It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is becoming obsolete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Losing it's edge, should I say?

I don't know what's going on ATS anymore. What's all this BS about 'Take back ATS'? Those people should just shut the hell up. I see people talking about that like they've been on this board since it's beginning. I don't see any veterans getting into that #, only the newbies.

I don't blame any of the vets for leaving ATS. It's being overrun by people on powertrips thinking they know everything and anything about this board. I'm about to ghost from this board if this continues to happen.

What ever happened to the fun we used to have? Now it's take back that. People have been caught up on this conspiracy talk so much, they think they're living one.

I say shut the hell up about this take back crap, it was never yours to begin with. How can you take something back that was never yours.

If you don't like it, leave- don't complain.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thank you...

Though obsolete we are not.

There is a discomforting undercurrent of compaint from people who really have little else to do.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I agree,
If "TBATS" dont like what is going on with this forum then leave. This forum is open to the public to run and post topics, not just a chosen few who think they are more enlightened then the others.

This is not preschool.
If you simply dont like a post dont read it.
Deep

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i dont think ATS is obsolete, its just different from what it once was. the board is dynamic, the people on it are dynamic and as a result things change and will continue to change as the people on the board change.

some people who saw the board one way are no longer happy with the way they see it now. though stuff mcguff. zero makes an excellent point. this board IS open to the public and cannot please everyone.

if ANYONE is truly unhappy with the board then simply leave. complaining isnt going to change it, if anything this complaining and "silent protesting" are making things worse.

and zero is right, this is not preschool, deal with the way the board is and will be in the future and just accept not everyone is going to post the way that pleases you or start up your own board.

ive said it a few times on this board before, this isnt our board, we are just guests here and you dont go into someone elses house and tell them whats what even with a "silent protest". its their house, their rules and noone makes you show up. dont like it? then stick to those you do like and ignore everyone else but dont bring the board down with the "silent protest" BS.

you can not take back that what was never yours to begin with. you are grasping at the wind.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhispersInTheDark
You have only begun.

ATS is more important than you can possibly imagine.

Do not let the detractors win. Their ruse of quality is not as it seems, it is a plan of disruption.

This site has been noticed. It is not a bad omen.

lol spare us Riddler, we arent in the mood for your games. at least i'm not. dont make me go batman on you!

at this point you're about as sharp as a bowling ball and less useful than a football bat.

lurk more post less.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I love this place.
I love most of the topics.
Great people; knowledgeable people here.
Obsolete? No.
I will admit to not being coined a 'veteren' and to not having been here as long as most.
But I do know this.....if I had the ability to remove this "Way Above Top Secret" badge/award of recognition, I would most assurdly do so and give it to you Illmatic.
For some reason, I had to say that....it must have been the volumes of 'truth' that it spoke!
What you have said is to the point, concise and speaks a 'truth' that no amount of conspiracy can hold a candle to.
Well said Illmatic....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is one of those threads that pisses me off. Long standing members are leaving due to the imature acts of newbs. this should not be tolorated any more i Vote for a zero tolerence policy to be inacted for newbs. If oyu really want to be hear this shouldnt be a problem. I would much rather have a few Great posters then a ton of bad posters

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure how many people would actually PAY to read the Forum material at this site or commercially to more powerfully target the kinds of prospective customers here with subtle paid-for advertising.

Freedom to post can't bring about obsolescence, it's like saying your tongue is obsolete.

But exercise of editorial control seems to be the key issue from the 'what to do' standpoint. People post 'stupid' things, what do you do about it?

I still maintain that the greatest form of editorial control is in the member's index finger and the Ignore button. In my opinion it is not shameful to use it when it's warranted. Who cares if there is some non sequitur in your posts as a result? As long as what you are saying is worthwhile and correct, people will respect you for it and read your posts.

Illmatic, it looks like you got a 'standing ovation' somewhere along the line. That is a good look. Was it for this Topic? How long did it take you to get through all those U2U's? Well done.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
you people haven't resolved this crap yet? it's been 48 hours. that's plenty for most disputes. build a bridge and get over it, kids.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm not going to get into these discussions because I'd rather spend my time on the board reading the individual forums... but I have this to say for those who don't like it here:

Rense.com

Enough nuts there to keep you babbling for a few millennia.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I'm not going to get into these discussions because I'd rather spend my time on the board reading the individual forums... but I have this to say for those who don't like it here:

Rense.com

Enough nuts there to keep you babbling for a few millennia.

As Simon says this, groups of people start signing into Rense.com.

But this stuff has to stop.

Here's an idea: Add no more posts here. That would be a start.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Roger, Cammo

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
"Thank you...

Though obsolete we are not.

There is a discomforting undercurrent of compaint from people who really have little else to do."

Heh, I've been away from the board's for awhile now. I've had lot's to do. But truthfully, the forum isn't what it used to be. I feel we're being babied. I'm 23 year's old. I don't need to be babied. What really suck's .... It is a powertrip ....

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I agree,
If "TBATS" dont like what is going on with this forum then leave. This forum is open to the public to run and post topics, not just a chosen few who think they are more enlightened then the others.

This is not preschool.
If you simply dont like a post dont read it.
Deep

lol..yeah and it is also FREE...its not like they are losing money..
BTW...theshadowknows laughs because illmatic67 does not know how right he really is

[Edited on 8-8-2003 by theshadowknows]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am knew here, I like the BORED! it is refreshing!
I wonder what children think about GOD in this day and AGE!
My name is BOBO and I chase Fire Trucks when I can, because I can, I also lick my Balls cause I can! WOF WOF I am part Dog Part Wolf, please accept me, I am a lone wof! Part of the only part of the only
John Prine likes ME

BOBO

top topics

join