It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Tennessee legislators arrested by FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sorry if someone else has already posted this; it happened this morning but I can't find a post on it and very little info on it anywheres else either. Apparently from what I can understand the FBI set up a bogus company and made illegal contributions to these politicians and they got them accepting them on tape being fully aware that the donations were illegal. At any rate thats what I can make out from the reports, but don't hold me to it, theres not enough info to be sure out there yet on what is going on.

I wonder if there will be anymore arrests made and if all politicians were targeted or just select ones and if there were select ones why were they chosen? Anyway I expect this should get interesting. If you got any info please post a link.

www.wbir.com...

Indicted Senator Ward Crutchfield and Representative Chris Newton came to work Friday. Senators John Ford and Kathryn Bowers, the other two indicted lawmakers, did not.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think it has to do with a grand jury probe of John ford

And before people toe thier respetive partisan lines before attacking the other side. Ward Crutchfield and Chris newton are Democrat and Republican , respectivly

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I still can't understand how sting operations like this one aren't entrapment. You give someone enough cash, and chances are they'll cave. This is along the lines of dealing drugs on a street corner and arresting anyone who comes in the house or putting a fake prostitute on the corner and arresting the folks who go to her. They never would have committed the crime had the law not been there. Entrapment is illegal. Why isn't this?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Guys this isn't anything really, just a day in the life of a few who got busted. This is a snapshot, a single frame of a really ugly movie, one of those rarities where all the characters are really bad guys.

Here's a good example, look at some of the names that were attached to Hollinger...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Two party illusion aside, what would be really intersting is to find out who these guys were trying to oppose right before they got busted, what kind of legislation they were fighting perhaps, who knows. I'd say this is a good example of Bad guys meet Worse Guys.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Actually twitchy this is what I am hoping to find out too, why these certain politicians were targeted, it would be great if some journalist somewheres would look into this more but I doubt the mainstream news will, their too busy avoiding real news and telling what Michael Jackson is wearing and what new commercial Paris Hilton is doing next week. Anyway I am going to start looking for the info will post it if I find anything more.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Scroll halfway down the page of this link and you will be able to read the actual indictments, www.newschannel9.com...
I'm currently researching to see what else I can find.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   

110 years in prison and a $1.5 million fine.

Yeah, I think it is safe to say they pissed somebody off man.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Scroll halfway down the page of this link and you will be able to read the actual indictments, www.newschannel9.com...
I'm currently researching to see what else I can find.

Here is a great link that explains it all a lot more, apparntly this investigation Operation Tnennessee Waltz has been going on for two years now.
channel5web1.atiba.com...

They played a tape of Senator Ford taking a bribe and threatening to shoot a guy if he was an FBI agent, here is the transcript of what they played in court I assume, if they got this much on the others wow they are up a certain creek without a paddle

[edit on 28-5-2005 by goose]
//ed to shorten link//

[edit on 28-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Twitchy, I agree, it would be good to see what legislation they were involved in.
The older I get, the more I wonder if political parties really mean anything?
For example; the Bushes are supposedly for family values, yet the debaucle and rude spectacle Laura put on at that dinner is far from the kind of family values I want in my home! Maybe we're better off with a blantant infidel like Slick Willy, at least we knew he'd come down on the side if immorality.
Banjo

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This kinda stuff really miffs me. I mean, I'm a democrat, so for one I don't like the tarnish this kinda stuff gives to our party. But regardless, this stuff just happens way to much with any politician now, no matter what the party.

I want to know where the disconnect happened between politicians and reality?

Why is it that more often than not, this power is correupting so many more people, or at least it seems this way?

It's as if they feel they are entitled to more money and power just because of what they do.

If these guys are guilty, they need to be punished. I'd just like to see an all out investigation of polticians all over the place, a big time crackdown, or housecleaning if you will. Get rid of all this crap, and leave the good ones left, so that maybe during the next election cycle some honest people can get in.

While I may not agree with the people elected, at least I'd be able to trust they're honest.

Ah well, it's a pipe dream. A boy can dream, can't he?

-O

join