It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics or animations in my signature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How do I put animations or pictures in my signature space. I dont know how and was wondering if someone could help. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Once you find the .gif or .jpg picture you want to put below....
You click on control panel
click the edit profile
scroll down to very bottom where it says signature
use the codes at end of addy/address.

To find information on addy/address of your .gif or .jpg image, just right click on it, select properties and look at the address for the image.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you know, I did exactly that and it's not working. it's making me mightily cranky, too. I know the image is there...if you copy and paste the URL into a browser, it pops up. (spiffy too...it dynamically updates to show what I'm listening to. pointless, but cool.) maybe the image is too large. hmm.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, for which a Mod will correct me, you can have up to 24,000 bytes total in your sig.

The dimensions I am not sure of though MC.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thank you all. I go twhat I wanted down in my signature space. Thank you.

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm glad you got yours up and running, Jetsetter
now let's see if someone has the answers to mine
maybe something that updates dynamically needs refreshing too quickly for a signature? although if that was the case, it probably would show up at least sporadically...hmm..

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Can you describe what you want to put down there. It looks like it may have sound.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I still dont know how to get my avatar up, lathwood does not work anymore, so im stuck with nothing.
Deep

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
MC, I had the same problem with my new one that I currently have. You remember the three I had in my sig? Well, I removed two and put my current one in along with the female bent over touching her toes....oh, I love female art...

None-the-less, it worked.
Well, my new one didn't look to goos with the smaller female one so I removed the smaller .gif info and hit edit.
Went to check how it looked and BAM....my sig. was gone but showed just like your is doing.
I went back in and literally removed every bit of info out of my sig. hit the edit button.....waited a minute and went back and added my current sig. info in and it worked fine since.

What I am eluding too, in all my yabbering, is that you may need to remove everything from your sig and then re-do it.
Not sure it will work but it worked for me. Might have been luck...*shrug*

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Deep,

All you have to do is get you picture, click to the right and go to properties and copy the adress on your profile, and then press edit profile. Wah La you have you picture

P.S. it can't be to big or it wont download

thanx to ^
I got my picture

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Seekerof, thanks for the tip, but it doesn't seem to be working.
and jetsetter, it's a little image that dynamically updates to show what I'm playing on my computer's MP3 player. it doesn't have sound or anything, though.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Can we use pictures of singers or is that not allowed because of copyright?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I still dont know how to get my avatar up, lathwood does not work anymore, so im stuck with nothing.

There is no longer a need for lathwood as William has provided us with an upload feature for our avatars.

Click on "upload" near the top of the page and it will open a small window for you where you can browse your files and upload an image to the ATS server.

Then put in your avatar box,

The filename will be something like ats###_filename
The .ext will be either .jpg, .gif, .txt, or .pdf

I hope this clears that up for you. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask.

maynards, I'm not aware of not being allowed to use certain pics for your avatar but if you're not sure I would u2u Bob88 or William.

Mornington, what is the extension of your url?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Mornington, what is the extension of your url?

it doesn't have one, and that's the problem, I've decided. it's a dynamic image, so the exact filename changes every time I change the song I'm playing. oh well.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

The link in this post isn't working. Can someone tell me the code/s I need to use to add a pic or animation to my signature? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

you need an image link which starts with [ IMG] (without the space after the [) and ends with [ /IMG] (again without the space after the [)
like: [ IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/orange-light/signatures/sig-57.jpg[ /IMG]

put it into your signature and voila!

guidelines about avatars and signature

GIF and JPEF file formats for any image with a maximum dimension of 500 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. File size is not to exceed 25k, and animated GIF's are allowed.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thank you very much. I'll give it a try.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

as i can see - it worked

well done

new topics

top topics

join