I left school?

I do have a question for the numbers people.

All this math is to prove occult influences that are working behind the scenes correct?

Now I'm an Occultist, and I'm pretty sure it's the same Occult that is referred to as we share the same books.
Anyway that is not the way an Occultist uses numbers! We don't play with numbers to get them to mach words, we play with numbers to get them to match other words.

An example is in my sig.

93 = Thelema, 93 = Agape so Will(Thelema) =93 love(agape)=93 are related.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. The Law is Thelema, Thelema = 93 so that's the first line of my sig

Love is the Law, Love under Will. in this line we have Love = Law so that equals 93 Love under Will = Will/law so that makes 93/93

thus

93 93/93

means

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
Love is the law, love under will

That is how an occultist uses numbers.

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Cug]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Actually they picked the number 322 because that is the year, BC, in which the Greek patriot society founder Demosthenes died. What that has to do with their fraternity, I don't know, but that's why they use it.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Actually they picked the number 322 because that is the year, BC, in which the Greek patriot society founder Demosthenes died. What that has to do with their fraternity, I don't know, but that's why they use it.

which brings right back the part of the thread where it was brought up, why is an orator so significant to them ? The knights of Eulogia....eloquence, oratory = control ?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And if you don't think that those 93's mean 666 in a different interpretation, then thats fine for you.

Its all about 33 and 11. 93 however, has both encoded, when neither is apparent. Yeah, occultists don't hide things, ask an alchemist.

So we have 31 x 3=93

We know this IS significant, because 93 has NO other factors

13 comes later, in terms of significance. (Yes, 31 and 13 ARE related, and it does have to do with why Crowley chose the number)

In this case, it has EVERYTHING to do with the Trinity, the 3 that are 1 (hmm, 1 and 3, 3 and 1, where did I break those down?)

And we determine the meaning of Thelema and Agape, its not decided for us, so I don't see how that makes it equal to Love, and Will. It seems like a slight re-definition of the phrase, to mean Will equal to desire, and Love is the same as Lust.

And nice one with the 6771, Oan. We already broke down 1776 for you, though?
1110+666, remember? So your interpretation is almost as right as mine, despite you having no logic (nor being able to see where there should be logic) as to why this should be so.

So yeah, here is 93 in its trinity form. (and I will add the divisor as well, but in the same form, for a different use)
3 1 3 1 3 1 | 3 1
3 1 3 1 3 1 | 3 1
3 1 3 1 3 1 | 3 1

We can see here the important numbers of 333 and 111. If you don't know what is important about this above, let me show (as opposed to 'demon'strate, ha ha ha, come on people, get a sense of humor).
333 +111+ 333+111+333+111+333+111
What would you expect?

Except of course: 1776
Of course!

Its all there, people, but I gno it is easier not to see it.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by akilles]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Its just something they base their ideals on. Its no big deal. Its just a fun college club that also helps one become a better person. Its just like a Fraternity.

Cug

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

And we determine the meaning of Thelema and Agape, its not decided for us, so I don't see how that makes it equal to Love, and Will.

You are correct! WOW never thought I'd say that. No the meanings of Thelema and Agape are not decided by us... it's decided by the Greek Dictionary as they are Greek words that mean Will and Love.

As for the rest. Frankly that is your occult belief and they simple don't apply to me. But I'd still like to find where you came across them.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, a better person at keeping secrets.
Fun times with other guys only!

And their ideals are not open to the rest of us to see, doesn't this make their ideals different from our own, already?

And to the people who don't think 1776 and 322 are related, I suggest looking at the number 32 and 22, for starters. 22 is called the master builder number, hmmm, sounds like that could be related to masonry...

32, I think I have seen that in relation to something, like the number of rituals....

Lets just cut to the big stuff. What happened 23 years after America got its independence? 1789+23= 1800+12, yep, the War of 1812.

And that was 13 years after the initial declaration of Independence, that it 'won' it, right?

So my question is, if that was scheduled, what is scheduled for the 200 year anniversary (of the War of 1812)?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
which brings right back the part of the thread where it was brought up, why is an orator so significant to them ? The knights of Eulogia....eloquence, oratory = control ?

Because they are a debate society!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Cug, I looked in a Greek dictionary.

And I don't know why you insist on unnecessary Gematria.
So I am pretty sure I have got the right words, but I just couldn't read Agape or Thelema ANYWHERE! Hmmm...

So anyway, they are English words, perhaps of Greek origin. But like I said, its all about 1 and 3, the 3 in the one, etc.

So we have Agape (1, 7, 1,7, 5) =[21] 3
And Thelema (2, 8, 5, 3, 5, 4, 1) =[28] 1

You ask me where I learnt the occult methods as if I am making it up. I like that.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
To clarify, these are the dictionary pages I looked at.

Its ALL Greek to me.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by akilles]

Cug

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Cug, I looked in a Greek dictionary.

And I don't know why you insist on unnecessary Gematria.
So I am pretty sure I have got the right words, but I just couldn't read Agape or Thelema ANYWHERE! Hmmm...

Looks like it's time for you to get a new Greek dictionary!

This is from a bible study website.. so you don't think it's an "Occult" thing.

Thelema www.studylight.org...
Agape www.studylight.org...

[[edit]]
I just saw your last post.
Agape is the first bold word under love
Thelema is the second bold word under will

So anyway, they are English words, perhaps of Greek origin. But like I said, its all about 1 and 3, the 3 in the one, etc.

So we have Agape (1, 7, 1,7, 5) =[21] 3
And Thelema (2, 8, 5, 3, 5, 4, 1) =[28] 1

It's Greek you use Greek gematria (isopsephy).

Thelema = Θελημα
Θ (Theta) = 9 +
ε (Epsilon) = 5 +
λ (Lambda) = 30 +
η (Eta) = 8 +
μ (Mu) = 40 +
α (Alpha) 1
= 93

Agapé = Αγαπη
Α (Alpha) 1 +
γ (Gamma) 3 +
α (Alpha) 1 +
π (Pi) 80 +
η (Eta) 8
= 93

You ask me where I learnt the occult methods as if I am making it up. I like that.

I have asked you several times what gematria you were using. There are many for English (And IMHO they all are left a bit wanting compaired to Greek and especially Hebrew Gematria).

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Cug]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join