It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy War unless bush hands over desocrators of koran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I wonder if this means more terrorist attacks?

Do you think bush should hand them over?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Muslims have always been and still are looking for excuses to invade/ terrorise other cultures, with the ultimate intention of conquring them and making them submit to Islam and their morals and standards,

Any other religous book can be torn without the followers threating to kill everyone!!!! so what is so special about Islam?

I think it is time for U.S. and the rest of the world to identify the enemy correctely and work on controlling/destroying it. Handing back warirors spreadheading this resistance and war is plane stupid

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
HELL NO! that would be like giving them the death sentance! and i totally agree with zurvan!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thats what the War on Terrorism is which if this happens in afghanistan proves it was a dismal failure.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
nice quote also zurvan
sorry for going off subject there though trustnone

dont think the "WAR" on "terror" will ever end!

[edit on 15/5/05 by jayce]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
lol it's ok, i just think bush better weigh his decision, this could completly derail his "war on terrorism" which may not be such a bad thing.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Trustnone]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's hardly clear that the report of this happening is even true.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Looks like Bush is screwing up again. First a war on words, now this?(Terror, oooo, that terrified me, bomb it! Spiders terrify me, kill all spiders!)

Well, first steals the election, then cuts anti-terror budget, then tells the FBI to shut up about Osama Bin Laden, then disregards documents telling him that OBL is going to attack us with airplanes, then he cuts taxes for rich people while saying it's for everyone, then he OBL does attack, Bush does nothing, then sends the Bin Laden family home on airplanes in a time no one was allowed to fly, then he blames everyone but the ones responsible(him and Co.) then lies about WMDs, invades Iraq for oil, screws that up, blames everyone but Bush&Co who were the ones responsible, then..... The list goes on and on......

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"war" on terror cannot be ended, both sides are just to stubbon to quit! However if he does let this go what will happen then? i dont think it is all going to be roses and wine for us all?
I honestly think if Bush quits now they will think they have defeated the "mighty" westerners and then they will be no stopping them!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
so is there anyone sane enough to know that destroying others holy books is a really REALLY STUPID THING TO DO?????

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
so is there anyone sane enough to know that destroying others holy books is a really REALLY STUPID THING TO DO?????

So, is there anyone sane enough to know that considering a book as a holy object in the first place is a really REALLY STUPID THING TO DO?????

Is it the words (and the ideas they represent) themselves or the book which is considered holy? If the faith is so weak, if the ideas are so unfounded that mere physical attack on their container can desecrate them, then they don't seem very powerful to me.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Considering all the trouble it's causing the US, if this was done, whoever came up with the idea deserves a round of 9mm to the back of the skull.

Spectacularly stupid move, really brilliant thinking

But then again, there are a lot of medievalist nutcases on both sides that seem to want a global religious war. For them, I guess this constitutes "progress."

Odd

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
holy war, schmoley war.

our god can beat up their god any day.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
hmm, holy war...

how does that stack up to oh nuclear war, i mean which sounds more frightening?

no offense to my christian friends but in my younger days i've rolled a few up using bible paper...

would this mean they'd want to plan a crusade on me?

btw, how do you flush an entire book down a toilet? They got some sort of ultra mega toilet technology?

really i feel it's a stupid, idle threat, doesn't their lives suck enough in their craphole country? Do they really want to give USA a reason to blast them into BCE?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
but I do agree, it's very disrespectable to do that to someones religious text however I don't feel it's a crime. Just shows a lack of empathy and emotion.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think it's wrong, but that's not my problem with it really.

I just think it's a disastrous tactical blunder.
If we want to defeat the extremists, we are going to need to get more moderate Muslims on our side.

Idiocy like this is certainly not going to help.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
holy war, schmoley war.

our god can beat up their god any day.

Haha, that was a good one. Nice to see a bit of humour. I am going to use that in my signature.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

Originally posted by nukunuku

So, is there anyone sane enough to know that considering a book as a holy object in the first place is a really REALLY STUPID THING TO DO?????

Is it the words (and the ideas they represent) themselves or the book which is considered holy? If the faith is so weak, if the ideas are so unfounded that mere physical attack on their container can desecrate them, then they don't seem very powerful to me.

I can totally agree with you however, you know how people are...
Now the other fools will start burning bibles and the next thing you know no one knows who started....and it doesnt matter anymore

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There's something I want to know... as far as I have read on the news, chairman Richard Myers (JCS) has said repeatedly that the only incident he knows about is the ALLEGED use of the koran by an INMATE to block a toilet. Obviously, over the coming days it may be proved that American interrogators themselves are also guilty of it, but I would be surprised if they were... torture can be justified on some level, but I would find it hard to see a good reason for this kind of 'desecration'. So my question is: doesn't this seem a bit over-spun at the moment?

Another thing - and I hope I don't come off as racist in saying this - but isn't declaring a holy war over this a bit much? Lets not forget that in 2000 or 2001, Palestinian terrorists holed up inside the Church of the Nativity, one of Christianity's most sacred sites... and the Pope didn't declare a Holy war on the Palestinian authority, or on muslims.

The fires of the world trade center burned for quite a while after the collapse, and some of the fuel for that must have been a number of Bibles and Old Testaments. I don't recall any clerics declaring a holy war on Al Qaeda. So my question is, why is everyone acting like this alleged incident is something new, and a uniquely american evil worth declaring jihad over?

Again, I don't mean to insult muslims out there. But I do believe that declaring a holy war over this issue is a staggering overreaction and that at some point the guys who issue these declarations need to be a little more objective in their approach.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No one knows whether this really happened or not, but what is sad that is that it is so easy to believe. When did the US become such a pathetic nation? When did we lose all respectablility? There was a time that if this allegation came out the world would say, "No, not the USA!" now it's "Yeah, probably the USA".

The USA used to stand for freedom, liberty, morals, and all of that good stuff. Now it's just a mechansim for those in power to stay rich. I mean come on people! What are the odds that an ex-President's son is qualified to be President! And another governor! Jeez!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join