It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why unchecked anti-american rhetoric is dangerous

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy site, let me ask this:

has it occured to anyone that the "source" and the publishers of the Quran story came under a lot of pressure to effectively retract it? Isn't there more than a shred of possibility of such situation? I personally think yes. The story turned out more explosive than anticipated and presented a major PR blow to the US abroad. Symbolically, it's huge. Now, it would make sense to attack credibility of the story if the administration wants to do damage control.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Dear all,

It makes me chuckle when I read the whining complaints of the right-wing echo chamber complaining about innaccurate articles on US TV and in US magazines.

Those on the right seem to have conveniently forgotten the lies told by Colin Powell at the UN, the lies told by George W every time he talked about Iraq in the run-up to the war, the lies told by Cheney almost everytime he opens his mouth, the lies told by..... (do you see where I am going with this?)

Here is a word you should learn - HYPOCRITE

You are all one.

Cheers

BHR

BHR & Nyg

Thanks for saving me the blood in my inkwell....I was just about to dip the poison pen.

Folks:

- Was this not already public knowledge as a forced coercion ( torture ) technique? Like female interrogators smearing menstrual blood on bound detainee's mouths?

- An article is a jihad spark point, but dropping incendiaries on kids & old people isn't?

- Since I might be the only one who has on news in his office all day, did nobody else catch the propaganda-from-the-White House-tempest-in-a-teapot-the-blonde-girly-talking-heads-were-trying-to-forment? About journalistic responsibility!?

The White House has a HO on call in the media. They've pimped her. They've smacked her when it was necessary to make believe they didn't own it, and that it was something to decry. But make no mistake: the media is PIMP GUARDING for their "Man", just like a good HO should.

Someone should swing by Free Republic to see the more amusing sentiment being shoveled, like from this thread's author. I'd do it, but I left my protective Vaseline injected wet-suit at home.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Im sorry, i didnt understand that, your puting to much ebonics into what your trying to say and it's confusing.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This really doesn't deserve that much input as I find it to be a typical Right/Left Paradigm thread. But for the fun of it I will post something from the move "The Big Lebowski" that reminds me of the title.

Walter Sobcheck - "We're talking about unchecked aggression here"

Donnie - "What the heck is walter talking about dude"

The Dude - "My rug"

Walter Sobcheck - "Forget it donnie you're out of your element"

The Dude "The Chinaman peed on my rug"

Walter Sobcheck - "uh--and also, Dude, Chinaman is
not the preferred nomenclature, uh. . . Asian-
American. Please."

If you are lost right now then I have succeeded.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What do you have against Black people? I'm not one, but take care, some of the staunchest Right Wingers you align with at ATS do happen to be people of color...they're sure to not take your "sheet" whitely! I mean lightly!

Oops! Had to edit since I type slow.....it's for the thread author, a.k.a. White Power

Who lost a finger in that movie again? The kidnapper or Goodman?

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
Some genius from newsweek put an article in paper about some half ass truth/fiction, typical spin, that has now cost lives and will probably cost more. I have said it before that anti-american rhetoric is dangerous, especially when they cant get their facts straight. Now newsweek has made an international ass of themselves and have probably started a 'holy war'. This threatens to derail any progress made in afghanistan.:shk:.

This wasn't rhetoric dude it was a REPORT based off interviews. Yes, not FACTS a report. You honestly think that this wasn't going to happen? Start a holy war? Wake up dude you're in one. How hard is it to incite a mob thats already pissed off. If you gonna hold on to the firecrackers - don't complain when they go off in your hand.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ENTIRE POST EDITED DUE TO VULGARITY , CIRCUMVENTION OF CENSOR AND TOTAL DISREGARD FOR THE LAW!
ATS law, that is. Warn also applied.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Im sorry, i didnt understand that, your puting to much ebonics into what your trying to say and it's confusing.

Ebonics? WTF? I found his analogy quite funny actually.
dictionary.reference.com...

Before you mock others language skills perhaps you should work on some of your own, first. Just a thought.

dictionary.reference.com...

[edit on 16-5-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
well, excuse the hell out of me, putting not putin', lol.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Which is more dangerous:

* unchecked criticism of an irresponsible administration in charge of a superpower...
or...
* unchecked foreign incursion and occupation by a superpower to suit the corrrupt agenda of the few in charge?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The lack of response to both.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Try and stick with the storyline, rather than trying to turn this into a political thread.

Want politics? Go to P-ATS.

Got questions? Go to the T&C thread.

Got Milk? Keep it away from me as I'll drink nothing that dripped off the bottom of a cow.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Before your hatred of all things American and love of all things opposed to it, consider (a difficult thing for a hating mind) who supplied the prisoners with copies of the Koran and who gives the call to prayer at Guantanimo 5 freakin' times a day.

Then consider what it's like to have to guard people who spit and throw sh*t at you, scream about what they'd do to you, your wife, daughter, mother or anyone else they could get their hands on 'em and think killing innocent people is God's work.

Presuming the story is true, which ignores the "innocent until proven guilty"standard OUR law aspires to, I still have a lot more sympathy for the guards than monkeys in the cage.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

"am i the only one who give a fu-- about the rules!"

"I see you rolled your way into the semis... Deois Mia Man... Liam and me were gonne mess you up."

"Now let me tell you something pendejo... you pull any of that crazy stuff with us.. you flash a piece out on the lanes.. i'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fricken trigger till it goes CLICK"

"You said it man.. nobody Fecks with the Jesus"

edited for content

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"The Chinaman p**d on the rug"

"Yeah......And that rug really tied the room together!".......Walter

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
What do you have against Black people? I'm not one, but

Why aren't you black? Are you prejudiced?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Talk to me after fishing season.......killer tan, dude!

Folks always think I'm a cop, if that paints the proper visual ! Progeressive folks wear it high & tight too!

FYI - take a look a juniors warns on insights to his perception of our fellow Americans of African descent.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I could never be a mod on this site - he'd have been banned for life for those racist remarks.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Becky,

What does the JSO stand for?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
This really doesn't deserve that much input as I find it to be a typical Right/Left Paradigm thread. But for the fun of it I will post something from the move "The Big Lebowski" that reminds me of the title.

Walter Sobcheck - "We're talking about unchecked aggression here"

Donnie - "What the heck is walter talking about dude"

The Dude - "My rug"

Walter Sobcheck - "Forget it donnie you're out of your element"

The Dude "The Chinaman peed on my rug"

Walter Sobcheck - "uh--and also, Dude, Chinaman is
not the preferred nomenclature, uh. . . Asian-
American. Please."

If you are lost right now then I have succeeded.

CPYKOmega! ROFLMAO!!

That was(IS) a great movie and I think the inference is right on target. Thanks for the laugh; now I must go and watch that movie again!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join