It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and sleep poralysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Was watching TV tonight, I believe discovery channel and they were showing some pretty convincing evidence through research with regards to: alien abductions, visitations as well as evil spirit visitations and out of body experiences caused by sleep poralysis.

I visited a site really quick and they are taking a fun survey on peoples experiences with sleep poralysis to help out the research. We have all had some of these experiences. Site has lots of info on this subject.

watarts.uwaterloo.ca...

Here are some questions posed from that survey. It's quite frightning all the different experiences people have with SP.

Sometimes when falling asleep or when waking from sleep, I experience a brief period during which I am unable to move, even though I am awake and conscious of my surroundings.

On these occasions I have tried to speak or call out but was unable to do so.

Sometimes during these experiences people have 'false awakenings', that is, they believe that they sit up, get out of bed, and even engage in various activities, only to find themselves suddenly back in bed waking up again. Have you ever had this sort of experience?

During the experience I had the feeling of a presence in the room with me. (What is meant here is an awareness of something present, independently of actually seeing or hearing anything.)

During the experience I had a sensation of floating.

During the experience I imagined that I saw a something: a shape, person or being of some kind.

During the experience I felt pressure on my chest or other part(s) of my body.

During the experience I felt like I had temporarily left my body.

During the experience I was able to see my own body as if from an outside vantage point.

During the immobility I had the sensation of being physically touched?

Many people have indicated that they saw aliens standing at the foot of their bed or sometimes even sitting on top of them holding them down !

Sounds like someone thought they got the anal prope, when in reality they just had a hellucination brought on by a sleeping disorder !

Could we have just discovered the truth about alien visitaions and abductions ??

Alot more on site as well as others on this topic.

Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

25 lookylose and no responses ?

Do the Aliens not like being explained ?

This is Great !!! Does this mean that the 25 do believe in Aliens and don't want thier belief crushed or debunked ?

I will check back later to see if any beings reply with any info.

Nanoo Nano

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think sometimes people probably do mistake sleep paralysis for being abducted however some cases can not be so easliy explained. Like the ones that happen during the middle of the day or this one. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That's a great story for sure. I will take the time to read it thoroughly to bring up any questions I might have.

I just started researching UFO's again. I had an interest as a young boy in Aliens and Ufo's but lost interest with no real convincing evidence of any kind.

Now twenty years later the bug hit me again with the recent rise of sightings and I am approaching this from a totally different angle. I am actually researching this from the angle of God in the Christian Bible and it's becoming more clear that it is talking about UFO's and other beings from another dimension.

Who new ??

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
i may be wrong but isnt it small doses of radiation (pylons or mobile masts) can cause the brains electrical nerves to give the feeling of being touched or some1 walking around you

also i have problems sleeping just last night i heard a fire alam (i thought it was ) but when i tried to wake other my brother up he say can you hear this then 5 mins later it was gone then after that a deep drumming noise . quite common for me to think a tv is on when it is perfectly quiet .
sry if that has gone off topic

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I am a "believer in all this alien business"
and i also 100% believe in the first post, i think 99.9% of abductions are exactly that since i've had sleep paralysis and on the first time thought it was an abduction lol - green figure sitting on my chest!, after searching the net i quickly found it was a classic case of sleep paralysis.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by awesomeade]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthisoutthere
Could we have just discovered the truth about alien visitaions and abductions ??

Abductions or alien sightings are simply too much to be explained away with simple sleep paralysis... Especially since we are many times talking about people being awake! Whether this would be a big chunk of the pressumed abductions is another matter.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by merka]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think some people have mistaken sleep paralysis for abductions but not all of them are so easily explained away. There have been many instances of people getting sick from being exposed to these crafts, and having classic symptoms of being exposed to radiation. Take the Betty & Barney Hill experience for instance she was shown a map of the stars and shown which one her abducters were from, she later drew this map but of course the star was not there on the current map we had, later technology would reveal that such a star was indeed there where she said it was.
I myself have had an experience with sleep paralysis and it was very frightening though I did not associate it with an abduction, I can recall feeling very disoriented by the experience. But I was also very aware that I was in my bed and trying to wake myself up more so I could move.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Only time I had sleep paralysis was when I was 21. I was playing around with astral projection at the time (which I stopped after this experience).

I went to be around 10pm, shut my eyes and it seemed almost instantaneous that is was 8am the next morning. ( i later found out). I don't remember dreaming at all that night.

When I awoke, I couldn't open my eyes, my chest was heavy and I couldn't move. I was gripped with fear and slowly opened my eyes to see this figure floating above me. It was humanoid shaped with big eyes (but I had been reading Whitley Striber's 'Communion' book as well).

I prayed for this thing to be gone. Then the pressure was relieved and this "thing" just kinda evaporated through my ceiling.

Definitely the wierdest experience of my life.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Truth, suggest you change spelling to paralysis to help those who use the search function.

My sleep paralysis has been related to demonic activity. What I mean is, I did not perceive aliens, but felt that I was being attacked by something demonic. I guess it would depend on your own perceptions. My background at the time was heavily religious, so I suppose my fears were manifest as demons rather than aliens. Had I been heavy into UFOs at the time, they may have been manifeted as aliens.

top topics

join