It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Needed Badly!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I dont normally need help in these sort of things, cuz well *runs fingers through hair and flips collar* im a mac.
jk

Okay, the situation goes like this. I have this group of friends, about 4 or 5 guys and 1 girl. We hang out at lunch, in the morning before classes, all the time. About 3 of the other guys make fun of the girl ALOT, insane amounts. Its not just regular stuff either, they genuinely try and piss her off and get upset. Now, the thing is, im startin to really like this girl that they rip on all the time. We laugh at each others stupid jokes, have common interests, alot of the same stuff. So the predicament is this, if I ask this girl out then all the guys in the group would never let me and her hear the end of it. Iv tried to get them to stop, but they never do. Im really unsure of what to do because of that, and also school ends around the beginning of June, and then I move during July, so even if I DID ask her out itd only be for a little bit.

Sooooo...anybody have any idea of a course of action to take if any at all?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It’s easy take your balls out of your lunch bag and stand up for her, tell your buddy’s to shut there cake holes cause you like her and you have heard enough of there jokes and bull#.
It was fun then but now you've had enough and don’t like it,, no more cheap shots
(P.S)
I have lived my whole life by speaking my mind and taking what I want, try it might surprise you.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Absolutely, stand up and make your intentions known, cuz if you don't , you'll always wonder "what if?"

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If you like her, just do it. Well, not 'it', at least not on the first date.

When you get old like me(33), the things you regret most, are the things you didn't do.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
go for it mate...you can only regret things that you have done....regretting not having done them is worse...believe me.

good luck.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Sooooo...anybody have any idea of a course of action to take if any at all?

Personally, I was in the same situation. I married her..

Anyhoo, if you're moving, what do you care what those guys think? Go ahead and ask her (just not in front of the guys...)

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
do u really care what your friends say, if they were friends they will take the piss i am not going to lie,
but if you really like her then you shouldn't care, and when your friends see that you really like this girl, they will make the occasional joke but it will die down,
as people have said you lean from mistakes and if you dont then you will regret it if you dont go for it.... amagine in 30 years you two have many children and are married. scary thought because you could be missing out on your soul mate. just do it and stand up for her.
she most probally thinks you dont like her because you dont stand up for her, try it the worst thing is: she will say no.
but for you even to say what you feel is a massive curv.. try it
xx oni xx

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
well...

first:

dont put a girl before your friends...

second:

defend her if she is worth it (most are not)...

REMEMBER:

"girls are trouble, headaches, and want your money and your man-juice"...

im glad i dont have your problem...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
well what an idea to give to a boy! Nice view *girls are users!*
not all of them are!

x x oni x x

*dont listern to him!*

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was so her, dude. All my guy friends tortured me unceasingly, too. I don't know why they even "let" me hang out with them if they just wanted to abuse me like that....but whatever LoL.

I will tell you this, even if she laughs it off it probably really does bother her deep down inside. Even though she seems tough like she can take it, it still does probably hurt.

Also, I suspect that she's hangin out with you guys because there's no one else in that school that she'd rather be around. That should be appreciated.

The others are morons and should be put in their place. I know that seems like it would not be recieved well and would just get you ragged on...but something might sink in.

You should try to do something to give her back some "power" within that little group before you leave anyway. Dating her briefly and then ditching her when you leave probably won't have that affect.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I have lived my whole life by speaking my mind and taking what I want, try it might surprise you.

I've only been chased at school by one angry mob of like 30 people out to kill for doing this. I'm not joking either.

top topics

join