It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutism is the terrorism of today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I've noticed something not only on these and other boards, but through the discourses of world leaders, a distrubing trend of absolutism. As more interdepent we allow ourselves to become, the more rampant is the clash of ideals and ethos; the more rampant and bloody have conflicts become. Countries with great economic and military power are automaticly given the lime light as the sole touters of world forum and basic guidlines for lesser countries to abide by regardless of thier own violations of human rights. Absolutism has spurred a great deal of terrorism, as I currently see it - as I seem to change my mind upon further contemplations.

As current rhetoric would have it, Islamic terrorists fight for Allah, subordination and seclusion, and the American President fights for God, Subordiniation to the will of western interests, and complete transparency.

Whose right, and whose wrong?

Deep

[edit on 27-5-2005 by ZeroDeep]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't think anyones right or wrong, both exist in the curren time frame. Regarding absolutism if you look at every war in the 20th century, and in some instances before then (Crusades,) the Bush line "You're either with us or against us," applied in every instance without it being so blatantly stated. Ideology has defined conflict in the 20th century and apparently in the 21st as well, it is unfortunately an undeniable factor in any conflict; and I don't see it changing any time soon.

new topics

join