It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was in my arm?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've seen bugs and stuff in this forum, and doesn't crypto mean unknown? So this is [part of] some sort of unknown bug, presumably. [read: In my my, this topic fits here.]

Right up before my wrist, a week ago I felt something sticking out. Like a little bit of hard skin, so I tried to pick it out. It didn't work, skin came off, it bled, blah blah blah. So the scab came off today and I was playing with the little wound again, and the same pricky "dry skin" thing was still there. I pull it out, thinking it was just a bit of blood on the skin. I played with it some more to see that it looked like a part of something.

Without further adieu, I took some pictures on the Post-It on which I set it.

The pointy end is white or whitish, and that was the side the was sticking out, it wasn't that side that stabbed into me as you might expect. As you can see, it's about three millimeters long. I just hope it wasn't originally longer (it's still inside of me!)

If anyone can help me identify this strange foreign object, it would be much appreciated to know what was inside of me for about a week, if not more.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
From what I see in the Illustration it looks like some kind of shell animal, like a snail or slug.

Weird indeed....did it move on it's own since the three pics show a different positions for what looks to be a neck and head?

maybe its some sort of parasite infact a new species of leeches?

Not sure what to say but I may just want to keep an eye on this thread since it's one I can't explaine....

[edit on 21-5-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well, i think this is one of two things:

1. a thorn of some kind. have you been in any bushes recently?

2. this comes to mind when i see it, it looks like a broken off stinger of a scorpion. ever been stung by a scorpion or live in an area with scorpions?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Looks like a stinger, or a sticker or thorn from some sort of plant.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
No, it didn't move on its own, I just wanted to get different views of it, then remembered to set a scale.

I live in the Chicago suburbs, so probably no scopions around here. I thought it looked like that too, but what's weird is the sharp end was on the outside, as if it came from under my skin or there's another point still in me. And no to the bushes. I thought about that too. In fact, I can't think of any nature that I was around at the time.

Maybe I'll try to get more pictures tomorrow in better light.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by SmileyMan34]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
OK let me start of by saying it looks like a scorpion stinger.

and I also have a question.

Can you please take a picture with the stinger on the actual ruler? It looks like the ruler has been positioned to make the stinger look actually bigger then what it is. Im not calling you a liar but the background foucus and the ruler seem a bit odd. It may be cause of the difference in size of the stinger and ruler. Still looks like the ruler is further up then the stinger thuse changing the size from bigger to smaller or vice versa.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Scorpion sting did pop into my head straight away, so did it sting or burn or anything? Have you got a rash on your arm from where it was embedded.

If you think that there might be some still inside you, a visit to the docs may help.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Toe nail.
Lol, J/k

To me it just looks and sounds like a shard of wood became embedded in your arm.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Is that good for scale? Still about 3 mm.

No sting, no burn, the only reason I noticed was because I touched my arm around there.

Yep, I've got some freaky toenails, OR, it's someone else's! AHH! But yeah, I've been around a lot of wood (If I hear one sex joke, I swear. . .
), and I've never seen wood like this.

So most think it's a scorpion? Like a baby? What kind of scorpions are lurking around the Chicago burbs? I've never heard of any around here. It's a scary thing, whatever it is. Looks like something out of Half-Life.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
I've never seen wood like this.

You sure?

Theres a number of reasons why a scorpion may be in your area. Someones pet may have escaped, might have latched onto someones car or something and dropped off, zoo escapee or maybe Bigfoot coughed him up on his way home. Do you live near any dock yards? Because over here in Blitey scorpions live round some dockyards.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
THanks for posting the new pic. Much more believable to me now. There so many fake stories around here that im paranoid about believing every one of them. LOL. It still looks like a scorpion stinger. Where are you from?

EDIT: See where you from in your ATS thingy. I do think an area like OK would have a fair bit of scorpions. Some people have been known to get bitten while sleeping. Mayber thats what happend to you!

[edit on 5/21/2005 by AndrewTB]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It does resemble a small parasite thing, it actualy reminds me of a queen Goa'ould.
But yeah, tell us if you notice anything else strange.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I do think an area like OK would have a fair bit of scorpions.
[edit on 5/21/2005 by AndrewTB]

Ha, actually that's my mood, I should probably change it to say "Okay" instead
. My location is Earth, specifically the suburbs of Chicago, "and here's my full name, address, and social security number!"

[edit on 21-5-2005 by SmileyMan34]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
While I do agree with everyone that it looks like a scorpion's stinger, based on your description of the event I don't think that's what it is. You'd have the rest of the bugger still in your arm (since the stinging-end would have been what came out), and I'm pretty sure you'd notice that. Besides, I've been stung by a scorpion in my sleep before--while I am admittedly not very tolerant of pain, I really think it's something just about anyone would notice.

Have you tried to cut it open? It may be some type of plant growth, as disgusting as that may sound, or an egg of some kind. As weird as it sounds though, it does look almost like a flower bud.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
LMAO! You had me with the whole OK thing then. ROFL or I had my head to far up my ass to realize. Put the stinger on ebay! LOL Youll make a fortune with a good story.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34

Is that good for scale? Still about 3 mm.

This picture looks exactly like one of the first pictures you posted except rotated and then copied and pasted onto a ruler. The shading on the object on the picture look bizzare. Take another picture of the object except with your camera llooking through a magnifing lens with a good amount of light on it.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spazzymaggie
This picture looks exactly like one of the first pictures you posted except rotated and then copied and pasted onto a ruler. The shading on the object on the picture look bizzare. Take another picture of the object except with your camera llooking through a magnifing lens with a good amount of light on it.

Do you honestly think I'm trying to trick everyone or are you just trying to say it's a bad picture? Just because this is a conspiracy-centered board doesn't mean that everyone's trying to dupe you.

I'd be happy to show you the pictures I tried to take through my magnifying glass [read: the plastic circle on the end of a letter opener] if it would convince you. Do you want a picture of the wound I inflicted upon myself trying to get it out, too?

IRT MCory1:
No, I haven't tried to cut it open. It's pretty dry, and since it's small, I'd probably just end up crunching it up, even with an Exacto. If nobody can tell me what it is, maybe I'll just try planting it

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A bit of a lurker here - looks like a thorn, if you're worried - go and see your doc about it.

Edit - I should add, only if it's *really* worrying you, it does appear to be a thorn.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by MrJc]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Looks like a scorpion stinger to me...but it might be something else, thorn, or otherwise.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
ya know it kinda looks like a seed...
can you like squish it at all ?
have yu tried cutting it in half and looking at the inside?
are you able to look at it under a micoscope?
those are just some suggestions

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join