It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its too silent around ATS....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Really silent around the streets of ATS, whats wrong? i can never remember it being this low, in all my times of ATS. Are we about to experience some major problem? its very odd when places become silent, its like something is waiting to happen. Anyways, lets keep a watchful eye out.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by infinite]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
infinite, i was just thinking the same thing. The boards are barely moving.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yeah like the quiet before the storm. Spooky!
I wouldn't notice the difference tho cos i'm wot you'd call a n00b to this place. But i take it theres usually a lot more activity on here.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Could be the start of the holiday season for some people.
I would imagine work plays a part in the board being quiet.

I tend to find that late at night (UK time) is the best time to be on ATS.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yeah the busiest time is late afternoon into the evening U.S. time, so that'd be late night UK time...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Guess the majority are Americans then?
Having said that, i have seen a hell of a lot of British people on here too.

Maybe the time factor has a lot to do with things?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Pip Pip, Old Bean

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Guess the majority are Americans then?
Having said that, i have seen a hell of a lot of British people on here too.

Most of those "Brits" are probably "Yanks" who are pretending to be British so they don't have to deal with all the America-bashing.

Or perhaps not feel so bad about doing some themselves.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Americans ARE British. Their little tantrum doesn't count.

Get your wallet out- The Crown wants their back tax!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Good point, but, why America bashing when the British are there fighting too, as are many other countries never ceases to amaze me.

Seems pointless to me pretending to be someone you aren't just to avoid 'bashing'.
We are all patriotic towards our relevant countries, and would always stand by it regardless of how much we disagree with the politics about the War.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Well this graph shows that everything is normal I guess, at least for this week.

But this shows that April and May are becoming one of the slowest months of the year... I guess its just that time again, I'd give it till the end of May for everything to be back to normal though.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
ats hit 1 million posts, why go on? Just kidding.
YELLS at top of lungs! There, that loud enough for you?
I would also like to see things speed up some.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Fuzzy Nationalism

Good point, but, why America bashing when the British are there fighting too, as are many other countries never ceases to amaze me.

My theory is that America is the biggest target and easiest to hit. Plus, unlike many regimes, ours usually doesn't hit back for expressing opinions. So we're not only easy to hit, but safe to hit as well.

Therefore we represent a more attractive target to those whose intellectual aim is poorest.

My observations correlate this theory to a remarkable degree.

For example, even the “Free Tibet” crowd tends to spend way more time bashing the U.S. than even saying the most innocuous unkind things about China.

North Korea treats its people like dirt, but no, it's the U.S. which oppresses its own people. Stuff like that.

Selective outrage invariably ends up directed at the U.S. Sort of like all roads leading to Rome.

It's not that there aren't plenty of legitimate things to criticize about America. Far from it.

But for those looking for something -- anything -- to resent, we're the easiest to glom onto, due to our high media profile and tendency not to arrest and execute dissenters.

Heck we even invented the Internet to make it easier for people to use it to bash us.

Who says we aren't accommodating?

Englishman In New York

Seems pointless to me pretending to be someone you aren't just to avoid 'bashing'.

I was just kidding about that -- sort of.

There are apparently a few Americans on ATS who do indeed pose as foreigners (more or less) either to avoid the hassles or feel better about dogpiling on the U.S. when a thread turns nasty, as they so often do.

Regarding America's colonial past -- my favorite irony is the absurd spectacle of Europeans criticizing us for being “imperialistic”. That's rich, especially to a resident of a nation that consists entirely of former European colonies.

We do understand the sentiment, however. It can be unsettling to see the former underlings doing so well.

My Country, Wrong Or Wrong

We are all patriotic towards our relevant countries, and would always stand by it regardless of how much we disagree with the politics about the War.

Some are, some aren't. There are some Americans on ATS and elsewhere that make no bones about it: they hate America and everything it stands for, in as many words, and no, not kidding.

It takes all kinds, and the freedom to hate America is still just that: freedom.

Without it, we are nothing.

As for standing by America, I usually do, but that doesn't mean I always agree with what we do, nor that I don't occasionally bitterly oppose U.S. policy.

In fact, I have a huge stack of complaints regarding my nation's federal government, which I consider too bloated, overpowered and corrupt for my liking. But ultimately, that's a criticism of America, because we are collectively responsible for our government.

It takes all kinds, and the freedom to criticize America is still just that: freedom.

Without it, we are nothing.

Traffic Jams

As for the actual topic, whatever that was, I think the season and upcoming finals have a lot to do with things.

Which reminds me. Why am I typing out screeds on ATS when I could be doing something productive?

Hmm, maybe I should start a thread to debate that question...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It does seem a little quiter in the evenings. Maybe high school and college students studying for finals?
Don't worry though, the trend is bound to change

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
US elections are over, the war news is usually the same, (suicide bombings weekly, and insurgent attacks daily). No real big scandals to report. Haven't had a major geoligical event lately.

Hell, we may have to start reporting on the good things in this world soon if the lull keeps up

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Endless Summer

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
It does seem a little quiter in the evenings. Maybe high school and college students studying for finals?
Don't worry though, the trend is bound to change

Just wait 'til summer vacation hits here in the U.S.

Hope you mods are resting while you can.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, we might get some action later on when people finish work,college,school in the UK and hit P@ATS to discuss the general election last night. But it is abit too silent around these hallways though

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ATS is ATS. Seems the site is never in need of negatives free flowing just members of individual-ness.

Dallas

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
While I have noticed that replies are not coming as fast as they used to and new threads aren't being posted with the same speed as several months ago....I've also noticed that post quality has improved!

I think this is perhaps related to the filtration process of new ATS members.....Less spam and more meat....

[edit on 5/6/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
While I have noticed that replies are not coming as fast as they used to and new threads aren't being posted with the same speed as several months ago....I've also noticed that post quality has improved!

I think this is perhaps related to the filtration process of new ATS members.....Less spam and more meat....

[edit on 5/6/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

could be, but still...
we are never this quiet around ATS...its been elevated for about a week now, an now its dropped to green. Interesting...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Trying to understand what you are saying to words above?

Dallas

top topics

<<   2 >>

join