It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Experiment With 'Trust' Hormone (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Chalk one up for "behavior control". Swiss and American scientists are experimenting with a human hormone called oxytocin. Apparently, this hormone plays a role in a person's "trust". So, scientists being who they are, are finding ways to use this knowledge "to treat disorders". Their NEXT experiment will involve mapping the "brain circuits" involved in these thought patterns.

apnews.excite.com
Trust in a bottle? It sounds like a marketer's fantasy, like the fabled fountain of youth or the wild claims of fad diets. Yet that's what Swiss and American scientists demonstrate in new experiments with a nasal spray containing the hormone oxytocin.

After a few squirts, human subjects were significantly more trusting and willing to invest money with no ironclad promise of a profit.

The researchers acknowledged their findings could be abused by con artists or even sleazy politicians who might sway an election, provided they could squirt enough voters on their way to the polls.

"Of course, this finding could be misused," said Ernst Fehr of the University of Zurich, the senior researcher in the study, which appears in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature. "I don't think we currently have such abuses. However, in the future it could happen."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And just when I thought they had found enough ways to "modify" our behavior...
I really don't know what to say about this one. Combine this knowledge with chemtrails or something and you have the most docile, trusting mass of people in existance. Wouldn't politicians just LOOOOOVE to get their grimy little hands on this...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It sounds like it could also be used in interrogation. Good find.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ahh well you beat me to it. This is rather interesting nonetheless and everyone must definetly read up on it. Lets get this up there.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
the way people are losing trust in their governments, I think they might want to hurry up with the research, maybe???

I mean, they will definately want to lace our water supply with it before the next election, otherwise, well, the two major parties might lose their power to a lowly third party at this rate, and well, that would be humiliating, wouldn't it?

top topics

join