It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"USA watch your back, Osama is coming back"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This is what was shouted by about 200 muslims outside of the US Embassy in London last Thursday. I have looked for a thread about this but to my suprise I couldn't find anything. In response to Newsweek's false story about the flushed Koran, a former prisoner at Guantanamo, Martin Mubanga, led a rally of angry muslims.

In London, a former prisoner at Guantanamo told a demonstration outside the U.S. Embassy that guards at the camp had mistreated his Quran.

"This was one of the methods they used, throwing the Quran, my Quran, on the floor in my cell. This was in the first month at Camp Delta but it is not something that stopped, rather continued and increased," said Martin Mubanga, who was released from the prison in January.

"It's a shame we have had to wait for a magazine to publish and then retract a story concerning the treatment of the Quran," Mubanga said.

He spoke as about 200 protesters gathered outside the embassy, chanting "kill, kill George Bush" and other anti-American slogans. Many in the crowd covered their faces with scarves. A man with a megaphone led chants including "USA watch your back, Osama is coming back" and "bomb, bomb New York."

www.boston.com...

"Bomb, bomb New York."

IMO, this would be a great opportunity for some of the peaceful Muslims I keep hearing about to do a little speaking up. Why is there no attempt to defend themselves againsts these awful demonstrations. If the US held a rally against Bin Laden, that involved chants like "bomb Mecca", or showed footage of US citizens burning Koran, there would be a MAJOR outcry from millions of US citizens who are opposed to such acts of hatred and violence.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
No takers on this one huh? I'm a little suprised by that
I'd think that there would be a few more concerned about such public displays of anti-US agression is civilised places like London.

Here is another good link from CNN covering the event.

Their demonstration was held Friday near the steps of the embassy in Grosvenor Square, which was guarded by a small detail of police.

A British policeman said the language was offensive and unpleasant in the extreme. But police overlooked that and the fact that more than a few of the young men in the crowd covered their faces, technically a violation of British law, according to the police.

Shouting, "Down, down USA; down, down USA," the protesters called for the killing of Americans, the death of the U.S. president, the death of British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the bombing of Britain, and the annihilation of the U.S. capital: "Nuke, nuke Washington; Nuke, nuke Washington! Bomb, bomb the Pentagon."

Some of the militant Islamic rhetoric smacked of incitement to commit murder, CNN's Senior International Correspondent Walter Rodgers reported. "Death, death Tony Blair; death, death Tony Blair. Death, death George Bush," the protesters chanted.

"The only language we speak today is the language of jihad," said one protester.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by mpeake]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
No responses because this story isn't true. Americans and the English aren't allowed to protest anymore, remember.
All our rights have been taken away, so there's no way someone can actually say all that stuff.

Seriously though, it's PC now to shout stuff like this about America. Even if America didn't do anything. You didn't see Christians shouting kill all muslims when they used the bible as toilet paper. Funny stuff, this hypocrisy thing is.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
well, i agree this is a good time for 'peaceful' muslims to stand up. I however do not believe there are any by any definition of the word. Any religion that commands you to kill people who do not follow your faith is evil.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There are more than just english people in the UK........we are a united kingdom...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
well, i agree this is a good time for 'peaceful' muslims to stand up. I however do not believe there are any by any definition of the word. Any religion that commands you to kill people who do not follow your faith is evil.

Point to me where it says in the Qur'an to kill people who do not follow your faith?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
There are more than just english people in the UK........we are a united kingdom...

Good for you!

but it happened in London, so who cares about the rest of the UK!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What's your point?
Is this statement in defense of what happened?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The "defilement" of the quran would include anyone not of the muslim faith to even touch it. Example of some ways in which the quran can be defiled are

1. It is the inviolability of the Qur'an: not to touch the book or text of Qur'an except in the state of ritual purity in ablution (wuzu) Allah the Supreme states “None may touch it, except with ablution.” [Surah Waqiah -79] It is however permissible to touch books of Sacred Law (Shari'ah), Hadith, or Qur'anic tafsir, provided that most of their text is not Qur'an. 2. Not to recite it when in need of obligatory bath. 3. It is unlawful (haraam) for someone requiring a compulsory bath (ghusl) to touch the Qur'an, even if it the Book is in a cover. Allah the Supreme states “None may touch it, except with ablution.” [Waqiah -79] 4. When one finishes reading the Qur'an, not to leave it open. 5. Not to place other books upon the Qur'an, which should always be higher than all other books, whether they are books of Sacred Knowledge or something else. 7. Not to wipe it from a slate with spittle, but rather wash it off with water; and if one washes it off with water, to avoid putting the water where there are unclean substances or where people walk. 8. When writing the Qur'an, to do so in a clear, elegant hand. 9. Not to write it on the ground or on walls, as is done in some new mosques. 10. When passing it to someone, pass it with respect. Not to toss or throw it towards someone. 11. Not to enter the lavatory carrying the Holy Qur’an. This is a great sin – and if done so on purpose, it is Kufr (blasphemy).

With respect to the last 2, even keeping the quran in their cells would be considered a defilement as their "bathroom" is in the same room.
As mentioned above, new mosque defile the quran since they have some of the sacred texts written on the walls.

ETIQUETTES OF HANDLING THE HOLY QURAN

Now comes the double standards held by these muslims (I am not saying all muslims). They find no fault to desecrate to holy books and symbols of any other faith or nationality. They beleive that the burning of such icons and the urination on such is their right.
As to the claims of "flushing" the quran down a toilet, well, I would love to see the toilet that could even do that. All the toilets that I know of would bacl up immediately due to being clogged.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Good for you!

but it happened in London, so who cares about the rest of the UK!

Heh london may be in england but it still involves the rest of the UK.

Originally posted by mpeake
What's your point?
Is this statement in defense of what happened?

That this event involves more than england and the english, since most people dont know the geography of thier allies at all it does get quite anoying.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Corporate America used to "appeal to the 12 year old mind." Now things are more toward the infantile, appealing to the 8 year old mind or younger. It is the boogeyman folks! Yes Osama is the boogeyman and he is going to get you, that is why we need more men in black ski masks, badgeless and numberless who are going to be immune to lawsuits. Don't let that boogeyman get you now, surrender your hard bought constitutional freedoms now!

Sorry but I am not afraid of Osama folks, neither should I fear Islam. All the terrorists are sponsored by the military industrial prison gulag, 100 per cent. Oh don't forget a few mindless copy cats, but they are not sponsored. Face it, there is no more knee jerk reaction anymore to government idiocy, people are informed and they are watching you from every station. We are tired of your poster boy Osama, and all who imitate him to bolster war industries. Oh but fear the defense industries putting out more and more hardware, because they are taking aim at the American people at any time as objecting too strongly in a civilized manner.

The bottom line is simple, "study political science and war carefully so your children will sometime be enabled to play music and write poetry." Otherwise they are doomed to live out their lives as mindless goons.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That this event involves more than england and the english, since most people dont know the geography of thier allies at all it does get quite anoying.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

I guess I'm still confused as to what your point is. Nobody said that it was all English citizens at the rally. What is there to get annoyed at? What annoys me is the fact that stuff like this goes on with no one of the muslim faith speaking out against it.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Heh london may be in england but it still involves the rest of the UK.

What does? The not being able to protest part?
Well....maybe there are, but I didn't think there were as many protests in the other parts of the UK than there are in London. So why include them?

Most people don't know geography period.
Fortunately one of my degress is in geography (plus I have travelled all over) so I'm not in that category

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I guess I'm still confused as to what your point is. Nobody said that it was all English citizens at the rally. What is there to get annoyed at?

It was the use of the words "Americans and the English aren't allowed to protest anymore"
We dont like to be forgotten...

What annoys me is the fact that stuff like this goes on with no one of the muslim faith speaking out against it.

Yes that is worrying, there are a few explanations of why they might not go on the camera but with something this severe , you'd ONE would voice against...ethier that or it didnt get reported...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What does? The not being able to protest part?
Well....maybe there are, but I didn't think there were as many protests in the other parts of the UK than there are in London. So why include them?

I said this event includes the UK, I didnt say there is no right to protest or anything about that.

Most people don't know geography period.
Fortunately one of my degress is in geography (plus I have travelled all over) so I'm not in that category

Then why did you use "Americans and the English aren't allowed to protest anymore"...?
Because it was in england or just a slip of the tongue...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I find it amazing, all the outcry about their supreme book the Koran. Most people do not know that if one travels to some ME countries such as Saudi Arabia for example, you may not bring the Bible with you. your Bible will be confiscated and burned right in front of you. This is the respect they show for other religions. Why should they expect someone not of their faith to treat their "book" the way they would treat it. These people are so self centered and have no care for the individual rights of others. Its either your a Muslim or you are the enemy.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

That's kind of like saying all good christians should stand up and stop the bad ones. So, who's going to go stop the KKK??? Any takers?

I think this is a bit naive, to say the least.
BTW, the bible also says to kill people. Ever heard of stoning?

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Moe Foe]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I said this event includes the UK, I didnt say there is no right to protest or anything about that.

But that's what my whole comment was about. The right to protest or not.

How exactly does this event, which was a protest, "include" all of the UK?
I know protests happen in countries, but how are protests included in countries? That doesn't make sense.
Are you talking about the different peoples of the UK were included in the protests? Well whoopdeedoo. I never said they weren't. Neither articles says that btw so how do you know?

Then why did you use "Americans and the English aren't allowed to protest anymore"...?
Because it was in england or just a slip of the tongue...

That whole part of the post was written in jest, not to be taken seriously and oozing with sarcasm. I'm sorry you missed it.
I'm fully aware there's more than just the English in the UK. And hey, the next time there are major protests on the Shetland Islands or in Omagh, I'll include them too.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

But that's what my whole comment was about. The right to protest or not.

Yeah, you said english instead of british, I was correcting that.

How exactly does this event, which was a protest, "include" all of the UK?

Happened in our capitol, we're involved.

I know protests happen in countries, but how are protests included in countries? That doesn't make sense.

What are you going on about?

Are you talking about the different peoples of the UK were included in the protests? Well whoopdeedoo. I never said they weren't. Neither articles says that btw so how do you know?

No, I was tlaking about you saying enlgish instead of british.

That whole part of the post was written in jest, not to be taken seriously and oozing with sarcasm. I'm sorry you missed it.

Hardly oozing.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, most people well just don't care lol, they can wine all they want and say bomb bomb what ever, they not going to do it lol. most americans just don't care anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join