It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, even with Freedom of Speech you can't yell "FIRE!" if there is none, or make a bomb threat. But well, KKK, Neo Nazis, Republicans, they have the right to say what they want, even if it is offensive/racist.

But this isn't an American Board, we got the Aussies, the British, Canucks, whoever from wherever. Also, kids on here, have to think about the kiddies.

OMG!!!!! Dr.H got banned!?! Alright, finally got rid of the guy who thinks Andy Coulter is a woman. No woman has an Adam's Apple that big!

SO (My butt kissing in the long line of it on this topic)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Jamuhn
....it wouldn't seem fair to those who owned the site and couldn't do what they wanted with it.

Creating your own messageboard or forum anytime soon, Jamuhn?
One where the words "freedom of speech" are in no way restricted or infringed upon?

Maybe you misunderstood. As I stated, it doesn't seem fair to someone who owns a site not being able to do what they want with it. Therefore, if I did own my own forum, it wouldn't be fair that I had to pay for it, but couldn't implement my own rules. Comprende?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the clarification and comprehende', Jamuhn.

seekerof

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Other than the blantent arse kissing this thread has produced, I would tend to agree with you.

Well as far as my ass is involved, "You can't touch this".

Quote by MC DeltaNine.

STOP!

Delta time!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Other than the blantent arse kissing this thread has produced, I would tend to agree with you.

Well as far as my ass is involved, "You can't touch this".

Quote by MC DeltaNine.

STOP!

Delta time!

Dun...Dun, Dun, Dun.....Dun, Dun....Dun, Dun.

Just be glad I didn't bring up BananaRama.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Someone threatend legal action due to a banning?
That's odd....behavior to say the least. And Dr. H got banned!?
I never even noticed as I put him on Ignore a while ago lol

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow, Dr. H. got banned and I didn't even notice he was gone. The troubling part is i'm not sure if that says more about him or more about me. Ponder on this I must.

I believe it was Ghandi who said, "Be the change you hope to see in the world." and I consider those to be pretty wise words.

ATS cannot in its present incarnation change the entire world, but we can change our little corner of it. We can demand respect for those members we disagree with, we can change the behaviour of those who are rude and mean and we can ban those who refuse to be decent and civil in the discussions carried on here.

This is a place to learn, not a place to brawl in the hall.

I like it here.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just want to know what a blantent arse is, and whether discussion of osculation of same is permissible under the terms & conditions.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Nuff said?

We must look to the source to find the "arse"

But then again, not all arses are quite as well masked!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Would you mind putting yours away, builder's crack is not appealing to anyone engaging in erstwhile discussion.

LOL.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Would you mind putting yours away, builder's crack is not appealing to anyone engaging in erstwhile discussion.

LOL.

The pervasive' crack problem is best left to deal with in the general forums not here Mr. Masked one.

But then again if the mask fits.. by all means wear it!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I just want to know what a blantent arse is, and whether discussion of osculation of same is permissible under the terms & conditions.

did you mean blatant as in loud, noisy, and obvious when referencing the term arse? if that is the case, then under WW interpretation of the T&C it is acceptable only when speaking of medical condition that directly affects the posterior or keister. The term blatant arse should not be used to address or describe fellow members unless it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, a picture would be required that the member is indeed a blatant arse with no other recognizable human features.

As for osculation, I have no problems with that either. Actually I rather enjoy osculation and think discussions regarding the subject are fine as long as the osculation relates to the lips and mouth and not any other extremities

*Disclaimer: WW's interpretation of the T&C is purely abstract, illusory, psychosomatic and may transmutate at any given time

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I would think that you've been around long enough to know whether a blatenent osculation was permissable under the T&C or it was incorporated for a certain members gratification.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
short and sweet version:

you cannot post what you want...

or say what you want...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
short and sweet version:

you cannot post what you want...

or say what you want...

that is so not true

see i posted what i wanted and said what i wanted

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

did you mean blatant as in loud, noisy, and obvious when referencing the term arse?

Thank you for the erudite guidance on the issues of cheek. The term blantent was coined a few posts before mine. I had not come across it before.

The tone in which the term was applied was accusatory, that is, that much blantent arse kissing had been demonstrated on this topic; hence in order to develop a position on the blantency of it all it is important to know what blantency is.

I would take this to the General forum by Um_Gazz's suggestion, but I am not certain if the General has his own Forum yet. He would certainly have something to say on blantent arse kissing though, I am sure, if he doesn't have a gag order on him.

Onward and upward, treat each other nicely, osculation-free is safest.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ooh suddenly my buttons look all square with new icons and stuff. I will play with the toys.

I cannot navigate directly to Recent Posts at BTS. Guess that is intentional, but I didn't know the gender segregation program would result in this!

Ah. That's better. My eyes have become accustomed. I can see clearly now the pain has gone.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by drfunk
as i dont get my right taken away to chat and be extremely funky

You mean, privilege , correct?

yes, yes privilege

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh noes! The big, bad MaskedAvatar picked up on a spellink errer.

I will have to shoot myself, for the shame, THE SHAME.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
You mean, privilege , correct?

(Just a gentle reminder of the main topic... in this realm, you have "privileges" granted through the good graces of the owner.)

Privilege as in a right?

American and English dictionaries on the definition of privilege can't be wrong, right?

Methinks the ATS Forums just need a Ten Commandments or a Bill of Righ... err... Privileges.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join